PDA

View Full Version : Birth Cert

Shamrockdave2003
17th January 2006, 07:35
Hi guys,

I am new to this forum and was looking for some advice and help.

Basically my gf who i have known for 3 years now, well she a problem with her birth cert.

Ok let me put you in the picture we have a baby girl who is one and i have just returend from philly having spent xmas and new year with them.

However i am really frustrated on how i am going to bring them over to the uk tolive with me, my gf birth cert has a different name on it - it says baby girl!!
So i believe she must get this changed then apply for a passport then a visa, this could take some time???

I do want to marry her in the philly but im wondering should i get marreid before applying for a visa oh i dont knwow.................any adivce on visas changing birth certs would be appreciated.

Or even better a way of working and living out there.

Regards

SD

mupsuit
17th January 2006, 11:07
Welcome to the forum

From the information you give, the nature of he problem it is not entirely clear... but be assured that the forum members will do all they can to give you good advice so that you can bring your girl and baby to the UK

You are correct that she must sort out the details of her birth certificate BEFORE you start any application at the British Embassy

At the Embassy she will need to show a NSO birth certificate. The Embassy do not recognise the birth certificate issued by "City Hall"

For the baby you can only apply for a British Passport at the Manila Embassy if you are married to the mother.

One of the requirements will be that your name is on the baby's birth certificate
and that you were free to marry at the time the baby was born ( ie not awaiting divorce)

So you can see that your situation is quite complex in terms of options and legal requirements

I suggest that you study the Embassy web site - download the visa forms and review the requirements to see which approach would be best for you and your girl

Once you have done this you can come back to the forum with specific questions that relate to your circumstances

and a final note to encourage you - my wife and our daughter are here in the UK - all in all the process took about 12 weeks including six weeks visa application at the Embassy

Good Luck

Originally posted by Shamrockdave2003@Jan 17 2006, 07:35 AM
Hi guys,

Basically my gf who i have known for 3 years now, well she a problem with her birth cert.

Ok let me put you in the picture we have a baby girl who is one and i have just returend from philly having spent xmas and new year with them.

However i am really frustrated on how i am going to bring them over to the uk tolive with me, my gf birth cert has a different name on it - it says baby girl!!
So i believe she must get this changed then apply for a passport then a visa, this could take some time???

I do want to marry her in the philly but im wondering should i get marreid before applying for a visa oh i dont knwow.................any adivce on visas changing birth certs would be appreciated.

Regards

SD

Quoted post

walesrob
17th January 2006, 11:59
Elsa had a similiar-ish problem when we came to apply for her spouse visa - her birth certificate showed her fathers name spelt wrong, her middle name something completly different, and worst of all, it had not been signed or validated. So you can imagine how this will cause problems when it came to applying the visa - the ECO will take one look at the certificate and say, "it doesn't add up".

What Elsa had to do, was to petition for amendments to be added to the certificate, showing the corrections. Now, I don't wanna scare you at this point, but it took Elsa the best part of 9 months to get this done, as you can imagine she had to go to this office and that office in Tacloban, then to this office and that office in Cebu, but then, no she was told she had to go to this office in Manila AAARRRRGHHHHHHHHHH :angry:

I dunno, maybe Pete can add his 2 pence worth. I know the Embassy are very hot on correct paperwork being in order, and you may or may not be okay showing the existing birth certificate, and hoping they'll overlook it. But speaking from personal experience, I would get the amendments done, it may save a lot of hassle later.

Elsa and I did get married before the birth certificate was changed.

Post back if you need further info about getting amendments done for the birth certificate.

Shamrockdave2003
17th January 2006, 20:51
Originally posted by walesrob@Jan 17 2006, 10:59 AM
Elsa had a similiar-ish problem when we came to apply for her spouse visa - her birth certificate showed her fathers name spelt wrong, her middle name something completly different, and worst of all, it had not been signed or validated. So you can imagine how this will cause problems when it came to applying the visa - the ECO will take one look at the certificate and say, "it doesn't add up".

What Elsa had to do, was to petition for amendments to be added to the certificate, showing the corrections. Now, I don't wanna scare you at this point, but it took Elsa the best part of 9 months to get this done, as you can imagine she had to go to this office and that office in Tacloban, then to this office and that office in Cebu, but then, no she was told she had to go to this office in Manila AAARRRRGHHHHHHHHHH :angry:

I dunno, maybe Pete can add his 2 pence worth. I know the Embassy are very hot on correct paperwork being in order, and you may or may not be okay showing the existing birth certificate, and hoping they'll overlook it. But speaking from personal experience, I would get the amendments done, it may save a lot of hassle later.

