PDA

View Full Version : What documents or requirements?

elno
28th November 2014, 03:56
Good day. I have a fiancée who is presently residing in Austria for 10 years but she is not yet a citizen. We want to get married here in the Philippines next year. After the wedding, she has plans to get me to live in Austria. What are the documents or requirements we need? How long or years para madala nya ako sa Austria.

I miss her so much. Please give me specific information.

Thanks a lot. God bless.

Steve.r
28th November 2014, 04:36
Firstly find out her legal status in Austria, sounds like if she is not a citizen yet maybe she is an over-stayer or illegal now.

Terpe
28th November 2014, 05:00
Hi Elno welcome aboard Filipino UK :welcomex:

Concerning your question, based solely on the information shared, your Fiancee needs to secure Austrian naturalisation to enable your settlement there as husband.

It is normally possible to apply for Austrian citizenship by naturalization after 10 years of continuous residence in Austria. However, do be aware that Austria has some restictive rules on dual citizenship so it would require some research to find best option.
Austria does have a number of options so it's best to do some research based on your and your Fiancee's own personal circumstances.

Of course it may be possible for you to secure a visit visa, although I understand this is not what you specifically require.

Good luck

elno
28th November 2014, 06:18
Thanks Terpe for your advice :smile:

elno
28th November 2014, 06:34
Steve ... she's residence in Austria and not an over-stayer.
To become a citizen in Austria normally 10 years is the minimum.

If you have no good comments don't suggest a negative comment.

elno
28th November 2014, 06:35
Thank you very much Terpe. Many thanks

Steve.r
28th November 2014, 07:09
presently residing in Austria for 10 years but she is not yet a citizen..

Steve ... she's residence in Austria

If you have no good comments don't suggest a negative comment.

Your very vague statements on her residence status led me to the question I asked. If you are so sensitive about answering simple questions then time to get thicker skin as I think you are in for a long trip with a rocky road to achieve your goal.

I will of course make any comments I feel necessary and if they hurt your feelings then harden up a little please. :doh