PDA

View Full Version : Watching 'The Interview' later

les_taxi
25th December 2014, 11:25
I'm looking forward to seeing the partially-banned movie later :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
25th December 2014, 11:43
I fancy watching American Sniper - can anyone suggest functioning back up sites? ⛔

les_taxi
25th December 2014, 12:04
I'll send you a link, Ded

Dedworth
25th December 2014, 12:14

Cheers Les

fred
27th December 2014, 01:20
Cheers Les

Me too Les ..please! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
27th December 2014, 01:22
American Sniper doesn't seem to be available yet despite its 25/12 US release :bigcry:

les_taxi
27th December 2014, 15:15
Watched lone survivor good but very bravo 2 zero. Love this type of film.

Dedworth
27th December 2014, 15:24
Check out "Dead Mans Shoes" - disaffected ex Soldier returns to grimy Northern home town to wreak revenge on the scumbags who have brutalised his mentally handicapped brother. Alt "Outlaw" starring Sean Bean as a Para who returns home to deal with vermin

les_taxi
27th December 2014, 16:12
SPOILER! !!
Going back to lone survivor I would have taken the kids and old bloke out no problem.

Arthur Little
27th December 2014, 23:40

:icon_sorry: Les ... it seems you can't. Apparently ... :anerikke: ... what was salvaged of the movie itself ISN'T available in this country. :NoNo:

les_taxi
28th December 2014, 00:57
You don't know me very well Arthur :biggrin: I have had a good copy since Xmas Day :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
28th December 2014, 01:08
You don't know me very well Arthur :biggrin: I have had a good copy since Xmas Day :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:cwm24: ... REALLY? Good on you, mate ... well done! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
28th December 2014, 07:48
Check out "Dead Mans Shoes" - disaffected ex Soldier returns to grimy Northern home town to wreak revenge on the scumbags who have brutalised his mentally handicapped brother. Alt "Outlaw" starring Sean Bean as a Para who returns home to deal with vermin

Watched 'Dead Man's Shoes' when it was first on TV quite a few years ago, excellent film, shocking stuff! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
29th December 2014, 12:52
Les - is the Interview worth downloading ? Just off out on the bike and I fancy vegetating later

joebloggs
29th December 2014, 13:23
Les - is the Interview worth downloading ? Just off out on the bike and I fancy vegetating later

Something better

Foxcatcher
Nightcrawler
John Wick
Fury
The Equalizer
The November Man
A Walk Among the Tombstones

Dedworth
29th December 2014, 16:06
Thanks Joe
- I'll have a look November Man & Equalizer look to be my cup of tea

joebloggs
29th December 2014, 16:12
Thanks Joe
- I'll have a look November Man & Equalizer look to be my cup of tea

:icon_lol: I think you will like The Equalizer :wink:

The only problem with this site is, it opens up other windows, but not a major problem :wink:

mickcant
30th December 2014, 08:07
Something better

Foxcatcher
Nightcrawler
John Wick
Fury
The Equalizer
The November Man
A Walk Among the Tombstones

Just watched "Fury" a good film, it has a beautiful Alicia Von Rittberg in it. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Mick. :smile:

joebloggs
30th December 2014, 08:24
Just watched " Fury" a good film, it has a beautiful Alicia Von Rittberg in it. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Mick. :smile:

:xxgrinning--00xx3: I liked the superior German tank blowing the Yanks' ones apart :icon_lol:

tone
1st January 2015, 00:30
Joe
The link asks to install a media player - being in my job I can't allow that to install, until I've used a few tools on the application to see what it does to my laptop.

What's alarming is that I have the latest version of MPlayerX (I'm on a mac) already and the site wants me to "update" it - which says its probably going to infect my device with something that wants to steal stuff..

What do you use to view those streams?

Tone

joebloggs
1st January 2015, 12:02
Joe
The link asks to install a media player - being in my job I can't allow that to install, until I've used a few tools on the application to see what it does to my laptop.

What's alarming is that I have the latest version of MPlayerX (I'm on a mac) already and the site wants me to "update" it - which says its probably going to infect my device with something that wants to steal stuff..

What do you use to view those streams?

Tone

I never install anything from a link :NoNo:

I've not installed anything, all of them play without me installing anything, looks like they use JWPlayer which looks to be an Adobe flash player

Having a Mac might be the problem here. Have you got the latest adobe flash player updates?? :cwm25:

Terpe
1st January 2015, 15:33
I tried some stuff from that link and it worked fine.
Well given the rubbish internet speeds here:furious3:

It requires a little patience watching BBC iPlayer

tone
2nd January 2015, 00:35
I never install anything from a link :NoNo:

I've not installed anything, all of them play without me installing anything, looks like they use JWPlayer which looks to be an Adobe flash player

Having a Mac might be the problem here. Have you got the latest adobe flash player updates?? :cwm25:

Hi Joe
Yeah I have everything up to date - I use the Qualys Free Scan "Browser-check" tools which checks everything is up to date, but OSX is ver good at highlighting out of date software itself.

I can get most of those fils via newsgroups but thought I'd stream.

Thanks for your help

Tone

joebloggs
2nd January 2015, 00:42
My misses watched a few films today, streamed really well, hardly any buffering.

I try not to download much these days. Once the misses has watched it, it gets deleted anyway.

I don't use newgroups, I've got a couple of filehost accounts and can get most stuff in 15 mins.

joebloggs
4th January 2015, 14:08
2014 /Manny

Terpe
4th January 2015, 15:23
I started watching The Interview but soon decided not to bother.
Not my cup of tea at all sadly :NoNo:

tone
5th January 2015, 23:57
I managed to watch it to the end and some of the humour was ok, but it wasn't a great film and glad I didn't sit down with my mum and watch it!

joebloggs
8th January 2015, 01:03
:yikes: WTF :hubbahubba: DVDSCR are out for , someone is in the :censored: for releasing these ....

American Sniper
The Hobbit - the battle of the five armies
Unbroken
Big Hero 6
Into the Woods
Big eyes
Selma
Birdman
The Imitation Game
:yikes::yikes::yikes:

bigmarco
8th January 2015, 01:20
I started watching The Interview but soon decided not to bother.
Not my cup of tea at all sadly :NoNo:

You didn't miss much.
I think we should all thank North Korea for preventing it from being released in the cinemas :NoNo: