PDA

View Full Version : Back in good ol' Blighty

tiger31
1st December 2014, 13:34
Well I,m back - breathing in nice cold air for a change lol. Jetlag was a killer for me this time - for some reason, I couldn,t sleep a wink on the plane - but enjoyed the BIG beast A380 and Singapore Airlines were excellent, no complaints.

First meal I had on return was good ol fish 'n' chips :icon_lol:

Dedworth
1st December 2014, 13:42
I bet that tasted good Tiger :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lordna
1st December 2014, 13:52
Welcome back!

imagine
1st December 2014, 14:08
Well I,m back - breathing in nice cold air for a change lol. Jetlag was a killer for me this time - for some reason, I couldn,t sleep a wink on the plane - but enjoyed the BIG beast A380 and Singapore Airlines were excellent, no complaints.

First meal I had on return was good ol fish n chips lol :smile:

Ohhhh I miss fish 'n' chips :cwm25:

Keep warm :xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
1st December 2014, 14:19
Ohhhh I miss fish n chips :cwm25:

Why??
Our Aussie neighbour made me one of the best fish 'n' chips I have ever had just last week with white marlin steaks..

If you can find this type of Parrot fish (below) at your wet market and have it filleted you will be amazed at how good it is deep fried in beer batter ... better than cod IMO!

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRG3Lqc6z-Bakr6cDBEFILKq9Pp2jhObqNBQzL3X5GByAkmLRg5

Michael Parnham
1st December 2014, 14:22

Pleased you've arrived safely Brian. UK is best place in the world :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
1st December 2014, 14:23

Good to hear you arrived safely.. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
1st December 2014, 14:25
Why??
Our Aussie neighbour made me one of the best fish n chips I have ever had just last week with white marlin steaks..

If you can find this type of Parrot fish (below) at your wet market and have it filleted you will be amazed at how good it is deep fried in beer batter ... better than cod IMO!

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRG3Lqc6z-Bakr6cDBEFILKq9Pp2jhObqNBQzL3X5GByAkmLRg5

Will get that checked out :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
1st December 2014, 14:44
Why??
Our Aussie neighbour made me one of the best fish n chips I have ever had just last week with white marlin steaks..

If you can find this type of Parrot fish (below) at your wet market and have it filleted you will be amazed at how good it is deep fried in beer batter...
Better than cod IMO!

Don't think I could eat a pretty, coloured fish! :NoNo:

Terpe
1st December 2014, 14:47
Why??

I'll try and catch one next week on my birthday fishing holiday and give an opinon :Jump:

:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Terpe
1st December 2014, 14:54

First meal I had on return was good ol fish n chips :icon_lol:

Welcome back Brian :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Glad to learn you're enjoying some colder air :icon_lol::icon_lol:

I'm here now in Davao enjoying some warmth in my bones and enjoying Halo Halo :biggrin:

Really hope all goes well and you achieve everything you want.

mickcant
1st December 2014, 17:16
Why??
Our Aussie neighbour made me one of the best fish 'n' chips I have ever had just last week with white marlin steaks..

If you can find this type of Parrot fish (below) at your wet market and have it filleted, you will be amazed at how good it is deep fried in beer batter ... better than cod IMO!

I am a Haddock man myself :hubbahubba:
Mick. :smile:

mickcant
1st December 2014, 17:18

First meal I had on return was good ol fish n chips lol :smile:

Welcome back Brian. You are just in time for the cold spell they are on about :doh

Mick. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
1st December 2014, 18:23
Likewise Mick - haddock for me

tiger31
1st December 2014, 19:40
Why??

If you can find this type of Parrot fish (below) at your wet market and have it filleted you will be amazed at how good it is deep fried in beer batter...
Better than cod IMO!

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiger31
1st December 2014, 19:43
:biggrin: Cheers boys and girls, its nice to be back for a while and catch up with friends and family. Hopefully next year, I can also bring the good lady (boss) back

stevewool
1st December 2014, 20:33
Glad you arrived here safely Brian

Arthur Little
2nd December 2014, 00:13
First meal I had on return was good ol' fish 'n' chips :icon_lol:

:welcomex: "home" safely, Brian. Yes, :iagree: ... there's nowt can beat the good ol' British delicacies like beer~battered fish 'n' chips!!! :biggrin:

Rosie1958
2nd December 2014, 00:15
Welcome back Brian !! :Hellooo: I hope you enjoy your time back in UK and are able to complete the work on your house too :xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiger31
2nd December 2014, 00:53
Welcome back Brian !! :Hellooo: I hope you enjoy your time back in UK and are able to complete the work on your house too :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thankyou - coz I need to get back to my good lady asap :smile:

grahamw48
2nd December 2014, 05:12
Welcome back Brian. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

...Heading for the airport myself in a few hours. :bigcry:

tiger31
2nd December 2014, 13:19
Welcome back Brian. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

...Heading for the airport myself in a few hours. :bigcry:

Yeah it,s not good leaving your loved one behind

cheekee
2nd December 2014, 17:46
Welcome back to the UK mate.

Got back this morning. My Singapore airlines A380 had a brake problem so we went back to the gate from the runway and then had to get off for about two hours. Lovely plane and airline but I still have a problem with legroom. Just the same amount as the 777-300ER that cathay uses.

Feeling jet-lagged now. Its always worse coming back to the UK.

Arthur Little
2nd December 2014, 18:14
Got back this morning.

So soon after the wedding too? :Erm: ... and there's me thinking you'd be on honeymoon!

:welcomex: home, as well. :smile:

My Singapore airlines A380 had a brake problem so we went back to the gate from the runway and then had to get off for about two hours. Lovely plane and airline but I still have a problem with legroom. Just the same amount as the 777-300ER that Cathay uses.

Pity about that ... :anerikke: ... typical though when you were already feeling "hacked-off" at the thought of the lo~ng flight home ... :icon_rolleyes:

Yeah, you will be ... it is and being a tall bloke myself, I can very much empathise with the legroom business. Still, you arrived safely - which is the main thing - and now you can relax and unwind after
all the excitement. :wink:

tiger31
2nd December 2014, 23:21
Welcome back to the UK mate.

Got back this morning. My Singapore airlines A380 had a brake problem so we went back to the gate from the runway and then had to get off for about two hours. Lovely plane and airline but I still have a problem with legroom. Just the same amount as the 777-300ER that cathay uses.

Yep, true, it was 2 full days before I got my senses back lol - just plain knackered - I can,t sleep on a plane

grahamw48
3rd December 2014, 17:01
Walked in my door about an hour ago. :Cuckoo:

Actually, legroom on my Emirates A380 was better than the 777 300ER I'd started out the journey on...and loads of empty seats. Each airline can specify their own seat spacing of course. :smile:

andy222
3rd December 2014, 17:58
Yep, true, it was 2 full days before I got my senses back lol - just plain knackered - I can,t sleep on a plane
You have only come back to take some more money from Les. :icon_lol:

tiger31
3rd December 2014, 22:48
You have only come back to take some more money from Les. :icon_lol:

Lol