PDA

View Full Version : When was the last time?

Bridget
15th November 2007, 07:58
A relationship is like a garden. If it is to thrive it must be watered regularly. Special care must be given, taking into the account the seasons as well as many unpredictable weather. New seeds must be sown and weeds must be pulled. Similarly, to keep the magic of love alive we must understand its seasons and nurture love s special needs.

Falling in love is like springtime. We feel as thought we will be happy forever. We cannot imagine not loving our partner. It is a time of innocence. Love seems eternal. It is a magical time when feel that everything seems perfect and works effortlessly. Our partner seems to be the perfect fit. We effortlessly dance together in harmony and rejoice in our good fortune.

Through out the summer of love we realize our partner is not as perfect as we thought, and we have to work on our relationship. Not only because our partner is from different race, but he or she is a human who also makes mistakes and is flawed in certain ways. Frustration and disappointment arise, weeds need to be uprooted and plants need extra watering under the hot sun. It is no longer easy to give love and get the love we need. We discover that we are not always happy and we do not always feel loving. At this point we sometimes become disillusioned feels like do not want to work on relationship, sometimes we blame the partner and give up. We never realize that love is not always easy, sometimes requires a hard work under the sun. In the summertime of love, we need to nurture our partner s needs as well as for and get the love we need.

As a result of tending the garden during the summer, we get to harvest the result of our hard work. Fall has come. It is a golden time- rich and fullfilling. We experience a more mature love that accepts and understands our partner s imperfections as well as our own. It is a time of thanksgiving and sharing. Having worked hard during summer we can relax and enjoy the love we have created.

Then the weather changes again and winter comes. During this season, cold, barren months of winter, all of nature pulls back within itself. It is time of rest, reflection and renewal. This is a time in relationships when we experience our own unresolved pain or our own shadow self. It is when our lid comes off and our painful feelings emerge. It is a time of solitary growth when we need to look more to ourselves to our partners for love and fulfillment. It is a time of healing. This is the time when man hibernate in their caves and woman sink to the bottom of their wells.
After loving and healing ourselves from the dark winter of love, then spring inevitably returns. Once again we are blessed with the feelings of hope, love, and abundance of possibilities. After the inner healing and soul searching on our wintery journey , we are then able to open our hearts and feel the springtime of love.

After reading the above paragraphs, in what season of love are you now? When was the last time you said
“Sweetheart, I love you.” Or “Honey, thank you. You are the best thing that ever happened to me".
Simple phrases, few words that often or most of the times we forget.
These phrases like the water that needs to nurture the plants in the garden of your love.

joebloggs
15th November 2007, 11:50
most of the time i only say to my wife "can you shift out of the way, i can't see the tv" :doh ... most things go thru cycles, of ups and downs.. :cwm12:

kimmi
15th November 2007, 12:00
I always say i love u and how special they are to my parents, family and to Clive..Life is too short, so we have to enjoy life to the fullest..:)

Cheers..:)

ginapeterb
15th November 2007, 12:54
I must concur with Joe..on this one...its been 3 years now, and I also say to my wife....are you not tired honey, go to bed will you ...I want to watch the Football, or get my beer and snacks honey !

What i like about Filipinas is that they are so complying, hahaha, I put The Filipino Channel in her room so that she can watch Isabela..

Bridget
15th November 2007, 14:15
I must concur with Joe..on this one...its been 3 years now, and I also say to my wife....are you not tired honey, go to bed will you ...I want to watch the Football, or get my beer and snacks honey !

What i like about Filipinas is that they are so complying, hahaha, I put The Filipino Channel in her room so that she can watch Isabela..

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: that is very sweet Kuya Pete.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

graceylacey
15th November 2007, 15:09
I always say i love u and how special they are to my parents, family and to Clive..Life is too short, so we have to enjoy life to the fullest..:)

My hubby and I have this agreement that either or both would be the first one to say "Sorry" and "I love you". Whoever gets up first would say "I love you" and before going to sleep, we would say "I love you". Whenever we have an argument, even if it's not my fault, I would say "Sorry" and we would talk (and vice-versa).

