PDA

View Full Version : Big Brother

Admin
17th January 2006, 09:47
Does anyone watch this complete and utter crap? Or like soaps, is it just for people who don't have a real life?

As for Galloway, why the hell is he still getting paid from the goverment for doing this without their permission? He's always had a screw loose, and my guess is he'll never be voted in again, the people I know in his constituency will be voting on mass against him next time.

As for Barrymore, I suppose anything that keeps him away from the pool is good! :cwm24:

...and last....and least....that Sven slapper..... :Hellooo:

mupsuit
17th January 2006, 11:26
Originally posted by admin@Jan 17 2006, 09:47 AM
Does anyone watch this complete and utter crap? Or like soaps, is it just for people who don't have a real life?

This sums it up very well - for people who don't have a life!!!

We can excuse the old and infirm who have vicarious pleasure from watching the soaps but sadly the viewing audience is not restricted to this group. Of which the most depressing aspect is that they have the vote.............

Sadly NOTHING can be done to remedy the situation - Did the "soaps" wash the Great out of Britain?

Happily we (forum members) have our own remedy - we are all off to PI to enjoy ourselves (watching UK soaps on Cable TV) backed by our sterling denominated pension plans !!

Actualy we won't have cable TV but TVIP as the technology will have matured by the time we retire.

Buy your lot in PI as soon as you can and plan your retirement NOW

Can I still be a forum member when this happens for me or will jealousy drive me out?

Imagine - Petrol at 40p per liter when the UK pays 100p
Beer at 25p a bottle 100p

A life without a raincoat - gloves - heating bills

anything else I have left out ??

Sorry I have to go and study the airline timetables .............

deepete
17th January 2006, 12:04
Soaps are watched around the world, last time in P.I. they were glued to the tv watching a soap import from Brazil.

How about there films, boy ( or fat old film star) does good, wins girl, loses girl, beats bad villains, wins girl back... or girl gets to be little star, loses loved one, beats bad men, gets to be big star.

Its a pleasure to see my wife watch a filipino comedy film, laughs herself silly.

Did you see what George Galloway did to Barrymore when he was crying the other night?

walesrob
17th January 2006, 12:07
Originally posted by mupsuit@Jan 17 2006, 10:26 AM

Sorry I have to go and study the airline timetables .............

Quoted post

I had the monthly email from Cathay Pacific yesterday, and they have an offer London to Hong Kong return only £298 book before February 28th!! Looks very tempting...

walesrob
17th January 2006, 12:10
Originally posted by deepete@Jan 17 2006, 11:04 AM

Did you see what George Galloway did to Barrymore when he was crying the other night?

Quoted post

Hmm, I don't think I wanna know...but I'm sure you will tell us anyway

Pete Burns..omg..clearly the lip "enhancement" went badly wrong, he should sue them :lol: :Erm:

Eljohno
17th January 2006, 14:29
Originally posted by walesrob@Jan 17 2006, 11:07 AM
I had the monthly email from Cathay Pacific yesterday, and they have an offer London to Hong Kong return only £298 book before February 28th!! Looks very tempting...

Quoted post

Hi Rob,
would it be worth my while booking from London to Hong Kong return, then from Hong Kong to Cebu return or would it work out just the same if you were just booking the normal route of London - Cebu.

Does anyone know who is the cheapest website to book a flight to Cebu at the moment?

John :Erm:

walesrob
17th January 2006, 14:42
Originally posted by Eljohno@Jan 17 2006, 01:29 PM
Hi Rob,
would it be worth my while booking from London to Hong Kong return, then from Hong Kong to Cebu return or would it work out just the same if you were just booking the normal route of London - Cebu.

Does anyone know who is the cheapest website to book a flight to Cebu at the moment?

John :Erm:

Quoted post

To be honest, I've never flown to Cebu from UK, so I wouldn't know about the routing options (apart from London- Manila then Manila to Cebu). Maybe someone else would know?

This is what I normally do - I get a return UK to Hong Kong, then I go to my friendly local travel agent in Hong Kong Aero HKG (http://www.aerohkg.com/) and he gets me a Hong Kong to Manila or Cebu for less than £100 return with either Cebu Pacific, PAL or Cathay Pacific. Cebu Pacific are always cheaper.

I just checked now, and Singapore Airlines also fly to Cebu, so theres another option for you.

I get all my flights from Travel4Less part of lastminute.com (http://www.travel4less.com) they always come out cheapest. Expedia as well have some good deals, but you have to shop around. Also try cheapflights.co.uk, they dont actually sell flights, just list best prices on the destination you choose.

mupsuit
17th January 2006, 17:15
If I were going to Cebu I would follow WalesRob suggestion of routing via Hong Kong rather than fly to Manila, collect luggage, clear customs and change terminals

Hong Kong airport is vastly superior to Manila -

The advantages are

Better place to wait between flights
No luggage handling for you
CX flights usually on time !!

Cebu then becomes your entry point in PI - it has fewer flights than Manila so less likely to be busy so you will clear the airport faster

Good luck

Originally posted by walesrob@Jan 17 2006, 02:42 PM
To be honest, I've never flown to Cebu from UK, so I wouldn't know about the routing options (apart from London- Manila then Manila to Cebu). Maybe someone else would know?

This is what I normally do - I get a return UK to Hong Kong, then I go to my friendly local travel agent in Hong Kong Aero HKG (http://www.aerohkg.com/) and he gets me a Hong Kong to Manila or Cebu for less than £100 return with either Cebu Pacific, PAL or Cathay Pacific. Cebu Pacific are always cheaper.

I just checked now, and Singapore Airlines also fly to Cebu, so theres another option for you.

