PDA

View Full Version : Annual cost of owning a car in the Philippines

Terpe
10th November 2014, 10:30
http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sites/default/files/a_images/access/related/cargraphics-110914.jpg

Source (http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/business/11/09/14/annual-cost-owning-car-philippines )

Terpe
10th November 2014, 10:33
That seems quite high .... higher than I would have guessed.

Unless anyone has a different view ?

imagine
10th November 2014, 11:48
Looks about right if I take out toll fees.

Oh and if you have a good mechanic, I haven't found one yet. Been through too many bad ones and cost me for the same job over and over again, that finally I did the work myself, and a good job too>

I've given up on good mechanics - lost hope on finding a good one,

And so called skilled workers? :Erm: well, that remains to be seen

Steve.r
10th November 2014, 12:46
I have both a Montero Sport and a Toyota Vios and if the total for both came anywhere near that I would know. I think this must have been made up by some rich foreigner or Filipino to brag about how much money that they have to waste.

imagine
10th November 2014, 13:14
LTO about what I paid

Insurance multicab about 350 p

I don't pay toll fees or parking.

But pay a lot in repairing the damage the mechanics have done. Labour costs 200 p

Well, they do say you get what you pay for :Erm:

fred
10th November 2014, 13:32
Well if its a brand new car, the costs for registration and maintenance should be crossed out for the first 3 years..Well not exactly but costs are at minimal.. I think we paid 15k for a year's fully comp.
Fuel is about 50.00 Pesos a litre (unleaded) So it rather depend on how far you wish to go.

For our older motor, we pay about 5k a year for registration and just recently about 50k last year for maintenance which will vary from year to year..

Older vehicles here are pricey to buy but do tend to hold their value very well.. Unlike in the UK.

KeithD
12th November 2014, 10:09
90% of fuel is burnt while sitting in traffic with the aircon on :biggrin: