PDA

View Full Version : Filipina/German citizen living in UK to marry her fiance in Philippines

ianlg8
10th November 2014, 08:33
Hi all,

My cousin is a Filipina and German citizen. She is struggling to find out how to get requirements for a German citizen living in UK to be able to marry in the Philippines. Does anyone here know the process she needs to go through?

Terpe
10th November 2014, 09:37
Hi all,

My cousin is a Filipina and German citizen. She is struggling to find out how to get requirements for a German citizen living in UK to be able to marry in the Philippines. Does anyone here know the process she needs to go through?

What's the nationality of her future spouse ?

ianlg8
10th November 2014, 11:26
Hi Terpe,

Filipino. He's in Manila now & they want to get married this year.

Terpe
10th November 2014, 13:25
If they're both Filipino citizens they just need to follow local (Philippines) requirements for securing the marriage licence.

ianlg8
10th November 2014, 14:27
But they want to have German nationality on the marriage certificate so she can bring her husband in the UK. I think if they marry as Filipinos it will be much more difficult to get a visa for the husband to live with her in UK

Donutz
10th November 2014, 20:04
To be covered by the freedom of movement directive (which enables an EU spouse to bring their direct non-EU family to join them in an EU country that this person him/herself is not a national of) any genuine and legal mariage will be sufficient. The easiest would be to marry in Phil, then apply for an EU/EEA spouse visa for the UK. Presenting all the paperwork that makes clear that she is (also) German and legally married to her pinoy spouse.

The other option would be to marry in Germany or an other EU state (Denmark seems to be a popular option for EU marriages?) but then she'd first need to find out what paperwork they require and get a visa for her pinoy to travel to Germany... Sound like a lot more hassle then option 1...