PDA

View Full Version : temporary visa?

Philip
17th January 2006, 13:46
I'm planning on visiting my gf for the whole of May this year, so I'll need to apply for a temporary visa...

Is this as simple as their web site makes it out to be or is there more to it than meets the eye, ie like the fiance visa challenges?

" 1. One (1) copy of FA Form 2-A (application form)
2. Passport valid for at least six (6) months beyond the intended period of stay in the Philippines
3. Present proof of financial capability to assure the maintenance of bonafide tourist status during the intended stay in the Philippines (e.g. certificate of bank deposits, if pensioner, proof that applicant receives pension benefits, or employment certificate)
4. In the case of a businessman, letter from sponsoring firm in the Philippines or in the UK stating purpose of visit
5. One (1) photograph signed on the front
6. Other documents that may be required by the Consular Officer"

Would notarized bank statements, pay slips and proof of employment be enough?

walesrob
17th January 2006, 14:04
Tourist visas to Philippines last for 21 days, so you'll need to get an extension to stay longer.

I did this when Elsa and I married in 2004. All I did was to take my passport to the local immigration office, fill out the form you mention, attach a passport size pic (get some done now before you go!) pay some money, then voila, 30 minutes later you can stay for another 4 weeks.

The fees that I paid were:

Visa waiver 500 peso
Application fee 1000 peso
LRF fee 20 peso
Express fee (for same day processing) 500 peso

This may have changed or they may have added some other fee :lol:

But, it is quite simple - if they ask if you have proof of money available for your holiday, just flash your credit card or debit card. They didnt ask me. Don't worry about the bit about other documents required - your only staying for an extra 8 days over and above your original tourist visa.

Philip
17th January 2006, 14:08
I thought we could stay for 21 days and any more we'd need a temporary visa?

"21-DAY NO VISA POLICY
Generally, all aliens are required to secure visa before entering the Philippines. The Philippines, however, has a 21-day no visa policy for bona fide British and Irish tourists who wish to visit the Philippines for not more than 21 days. Those who wish to avail themselves of this privilege should have a passport valid for at least six (6) months beyond the intended period of stay in the Philippines and a plane or ship ticket valid for his onward or return journey to his/her country of origin or to the next country of destination, and a valid visa to that country if a visa is required."

I'd rather have this before leaving the uk!!! No credit or debit cards for me either.

mupsuit
17th January 2006, 14:24
Originally posted by manila bound@Jan 17 2006, 02:08 PM
I thought we could stay for 21 days and any more we'd need a temporary visa?

"21-DAY NO VISA POLICY
Generally, all aliens are required to secure visa before entering the Philippines. The Philippines, however, has a 21-day no visa policy for bona fide British and Irish tourists who wish to visit the Philippines for not more than 21 days. Those who wish to avail themselves of this privilege should have a passport valid for at least six (6) months beyond the intended period of stay in the Philippines and a plane or ship ticket valid for his onward or return journey to his/her country of origin or to the next country of destination, and a valid visa to that country if a visa is required."
I'd rather have this before leaving the uk!!! No credit or debit cards for me either.

Quoted post

With a British Passport; On arrival at Manila you will get a stamp in your passport which allows you to stay 21 days ......... this is free of charge

as you wish to stay a month you have the option of applying to the PI Embassy in London

or

seeking an extention while in PI - If you are visiting Manila then the process can be done in one day - and it is quite straightforward

You have to pay for both options

I have done both - I thnk doing it in Manila was easier

walesrob
17th January 2006, 14:31
Originally posted by mupsuit@Jan 17 2006, 01:24 PM
With a British Passport; On arrival at Manila you will get a stamp in your passport which allows you to stay 21 days ......... this is free of charge

as you wish to stay a month you have the option of applying to the PI Embassy in London

or

seeking an extention while in PI - If you are visiting Manila then the process can be done in one day - and it is quite straightforward

You have to pay for both options

I have done both - I thnk doing it in Manila was easier

Quoted post

There are also Immigration offices in most regional main towns or cities - I got mine from the office in Tacloban. Saves the hassle of flying to Manila.

Sorry to confuse you about the 21 day thing. Mupsuit has cleared that up.

Eljohno
17th January 2006, 14:39
Originally posted by manila bound@Jan 17 2006, 12:46 PM
I'm planning on visiting my gf for the whole of May this year, so I'll need to apply for a temporary visa...

Is this as simple as their web site makes it out to be or is there more to it than meets the eye, ie like the fiance visa challenges?

" 1. One (1) copy of FA Form 2-A (application form)
2. Passport valid for at least six (6) months beyond the intended period of stay in the Philippines
3. Present proof of financial capability to assure the maintenance of bonafide tourist status during the intended stay in the Philippines (e.g. certificate of bank deposits, if pensioner, proof that applicant receives pension benefits, or employment certificate)
4. In the case of a businessman, letter from sponsoring firm in the Philippines or in the UK stating purpose of visit
5. One (1) photograph signed on the front
6. Other documents that may be required by the Consular Officer"

Would notarized bank statements, pay slips and proof of employment be enough?

Quoted post

Hi,
what the guys are saying is right that you can stay up to 21 days when you arrive in the Philippines but then after that you will need a visa.

I have been to the Philippines on 2 occasions and both times was for around 7 weeks.

I am not sure if there is a different way in doing it but what i know is that when it is getting near the 21 days you apply for an extension on your visa that will take your 21 days up to i think 59 days at a cost of about £20-25, then when the 59 days is up i think you get it extended for another 2 months for about £30-35 and then every 2 months after that you keep getting it renewed until the 1 year is up.

If you want to stay longer than one year i am pretty sure you have to leave the country even for 1 day then come back and start again.

Hope this helps,
John :lol: