PDA

View Full Version : Which is the best balikbayan box?

Enah Lyn
2nd December 2014, 16:35
Hello everyone, this is my first time here and I really need help as to which balikbayan box to use. They are not easy to access - especially if you are in a place where they'd don't collect or pick up the box. I live in Hook and I find it very difficult to obtain one. Is there any bench that does this around my area?

Thanks a lot. I need it urgently - this week. Thanks again.
Enah

Steve.r
2nd December 2014, 16:47
LBC are the best and a rep is in Bournemouth so close too

Dedworth
2nd December 2014, 16:50
Hello everyone, this is my first time here and I really need help to which balikbayan box to use. They are not easy to access especially if you are in a place where they'd don't collect or pick up the box. I live in Hook and I find it very difficult to find one. Is there any bench that do around my area? Thanks a lot. I need it urgently this week. Thanks again.
Enah

My wife swears by Forex - they drop and collect Hook Tuesdays & Saturdays http://www.forexcargouk.com/ phone 0208-813-7064

Arthur Little
2nd December 2014, 17:28
My wife swears ...

... Oh, :cwm24: ... wonder WHY?

Dedworth
2nd December 2014, 17:37
... Oh, :cwm24: ... wonder WHY?

:icon_lol:

raynaputi
2nd December 2014, 19:20
LBC are the best and a rep is in Bournemouth so close too

LBC :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
3rd December 2014, 00:46
Hi Enah Lyn, welcome aboard Filipino UK :welcomex:

I use LBC :xxgrinning--00xx3:
This year we have sent almost 20 boxes with them and never had the slightest issue.

LBC will accept custom built boxes too for some extra flexibility if oversized items need to be shipped.

I've also used Forex some years ago.

I'd always suggest going with a reputable and experienced organisation.

Happy packing :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
3rd December 2014, 07:19
Recently used LBC for the first time, what is the average delivery time from collection please? :Erm:

Steve.r
3rd December 2014, 11:13
4 to 5 weeks Michael depending on when they get your box to the ship and the route it takes.

Terpe
3rd December 2014, 11:25
4 to 5 weeks Michael depending on when they get your box to the ship and the route it takes.

That's about right for most of our boxes.
We then add another couple of weeks for transportation to their Davao Hub and onwards.

Too late for Christmas deliveries now though.

Michael Parnham
3rd December 2014, 12:42

Thank you so much, should arrive very soon also I'll allow a little longer because it's en route to Siquijor! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Steve.r
3rd December 2014, 13:04
Sorry, should have said, that's the time from UK to Manila. We live about 4 hours north east of Manila so it arrives quite fast once it lands.

imagine
4th December 2014, 12:41
LBC, I used them for 3 large boxes a year ago and all arrived without a dent or scratch,

There was no LBC where I lived in UK, but they had an agent who they requested to contact me,

All in all I was very pleased

bigmarco
4th December 2014, 13:53
We always use LBC and to date have had no problems.
As others have said stick to the reputable companies as there are some horror stories where people have tried to save themselves a small amount of money by using what turned out to be cowboys.

Michael Parnham
7th January 2015, 09:41
Just called LBC on this number 02031102522 to try and track our box that was collected 21/10/2014 for delivery to Siquijor. The reason for calling was because the tracking number won't register on the LBC website and to my surprise the number went through to their office in Philippines and a very nice young lady tried to help me with tracking our box, the outcome was, our box does not come up on their system no record of it at all and she told me to call the UK office and I told her that I had just called the UK number and she was the one who received the call, I then asked for the contact number and she said that they have no contact number in the UK. Has anyone any idea what is the next step I should take please? I must speak to someone at LBC uk!:Erm:

Terpe
7th January 2015, 10:36
Michael,
Here's a different number to try:-
020 8896 9225

I think there's also an 0800 number but I can't lay my hands on right now.

Do you have the contact details of the driver ?
Many of them are self-employed contractors although some are regular employees.
The driver will be able to give you direct info

Do you still have the blue customer/sender copy of the packing list ?
There's a CNTRL No at the bottom LH corner.

Hope it all works out fine. Should do with a large organisation like LBC

I've been trying to track my final box sent November 3rd and the web site hasn't been updated since December 28 :Erm:

Terpe
7th January 2015, 10:37
Michael, have you tried to track boxes with tracking numbers both before and after yours just to see what happens?

Terpe
7th January 2015, 11:20
Michael,
020 8896 9225

I've been trying to track my final box sent November 3rd and the web site hasn't been updated since December 28 :Erm:

Michael here's a couple more numbers to try:-

Terpe
7th January 2015, 11:22
I think there's also an 0800 number but I can't lay my hands on right now....

If anyone out there has an LBC box at home there should be an 0800 number printed on the side of the box .....please

Michael Parnham
7th January 2015, 11:25
Michael,
020 8896 9225

Thanks everyone, guess what? the box has just this minute arrived, what a coincidence, Maritess sister just text us five minutes ago, they are so excited and I'm relieved. Thanks to Rayna for her help in the beginning!:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
7th January 2015, 11:26
http://lifebeyondthesea.com/wp-content/uploads/online-shipping-in-philippines.jpg

0800 338 5424

Worth a try :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
7th January 2015, 11:40
That's great news Michael :Jump:

Wish mine would arrive very soon :bigcry:

Abigail
7th January 2015, 11:51
We had our first box collected by LBC on December 20th and I tried to track it on the web site last night but it said the number is not yet registered. I'm guessing because of Christmas etc it hasn't actually gone anywhere yet but it does make me a little nervous. It is comforting to see yours arrived Michael, glad it got there safe :xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
7th January 2015, 15:03
I advice that those who want an update about their boxes to just send message to LBC's Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/LBCexpress Their online tracking in their website hasn't been working for years and people just usually ask their customer reps thru Facebook. In my experience, they reply quite quick. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
7th January 2015, 16:42
I wonder if the OP ever sent her box -............. not a hint of thanks :cwm25:

Terpe
8th January 2015, 00:16
I wonder if the OP ever sent her box -............. not a hint of thanks :cwm25:

Happens all the time.

Dedworth
8th January 2015, 00:50
Happens all the time.

Very poor form :cwm25:

Steve.r
8th January 2015, 02:03
Ever heard of 'eat and run' Ded? :mad:

Abigail
8th January 2015, 11:31
Thanks Rayna, I did that yesterday and worryingly they cant track it either! :yikes:

I will get my hubby to call the guy that collected it from us and see what is going on.

tiger31
8th January 2015, 12:40
do you pay on collection of box ? I have just asked forex to drop me a jumbo box off to me and they said it will be delivered to me on saturday .

Michael Parnham
8th January 2015, 12:51
do you pay on collection of box ? I have just asked forex to drop me a jumbo box off to me and they said it will be delivered to me on saturday .

Yes Brian, you normally pay on collection. Btw, whilst you are in UK check at your local surgery if you are ready to top up your injections for Philippines!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiger31
8th January 2015, 13:05
Yes Brian, you normally pay on collection. Btw, whilst you are in UK check at your local surgery if you are ready to top up your injections for Philippines!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

will do ive started the partner visa process too :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

timi
17th January 2015, 13:48
I sent 2 boxes LBC on November1 , to Zambales. One arrived Jan 12, the other still to arrive. Sent 2 boxes Tagalog Balikbayan, really helpful people. Sent Oct 13, arrived on Jan 11

Beware LBC when you call them 2 staff on one number claimed no outside London 0203 110 2522 was helpful. On this number 020889 69225 the girl claimed NO outside London pickup , which was somewhat untrue. She said I had to go to London from Suffolk. Hmmm, anyway seems both companies ok and in Phil LBC at Olongapo very helpful