Elsa and I did get married before the birth certificate was changed.

Post back if you need further info about getting amendments done for the birth certificate.

Quoted post

Guys thanks for the all the responses will come back when and if.

Lookinf forward to be ing part of this forum - the other forums are very americanises and its nice to have British outlook on it

Regards

SD

Pauldo
18th January 2006, 00:29
Originally posted by Shamrockdave2003@Jan 17 2006, 07:35 AM
Hi guys,

Regards

SD

Quoted post

You mean it says 'baby girl' where the name is supposed to be? :yikes:

Hmm, says a lot for the literacy of the clowns who fill in such paperwork :bigcry:

A good friend of mine had similar problems getting his wife to the USA: She never had a birth certificate. Her parents had never married, but were still together, and they had to go and get wed before the local a$$hole in charge would issue a correct birth certificate copy for the girl.

Honestly, they make the rules up as they go along in the Philippines! :Doh:

Admin
18th January 2006, 10:09
Originally posted by Shamrockdave2003@Jan 17 2006, 07:51 PM
.............Lookinf forward to be ing part of this forum - the other forums are very americanises and its nice to have British outlook on it.............

Quoted post

Use the elevator on the way out and watch out for freindly fire :cwm24:

Shamrockdave2003
4th May 2006, 10:44
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(admin &#064; Jan 18 2006, 10&#58;09 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Use the elevator on the way out and watch out for freindly fire style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cwm24.gif
[/b][/quote]

Hi guys,

I have an update on this.

I&#39;m a long way off applying for a visa - this is gonna be a long road methinks. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif

I have finnally got my Mrs to get off her ass and try and sort out her paper-work (she does have 3 kids to look after) anyway as you can see from earlier in this post basically my girl has a birth cert that says BABY GIRL&#33;&#33;&#33; and not her name.
So she went to Manila yesterday to investigate how this can be fixed "City Hall" told her to go and see a laywer who said that she will need to pay 80,000 pesoes and it can take up to 6 months.

Here situation is different in that it&#39;s not an amendment but rather a new entry - what a nightmare 800 notes plus six months for a birth cert&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yikes.gif

Anybody got any experience of this - do you think the lawyer is taking her for a ride or will i just have to pay up and let her get on with it.

Any ideas ?????

Help me please style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/bigcry.gif

SD

Admin
4th May 2006, 14:43
Tell her to price up different lawyers.....then offer the lowest priced one a bonus if he can speed it up style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

Pauldo
4th May 2006, 15:54
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shamrockdave2003 &#064; May 4 2006, 10&#58;44 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hi guys,

I&#39;m a long way off applying for a visa - this is gonna be a long road methinks. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif

I have finnally got my Mrs to get off her ass and try and sort out her paper-work (she does have 3 kids to look after) anyway as you can see from earlier in this post basically my girl has a birth cert that says BABY GIRL&#33;&#33;&#33; and not her name.
So she went to Manila yesterday to investigate how this can be fixed "City Hall" told her to go and see a laywer who said that she will need to pay 80,000 pesoes and it can take up to 6 months.

Here situation is different in that it&#39;s not an amendment but rather a new entry - what a nightmare 800 notes plus six months for a birth cert&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yikes.gif

Anybody got any experience of this - do you think the lawyer is taking her for a ride or will i just have to pay up and let her get on with it.

Any ideas ?????

SD
[/b][/quote]

She didn&#39;t by perchance mention to the lawyer that she was married to a foreigner and wanted to go to the UK did she?
style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy.gif

That would explain the shafting with the 80,000 pesos. She will need to make enquiries as if she is just a poor girl wanting to to try and go overseas as a maid, which should get her more realistic prices for help.

Really, Filipinos will totally screw each other over if they think there is a buck to be made. Horrible people sometimes. I&#39;m pretty sure she could go to the local town hall, or whatever they have, and get the birth certificate sorted. It is quite a common occurence for illiterate peasants in government office to have ballsed up important documentation years ago.

walesrob
4th May 2006, 16:22
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shamrockdave2003 &#064; May 4 2006, 10&#58;44 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hi guys,

Any ideas ?????

SD
[/b][/quote]

80,000 pesos? style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cwm24.gif

There must be another way - tell the Mrs to ask at the NSO - they are the ones in charge of birth certificates, maybe they will have a better idea of how to get this sorted.