It's very nice to do and practise these things, you tend to lessen the conflict and nurture your relationship with words and actions.

bigtombowski
15th November 2007, 15:11
filipinas ROCK
i'm just imagining my jamaican ex doing this bwahahaha

i love my girl, all the more coz she's filipna :D

Bridget
15th November 2007, 15:12
Ohh that is lovely Graceylacey.

bigtombowski
15th November 2007, 15:20
i agree :D

joebloggs
15th November 2007, 17:18
My hubby and I have this agreement that either or both would be the first one to say "Sorry" and "I love you". Whoever gets up first would say "I love you" and before going to sleep, we would say "I love you". Whenever we have an argument, even if it's not my fault, I would say "Sorry" and we would talk (and vice-versa).

It's very nice to do and practise these things, you tend to lessen the conflict and nurture your relationship with words and actions.

:NoNo:, only thing we agree on, is that we both will never agree on anything :doh. still i know what her answer will always be :xxgrinning--00xx3:
oh you can still be married and not agree :D

Bridget
15th November 2007, 17:20
:NoNo:, only thing we agree on, is that we both will never agree on anything :doh. still i know what her answer will always be :xxgrinning--00xx3:
oh you can still be married and not agree :D

Thats a very good agreement. :xxgrinning--00xx3::)

Bridget
15th November 2007, 17:22
OOooopss someone just gave me another 1 rep point. I wonder who that is. Thank you very much indeed.

Bridget
15th November 2007, 17:25
i love my girl, all the more coz she's filipna :D

Thats Great Tommi. OK You are allowed to land on the Philippine soil na. :icon_lol:

Bridget
15th November 2007, 17:34
[QUOTE=ginapeterb;43450]I want to watch the Football, or get my beer and snacks honey !

If my Sweetheart is busy watching the football its my opportunity to read my books or do my cross-stitch. I already accepted that, when its football time it is his time no argue.:NoNo:

aromulus
15th November 2007, 20:01
[quote=ginapeterb;43450]I want to watch the Football, or get my beer and snacks honey !

If my Sweetheart is busy watching the football its my opportunity to read my books or do my cross-stitch. I already accepted that, when its football time it is his time no argue.:NoNo:

If England is involved in major tournaments, you will be able to spend as much time as possible with him...:D

The team usually doesn't go very far, or qualify for much...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

bigtombowski
16th November 2007, 01:12
hehe

thank u ate bridge -- our resident entry officer for the clearance to enter your wonderful, mystical, land of Joy .... and also the Philippines :D

t

Bridget
16th November 2007, 02:28
hehe

thank u ate bridge -- our resident entry officer for the clearance to enter your wonderful, mystical, land of Joy .... and also the Philippines :D

t

yes and welcome to the Philippines The Pearl of the Orient. I hope you and your princess always in the springtime of love.

Bridget
16th November 2007, 02:34

Cheers..:)

Thats wonderful Kim. Your parents must be very very proud to have a loving daughter like you and Clive the luckiest man to have you as the Queen of his home and his heart. Goodluck to the new chapter of your life, the new lady in Strachur.

bigtombowski
16th November 2007, 02:49
you have a beautiful way with words Ate Bridge :D

Bridget
20th November 2007, 15:33
you have a beautiful way with words Ate Bridge :D

Thanks Tom, but you know I always wanted to write more about different subjects but I worry about my English. I always tell my fiance to teach me and this is his reply " ah you want to learn English and speak proper like what I does". :icon_lol::icon_lol:

bigtombowski
20th November 2007, 16:17
hahahahahaha

i would say your written english is better than most of the english natives here! Like - for example, i didn't even capitalise the "E" in "english" ....
your writing is less lazy and therefore more accurate :D

t

Bridget
20th November 2007, 16:20
hahahahahaha

i would say your written english is better than most of the english natives here! Like - for example, i didn't even capitalise the "E" in "english" ....
your writing is less lazy and therefore more accurate :D

t

bigtombowski
20th November 2007, 16:25
your welcome

(u see, i made another very common error! It should have been "you're")

Bridget
20th November 2007, 16:28
your welcome

(u see, i made another very common error! It should have been "you're")

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: Im having a free English lesson here :icon_lol: ok go on Teacher Tom.:icon_lol::icon_lol:

bigtombowski
20th November 2007, 16:32
hahaha! I don't want to say too much, because most of the time, when typing on a forum like this, we use lazy english anyway, so i don't know what to say hehe!

Bridget
20th November 2007, 16:34
hahaha! I don't want to say too much, because most of the time, when typing on a forum like this, we use lazy english anyway, so i don't know what to say hehe!

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: I got to go to sleep now anyway. See you all tomorrow. Thanks.:icon_lol:

bigtombowski
20th November 2007, 16:37
good night tulog ka na!