I get all my flights from Travel4Less part of lastminute.com (http://www.travel4less.com) they always come out cheapest. Expedia as well have some good deals, but you have to shop around. Also try cheapflights.co.uk, they dont actually sell flights, just list best prices on the destination you choose.

Quoted post

equaliser
17th January 2006, 20:42
Hi Eljohno

You can fly to Cebu by using Singapore Airlines . They are in agreement with British Midland , so you can book your luggage right through from Belfast to Cebu. That is what I did when I went to Davao. You will have to go to Cebu from Singapore via Davao, but it is only a short stop and no luggage carousels to worry about. The route they take with their flights is Singapore - Davao - Cebu - Singapore so no stop-off on the way back

Go to www.singaporeair.com/saa to check flight times and deals. Your possible flight plan then is

British Midland : Belfast City to Heathrow
Singapore Airlines : Heathrow to Singapore
Silkair : Singapore to Cebu via Davao

then on the way back

Silkair : Cebu to Singapore
Singapore Airlines: Singapore to Heathrow
British Midland : Heathrow to Belfast City

Silkair is a subsidiary of Singapore Airlines. The whole trip won't be the cheapest you find , but you do miss the hassle of Manila. Hope this helps

Brian

Pauldo
18th January 2006, 00:45
Originally posted by admin@Jan 17 2006, 09:47 AM

As for Galloway, why the hell is he still getting paid from the goverment for doing this without their permission? He's always had a screw loose, and my guess is he'll never be voted in again, the people I know in his constituency will be voting on mass against him next time.

As for Barrymore, I suppose anything that keeps him away from the pool is good! :cwm24:

...and last....and least....that Sven slapper..... :Hellooo:

Quoted post

Galloway? Barrymore? Sven? :blink: :blink: :huh: :cwm24:

Hmm, for someone who doesn't watch this drivel you seem to know all the key players :Hellooo: :lol:

I reckon reality tv is for people who, in reality, don&#39;t have a life. They live their life through the fictional performances of others, spend their spare time swapping opinions about a fantasy tv programme, arguing the toss on who will leave/fight//join/die etc :huh: <_< .

Sad barstewards indeed :(

Admin
18th January 2006, 10:06
My gamblers on my other forum bet on anything, hence my knowledge of who is in there.......I don&#39;t watch the damn thing, for a start it has no horses in it....although from what I&#39;ve heard :yikes:

Pauldo
18th January 2006, 10:36
Originally posted by admin@Jan 18 2006, 10:06 AM
My gamblers on my other forum bet on anything, hence my knowledge of who is in there.......I don&#39;t watch the damn thing, for a start it has no horses in it....although from what I&#39;ve heard :yikes:

Quoted post

My wife was just watching the Big Brother Shout Out, or whatever it is called. A bunch of &#39;somebodies&#39; (nobodies??) all gathered around argueing over what the people in the show are doing, or were doing. or what they might be doing next.

Hmmm, a show that is a about a show that is about a fictional bunch of clowns in a false and unnatural environment pretending to be reality????? :huh: :cwm24: :mellow:

The first person who tried to explain Big Brother to me sounded a little confused: A bunch of people locked in a big room for several months.

What, like prisons all over the world? So, why not have it set in some third world jail, with REAL convicts for the stars? Brasil would be a good start, or Thailand. Now THAT would be reality tv :D :lol: :yikes: Remember, you read it here first folks ^_^

Eljohno
18th January 2006, 10:46
Originally posted by equaliser@Jan 17 2006, 07:42 PM
Hi Eljohno

You can fly to Cebu by using Singapore Airlines . They are in agreement with British Midland , so you can book your luggage right through from Belfast to Cebu. That is what I did when I went to Davao. You will have to go to Cebu from Singapore via Davao, but it is only a short stop and no luggage carousels to worry about. The route they take with their flights is Singapore - Davao - Cebu - Singapore so no stop-off on the way back

Go to www.singaporeair.com/saa to check flight times and deals. Your possible flight plan then is

British Midland : Belfast City to Heathrow
Singapore Airlines : Heathrow to Singapore
Silkair : Singapore to Cebu via Davao

then on the way back

Silkair : Cebu to Singapore

Singapore Airlines: Singapore to Heathrow
British Midland : Heathrow to Belfast City

Silkair is a subsidiary of Singapore Airlines. The whole trip won&#39;t be the cheapest you find , but you do miss the hassle of Manila. Hope this helps

Brian

Quoted post

Thanks Brian,
the 2 times i have been so far have been with Singapore Airlines and they have been great..

I used a good website that you should check out called www.dialaphone.co.uk and so far for leaving around the 4th April it has been around £490 which i guess is quite a good price.

Sorry guys for getting away from the main topic of "Big Brother"

I guess i am one of the ones who cannot see the appeal for programs like Big Brother or any soaps.

John

deepete
18th January 2006, 13:22
Well this saddo, who doesnt have a life, is thick as 2 short planks and gives short shrift to religious charity workers will be watching events on BB unfold tonight.

Unless there`s football or rugby on of course.

Its only a short respite from watching how to toss a salad or fry an egg or tart up a house and then buy a property abroad with the profits, in between Corri,eastenders,emerdale and holyoaks.

Cheers

Peter :wub:

Admin
18th January 2006, 19:09
Don&#39;t Man U get beaten tonight? :Hellooo: :icon_lol:

deepete
18th January 2006, 20:10
Would love to see it,or the lions beat the toffee`s, even though my Dad was a scouser

Admin
18th January 2006, 21:00
OY&#33;&#33;&#33; :Hellooo: I&#39;m a scouser...I&#39;m watching your car.... ;)