Shamrockdave2003
4th May 2006, 17:51
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(walesrob &#064; May 4 2006, 04&#58;22 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
80,000 pesos? style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cwm24.gif

There must be another way - tell the Mrs to ask at the NSO - they are the ones in charge of birth certificates, maybe they will have a better idea of how to get this sorted.
[/b][/quote]

Cheers guys appreciate your help

She want talk to me at the mo TAMPO style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/BouncyHappy.gif

Want can i do, will have to ride this out she sent me a text saying i will try to sort if i cannot then forget about me as we will have no future style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yikes.gif

She&#39;s the mother of my child and my future wife

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

lefthandseat
6th May 2006, 01:42
I asked my fiancee about this - she is totally at a loss to understand how this could have happened.

She suggests that 1) perhaps the gf was actually named &#39;Baby Girl&#39;

2) she may not have been properly registered, and should go to NSO in Cebu or Tacloban herself, for a late registration, which will NOT require a lawyer - that is probably her best starting point.

3) if she DOES have erroneous entries on the birth cert she may well have to use a lawyer to petition the regional trial court where she was born. It seems that in this case a lawyer may well be needed.

Please feel free to email me directly if you need any more info.

deepete
6th May 2006, 10:13
Why dont you just leave her name as it is, my wife has a friend called baby lou, the country is full of funny names, bingbing, bangbang, dongdong to name just a few.

If you are all coming to the UK it would be easier, and cheaper, to change her name once here.

Peter

Shamrockdave2003
6th May 2006, 10:25
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(deepete &#064; May 6 2006, 10&#58;13 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Why dont you just leave her name as it is, my wife has a friend called baby lou, the country is full of funny names, bingbing, bangbang, dongdong to name just a few.

If you are all coming to the UK it would be easier, and cheaper, to change her name once here.

Peter
[/b][/quote]

Ru serious style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

So u want me to marry someone called baby girl.

Do u think i will be able to get her a settlment visa with that name.

Cmon

No i think she&#39;s gonna need a lawyer.

I fired this post onto a few boards - one of the american laddies told me if its her whole name she will need a lawyer.

Yep its her whole name - she going to try and get a public layer so it wont cost that much.

Guess if she cant get one i will have to cough up

deepete
6th May 2006, 11:04
Just giving you an opinion style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

You know best, good luck, hope you have deep pockets

fred
1st June 2006, 17:27
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(deepete &#064; May 6 2006, 11&#58;04 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Just giving you an opinion style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

You know best, good luck, hope you have deep pockets
[/b][/quote]

Actually,I think Deepete has a point. (even if his profile doesn&#96;t)

If her mother decided to call her "baby girl" then there is no law to say that she can&#96;t right?
Baby is a very common nickname in the R.P so that will not look out of place at all..
I dont see what the problem is.. Once she is in the U.K change her name using deed poll..
Job done.

baboyako
1st June 2006, 23:15
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fred &#064; Jun 1 2006, 05&#58;27 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Actually,I think Deepete has a point. (even if his profile doesn&#96;t)

If her mother decided to call her "baby girl" then there is no law to say that she can&#96;t right?
Baby is a very common nickname in the R.P so that will not look out of place at all..
I dont see what the problem is.. Once she is in the U.K change her name using deed poll..
Job done.
[/b][/quote]

I know admin is likely to lock this thread down if we all start chipping in style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Wave.gif . The issue is that a refused visa will cost 260quid, so if the ECO doesn&#39;t like the "BABY GIRL" you&#39;re not any better off.

asawa.org might have more people who could give advice. A call to the visa people in Croydon might also be useful.

Admin
2nd June 2006, 10:10
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(baboyako &#064; Jun 1 2006, 11&#58;15 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I know admin is likely to lock this thread down if we all start chipping in
[/b][/quote]
style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Erm.gif I &#39;ve only closed one thread this year, so whay you on about?? style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif And that was for legal slander and spam.

fred
3rd June 2006, 07:28
OK this really intrigued me so I asked elsewhere and this is what they said..
Hope it helps you out mate.

Hello

I change my name a few yrs ago and don&#39;t need the assistance of a lawyer. A
new law was enacted a few years ago to help an average citizen to make
corrections to their birth certificate without a lawyer. You still need to pay a
fee and lots of patience. Go to the town/city census office( office where you
apply for a copy of your birth certificate) where you was born and ask for
assistance. Or if you reside away from your birthplace, go to the census office
where you live and apply there. It will take longer because they will forward
the papers where you was born. it&#39;s a long journey, I went straight to the
census office. I live in Baguio and was born in san fernando, La Union. They
gave a list of supporting documents for proof of my current name and start from
there.It&#39;s along process and lots of patience.

...............................................................................................................................

sorry to hear it took you long time, but it sound like you were changing your
name.
If your parents just put boy or girl and hadn&#39;t picked a name yet all you need
is
a statement from them that NSO will add to your birth record. Only takes a few
days
and little money. I have heard of one person that in addition to the letter from
a parent they also were asked for a copy of their baptism, but that was just one
case and was still quick and easy.

......................................................................................................................................

This has been a problem innthe Philippines for a long time now. SO
much so they set up a special method by which people can straighten
out their birth certificates. Read this act..
http://tinyurl.com/m4twn
It amounts to going to the the city clerk office and filling out the
paper work for the correction.. if they do not see the mistake as a
clerical error then she may need to she a judge to have it straighten
out..

The Baby girl and Baby Boy problem is frequent this is due to the fact
that many Filipino families(provincials country folks the plain
simple kind) do not wish to give the child a name till it is one year
old for fear the evil spirits can find it or some such thing if you
call the baby by it true name.

Shamrockdave2003
4th June 2006, 09:55
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fred &#064; Jun 3 2006, 07&#58;28 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
OK this really intrigued me so I asked elsewhere and this is what they said..
Hope it helps you out mate.
Hello

I change my name a few yrs ago and don&#39;t need the assistance of a lawyer. A
new law was enacted a few years ago to help an average citizen to make
corrections to their birth certificate without a lawyer. You still need to pay a
fee and lots of patience. Go to the town/city census office( office where you
apply for a copy of your birth certificate) where you was born and ask for
assistance. Or if you reside away from your birthplace, go to the census office
where you live and apply there. It will take longer because they will forward
the papers where you was born. it&#39;s a long journey, I went straight to the
census office. I live in Baguio and was born in san fernando, La Union. They
gave a list of supporting documents for proof of my current name and start from
there.It&#39;s along process and lots of patience.
...............................................................................................................................

sorry to hear it took you long time, but it sound like you were changing your
name.
If your parents just put boy or girl and hadn&#39;t picked a name yet all you need
is
a statement from them that NSO will add to your birth record. Only takes a few
days
and little money. I have heard of one person that in addition to the letter from
a parent they also were asked for a copy of their baptism, but that was just one
case and was still quick and easy.

......................................................................................................................................
This has been a problem innthe Philippines for a long time now. SO
much so they set up a special method by which people can straighten
out their birth certificates. Read this act..
http://tinyurl.com/m4twn
It amounts to going to the the city clerk office and filling out the
paper work for the correction.. if they do not see the mistake as a
clerical error then she may need to she a judge to have it straighten
out..

The Baby girl and Baby Boy problem is frequent this is due to the fact
that many Filipino families(provincials country folks the plain
simple kind) do not wish to give the child a name till it is one year
old for fear the evil spirits can find it or some such thing if you
call the baby by it true name.
[/b][/quote]

Appreciate your help Fred, but i am already on those Yahoo sites.

It get complicated coz she used her name on our daughters birth cert so she must get the whole name changed so that it will tally otherwise how can i bring both of them over here

Cheers anyway

Shamrockdave2003
5th March 2007, 14:17
Hi Guys,

I've still got this nightmare problem.

Apparently on her birth cert it says Baby girl and then her mothers maiden name, whereas on her baptismal cert it says Marie Fe (the name she uses) and her fathers surname.

If we try to change her birth cert it will take over a year as it has to go via a judge - however the attorney needs confrmation from her dad that this is correct, well guess what he doesn't have any paperwork either.

I just dont know where to turn anymore :Brick: :yikes: :cwm23:

Shamrockdave2003
6th March 2007, 11:15
Does anyone know any good attorneys in Manila, where i can get some more advice?

tiger@tigress
6th March 2007, 13:47
Does anyone know any good attorneys in Manila, where i can get some more advice?

I know one lawyer i can give u his email address if u want to just let me know.

tiger@tigress
6th March 2007, 14:23
Im back i remember a year ago my officemates daugther had the same problem... texted her and she said she had her daughters birth certificate amended from Baby girl to the one she is using... She just went to the City Hall of where the birth took place. ask for the form for ammendment of name bring also the NSO copy with you under the name of "baby girl" fill up the form and file it in the city hall. Soon the ammended brith certificate will be ready in NSO...

