PDA

View Full Version : where can i buy ingredients for....

Cheryl Tyndall
15th November 2007, 12:19
hi everyone here! Can anybody tell me where can i buy ingredients for dinuguan? thanks!

KeithD
15th November 2007, 12:20
Philippines!!!

Cheryl Tyndall
15th November 2007, 12:27
but im here in essex..:NoNo:

ginapeterb
15th November 2007, 13:01
Cheryl

Hi I am an Essex boy, don't worry about Sir Keith, he is a scouser, and comes from the upper provinces, you are living in the more refined part of the country, so his brand of humour may be hard to understand...

So you want ingredients, well firstly, you could get your partner to take you to Hoo Hing, there is one just off Whalebone lane south going in towards Dagenham, the address is on internet under Hoo Hing.

Secondly, if you want a day out, get on the Tube, or take the train into the city, depending on where you live in Essex, you take the One network into the city, Liverpool street station, then get on the Picadilly line, get around to Earls Court station, out of the station turn left, and walk up Earls Court road, and look for Hogarth Place on your right, there are 2 Filipino dedicated supermarkets, one is called Manila Supermarket.

They should have all your ingredients, I hope this information has helped.

Cheryl Tyndall
15th November 2007, 13:08
hi ginapeterb!

Thank you sooo much for the information! I will definitely take a day off to go to picadilly and get what i need to cook my favorite dish!

Hi to WIN2WIN.. i love his answer though.. hehehe

ginapeterb
15th November 2007, 13:13
Cheryl, call me Pete, we are Pete and Gina, we are in Essex also...
don't go to Picadilly itself, as you wont find the ingredients there, take the Blue line, the Picadilly line, it should get you to Earls court station, or you can always drive there, or get your partner to drive you there, there is limited parking in Hogarth Place, its metered, its about 40p per 20 minutes or something like that.

Just remember, if you go in the weekday, the supermarkets there are in the Transport for London congestion zone, there is a fee of £8.00 to pay for entry, Hogarth Place is just inside the zone by about 5 meters, Earls court road is not in the zone, using the Tube and buses is cheaper than taking a car, but a car is more convenient.

You can also buy Oiishi, Datu Puti, anything you want really, Cuttle Fish, Milk Fish, Banggus, lots of different kind of Fish you are used to, you can buy Thai Fragrant rice which is better rice than Tescos, or the other markets in town where you live.

You need a day out really, to go up there, best of luck with it. let us know how it goes.

KeithD
15th November 2007, 13:14
Hi I am an Essex boy, don't worry about Sir Keith, he is a scouser, and comes from the upper provinces, you are living in the more refined part of the country, so his brand of humour may be hard to understand...

OY!!! :D

At least I'm not from Birmingham: "You got the time on ya cock" :omg:

ginapeterb
15th November 2007, 13:22
What about That lot from South Yorkshire Kieth.

"I tell you somat an all, if you lot carry on with dis caper..he waint be only one who tries to top his sen !"

(From Robert Carlisle aka Gaz in Full Monty)

Cheryl Tyndall
15th November 2007, 14:05
Thanks Pete! I'll make a copy of this information you gave me, so that i can carry it with me when i go there. I appreciate your reply very much.

Hi to WIN2WIN!! Luv yaaaa:Hellooo:

bigtombowski
15th November 2007, 14:55
OY!!! :D

At least I'm not from Birmingham: "You got the time on ya cock" :omg:

yeh, when i moved to birmingham i got that mistaken ... ummm i ummmm i got a clock tattood there!!!:icon_tonguew:

:doh

aromulus
15th November 2007, 15:42
yeh, when i moved to birmingham i got that mistaken ... ummm i ummmm i got a clock tattood there!!!:icon_tonguew:

:doh

Having a clock tattoed there, doesn't make it last longer....:icon_lol:
I suppose you had the tattoist set the clock at six pm....:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Trust the irish...:doh

bigtombowski
15th November 2007, 17:02
hahahahahahaaaa!

it's better than u with your Dolmio fetish :D hehe

what a stupid joke! i am gonna shut up now! lol

bigtombowski
15th November 2007, 17:03
grrr, im no more irish than u are hehe

foodie
21st April 2008, 17:09
What is dinuguan? and how do you make it?

gadgets
21st April 2008, 17:17

it a pork dish where one of the ingredients is pork blood.

http://www.lakbaypilipinas.com/filipino_recipes/maindish/dinuguan.html

trends5squared
21st April 2008, 19:35

The word "diniguan" comes from the word "dugo" which means blood. :) Its a famous savory Filipino stew of "dugo" and meat (sometimes Pig's internal organs, like heart, intestines, kidney, pancreas, stomach, etc.") simmered in a RICH AND SPICY GRAVY of pig's blood, garlic, chili and vinegar. :Hellooo:

I miss cooking it . . . I sometimes add banana bud/ heart on it. It will make the dinuguan more palatable. :Rasp:

CHEERS! :Hellooo:

andypaul
21st April 2008, 19:37
The Wife used to buy it in small tupperware tubs from the Local phill shop but they stoped doing it for some reason.

rikyandnina
6th August 2008, 13:40
:omg: goodness gracious, youre as bad as i am, i've been mulling over thoughts of pinapaitan. anyways,,, why don't you just have some black pudding? di ba that's also made of b-l-o-o-d??? BUT :doh i've never eaten dinuguan and black pudding so i wouldn't know how to compare...