PDA

View Full Version : HELP: IELTS requirement for NMC registration

chynn23
26th December 2014, 13:03
Good day kabayans! Happy Holidays!
I have some questions regarding the required IELTS score for nurses's registration in the NMC council.

I just have some few inquiries for a friend. He is a nurse here in the Philippines and wishes to apply as a UK nurse. He already took his IELTS exam twice this year aiming to get the required score. However, the results came out and there are parts where he wasn't able to reach his target scores. This is the summary of his grades:

DATE of EXAM: NOVEMBER 1, 2014
TOTAL BAND SCORE: 8.0
WRITING: 7.0
SPEAKING: 6.5
LISTENING: 8.5
READING: 8.5

DATE OF EXAM: DECEMBER 13, 2014
TOTAL BAND SCORE: 7.5
WRITING: 6.5
SPEAKING: 7.5
READING: 7.5

I would just like to ask, if anyone have any information/s on the matter, if it is possible to combine the scores from the 2 exam dates that met the required ielts scores for him to be able to qualify for the NMC registration?

Thank you very much!

raynaputi
26th December 2014, 13:08
Good day kabayans! Happy Holidays!
I have some questions regarding the required IELTS score for nurses's registration in the NMC council.

I just have some few inquiries for a friend. He is a nurse here in the Philippines and wishes to apply as a UK nurse. He already took his IELTS exam twice this year aiming to get the required score. However, the results came out and there are parts where he wasn't able to reach his target scores. This is the summary of his grades:

DATE of EXAM: NOVEMBER 1, 2014
TOTAL BAND SCORE: 8.0
WRITING: 7.0
SPEAKING: 6.5
READING: 8.5

DATE OF EXAM: DECEMBER 13, 2014
TOTAL BAND SCORE: 7.5
WRITING: 6.5
SPEAKING: 7.5
READING: 7.5

I would just like to ask, if anyone have any information/s on the matter, if it is possible to combine the scores from the 2 exam dates that met the required ielts scores for him to be able to qualify for the NMC registration?

Thank you very much!

No. He must have a score of at least 7.0 in all categories in one exam. Unfortunately, he needs to retake the tests again and must meet the required score.

chynn23
26th December 2014, 13:29
I see! Thank you very much Ma'am! :smile:

joebloggs
26th December 2014, 13:47
I hope your friend is aware they need to take the academic version and not the general version of IELTS