Hope this will help u.... :xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ann07
6th March 2007, 19:20
hello i think we are in the same case...but my birth certificate is ok now... no need for me to go for a lawyer..Coz that will cause you a lot of money and time.

I just hope this will help... what i did was first went back to the registrar office where my birth was recorded and they gave me a list on what to do to change the error in my birth...it took me 4 months to get my final copy from the NSO manila.

I spent less than 2000 pesos in all...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

goodluck!

Shamrockdave2003
15th March 2007, 09:53
At last!!!!

We are getting somewhere, my fiance has gone to Pasay where she was born, they told her that she needed an affdavit from her father, stating that her name on her birth cert was incorrect.
She then had an interview with some sort of officials yesterday, who told her that everything was cool and birth cert would be released on the 23rd March :Hellooo:
However, it then has to go to the NSO dont know how long they will take to give us a proper copy, anyone got any ideas:Erm:

Next step will be to apply for a passport - its only taken us 2 years to get to this stage :yikes:

Does anyone know how easy is it to get a phillipino passport and timescales etc

Thanks in advance

DC :xxgrinning--00xx3:

eljean
15th March 2007, 14:10
PASSPORT REQUIREMENTS FOR FIRST TIME APPLICANTS

Birth Certificate (BC) in Security Paper (SECPA) issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO) or Certified True Copy (CTC) and photocopy of BC issued by the Local Civil Registrar duly authenticated by NSO and document indicating fullname, date and place of birth and citizenship (e.g. valid employment's ID, voter's affidavit, NBI clearance and driver's license).
IN CASE OF NO BIRTH RECORD:
If born after 1950:
In case of birth certificates with delayed registration, submit authenticated BC and supporting documents indicating date, place of birth and citizenship.
If born on or before 1950:

Certificate of Non-availability of Birth Record from the NSO.
Joint Birth Affidavit signed and executed by two (2) disinterested persons.
Baptismal Certificate or Certified True Copy of Voter's Affidavit from COMELEC or any public document indicating date and place of birth and citizenship.
Three (3) copies 4.5 cm x 3.5 cm new photo (colored with plain white background). Photo should show applicant in decent attire with collar.
Personal appearance except when the applicant is:
8 years old and below;
65 years old and above; or
mentally or physically incapacitated

ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
A. For married women who chose to adopt surname of husband
Marriage Contract (MC) in Security Paper issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO) or CTC issued by the Local Civil Registrar duly authenticated by NSO.
For married women opting to use maiden name, submit MC & affidavit indicating that she has not use her Married name.
B. For women who obtained an annulment or were divorced by foreign husband
Authenticated copy and photocopy of the first page and the dispositive portion of the judgment granting divorce or annulment.
Certified true copy and photocopy of the first page and the dispositive portion of the judgment granting divorce or annulment, authenticated by the Philippine Embassy/Consulate when the divorce was obtained.
Annotated Marriage Contract (MC) in Security Paper (SECPA)
C. For fiancees and spouses of foreign nationals
Original and photocopy of Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO) Guidance and Counseling Certificate of Attendance.
D. For minors (below 18 years old)
Personal appearance of either parent.
if minor is not travelling with either parent, submit an original and photocopy of DSWD Clearance and Affidavit of Support and Consent indicating the name of the travelling companion and relationship to the minor.
If both parents are abroad, such an affidavit must be authenticated by the nearest Philippine Embassy or Consulate General.
If both parents are abroad, person applying in behalf of the minor must submit Special Power of Attorney authenticated by the nearest Philippine Embassy or Consulate General.
Passport and photocopy of the passport of person travelling with the minor.
(If minor is 8 years old and below and travelling unaccompanied by mother, mother's consent is required)

E. For adopted children
Authenticated copy and photocopy of the dispositive portion of the Court Order on adoption.
Authenticated copy of original and amended Birth Certificate.
DSWD Travel Clearance
F. For illegitimate children born after August 13, 1988:
Personal appearance and written consent of mother
DSWD Clearance if minor is travelling with Father/other persons.
G. For Legitimated Children due to subsequent marriage of parents

