PDA

View Full Version : Part of A1 shut after 'explosion' near Catterick army base in Yorkshire

Dedworth
29th November 2014, 14:47
An unexplained "explosion" near the Army’s largest training base has closed part of the A1 in Yorkshire.

The motorway is shut in the area around Catterick Garrison, near Catterick village and Ripon.

There were no reports of any injuries and police said the closure was a "precautionary measure" while investigations are carried out.

The alarm was reportedly raised by just one caller and police are searching an area outside of the barracks, adjacent to the motorway.

A spokesperson for North Yorkshire Police did not say where the explosion was or what caused it, only that it was heard in the area at 3am.

"At this stage, it cannot be ruled out that it has occurred within the boundary of the barracks," he added.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/part-of-a1-shut-after-explosion-near-catterick-army-base-in-yorkshire-9892427.html

Let's hope it's an own goal for extremists

les_taxi
29th November 2014, 22:02
Been there many times, only time I have had to give way to a tank at a roundabout :yikes:

I have a funny tale about going there involving a lady if anyone wishes to hear it :icon_lol:

stevewool
2nd December 2014, 22:23
i was stuck in it