Authenticate BC with annotation of the amended surname of the child and MC of parents.
H. For Muslim applicants
For those whose births were registered, follow requirements for new applicants.
For those whose births were not registered.
Certified True Copy of Late Registered Birth Certificate from the National Statistics Office.
Original and photocopy of Voter's Affidavit or NBI Clearance or other supporting documents indicating date and place of birth and citizenship.
Certificate from the Office on Muslim Affairs for Muslim convert
Fro Muslim converts, submit annotated BC in Security Paper (SECPA)
Court Order to change name.
Shari'ah Court Order.
Additional supporting documents may be required when necessary.
REQUIREMENTS FOR RENEWAL OF PASSPORT

A. Personal appearance of the applicant shall not be required and the application may be filed by:

1.) Any agency duly accredited with the Department
2.) Member of immediate family of the applicant authorized in writing by the latter ( applicant's spouse, brother/sister, parent/children, legal guardian/guardian having custody of the child.
B. Three (3) copies 4.5 cm x 3.5 cm new photos (colored with plain white background). Photo should show applicants in decent attire with collar.
C. In passport being renewed is brown or issued prior to 01 May 1995,

1.) Old passport and photocopy of passport pages 1,2,3 (amendment). The pages showing latest Bureau of Immigration departure and arrival stamps. (Shall not be required if applicant is applying in person.)
2.) Supporting documents with complete middle name

D. In case passport being renewed is green or issued after 01 May 1995:
1.) Present old passport and photocopy of passport pages 1,2,3 (amendment) inside and back cover. The pages showing latest Bureau of Immigration departure and arrival stamps. (Shall not be required if applicant is applying in person.)
E. For married women who chose to adopt surname of husband in her new passport, Marriage Contract in Security Paper issued by the National Statistics Office or Certified True Copy and photocopy of MC issued by NSO.
F. For minors (below 18 years old)

Personal appearance of either parent.
if minor is not travelling with either parent, submit an original and photocopy of DSWD Clearance and Affidavit of Support and Consent.
If both parents are abroad, such an affidavit must be authenticated by the nearest Philippine Embassy or Consulate General.
If both parents are abroad, person applying in behalf of the minor must submit Special Power of Attorney authenticated by the nearest Philippine Embassy or Consulate General.
Passport and photocopy of the passport of person travelling with the minor.
REQUIREMENTS FOR REPLACEMENT OF LOST PASSPORT

If already expired, submit notarized Affidavit of Loss. No penalty fee of P200.00
If still valid, submit Police Report and notarized Affidavit of Loss. There will be a 15-day clearing period prior to the processing of application for a new passport.
Personal Appearance.
Birth Certificate (BC) in security paper and supporting documents
Three (3) copies 4.5 cm x 3.5 cm new photos (colored with plain white background). Photos should show applicant in decent attire with collar.
PASSPORT FEES

For Regular Passport:
(6 working days)
32 pages P500 ($50 abroad)
64 pages P600 ($60 abroad) Overtime Processing
P250 in addition to regular fee (2 working days)
For amendment of Passport:
P100 ($20 abroad)
Replacement of Lost Passport, whether valid or expired:
32 pages P700 ($90 abroad)
64 pages P800 ($140 abroad)
TO SUBMIT SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
Supporting documents are the following:

A.. Old SSS E-1 Form
B. Baptismal Certificate
C. Income Tax Return (ITR)
D. School Form 137 or Transcript of Record
E. GSIS policy
F. Government Service Record
G. Seaman's Book
H. Marriage Contract
I. PRC ID

REMINDERS

Applicant should file his application where he is physically present.
Declare lost, valid, or expired passport to avoid delay in the issuance of a new one.
Passport unclaimed after one (1) year will be cancelled per Memorandum Circular 33-88.
Check all data in the passport upon release. Passports found to have scripting errors will be replaced gratis if presented for correction 6 months from date of release.

for further information : log on to this website

http://www.dfa.gov.ph/consular/passport.htm#Passport&#37;20Requirements%20for%20first%20time%20applicants

Shamrockdave2003
15th March 2007, 14:24
Thanks!

Anyone got any ideas of how long it takes to get the birth cert from the NSO

eljean
15th March 2007, 14:47
it could take about 3 months....as far as i know since my mom got a late registration i ask her if how many days it takes if theres is corrections and she says the same ....i hope it helps...you can do research online just type NSO manila or call them by the time you get there they will probably tell you how many days exactly you be getting it and if you want it to speed up you can always ask on how.....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiger@tigress
16th March 2007, 04:14
:xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Shamrockdave2003
27th March 2007, 12:34
This is such good news - she will her get her NSO Birth Cert back on the 29th!!!!!!!!!! cant beleive the speed.
Now we can apply for a passport.
We are getting there

Yippeee!!