PDA

View Full Version : Rent-a-gob Ferdinand no longer wants to be part in any FA initiatives

Dedworth
6th November 2014, 22:46
Rio Ferdinand 'should have known better' and shows 'no sign of remorse', says FA in written explanation of Twitter row ban

The Football Association issued written explanation of Rio Ferdinand ban
The QPR defender's Twitter profile means he has a greater responsibility
FA said: 'There is no formal or direct admission and ... no sign of remorse'
QPR defender insists he used term 'sket' as a joke in comment on Twitter
Harry Redknapp, Joey Barton and Gary Lineker have supported Ferdinand
Ferdinand also fined £25,000 and ordered to attend education programme
The former Man United ace no longer wants to be part in any FA initiatives

It is understood Ferdinand, who served the first game of his ban last Saturday when he missed the game against Chelsea, made it clear to Dyke last week he no longer wished to be involved in any FA initiatives.

Now, in a damning statement, the Commission reported: ‘With nearly six million followers Mr Ferdinand is clearly an experienced Twitter user and he should know better than to respond in the way that he did.

‘It is said on his behalf that he is one of the most high profile sportsmen on Twitter and he is a role model for many young people, no doubt throughout the world. His responsibility is therefore that much greater than many others.

‘Unfortunately there is no formal or direct admission and there is certainly no sign of remorse.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2822112/Rio-Ferdinand-known-better-shows-no-sign-remorse-says-FA-written-explanation-Twitter-row-ban.html#ixzz3IKLIfJkp

I hope the BBC no longer use this half witted publicity seeker as a "pundit"

Slip
6th November 2014, 23:54
I think the ban is out of order.

But then the FA are stuck in the dark ages anyway. I don't agree with any ban in football that has nothing to do whatsoever with anything that happens on the field of play.

les_taxi
7th November 2014, 00:28
I'm not bothered any more - he is not a Man Utd player :biggrin:

KeithD
7th November 2014, 09:16
The FA are pathetic. A slap on the wrist would have been enough for Rio. They need to put more effort into sorting out the thugs on the pitch, rather than just saying the rules state they can't act. :doh

Dedworth
7th November 2014, 10:28
The FA are pathetic. A slap on the wrist would have been enough for Rio. They need to put more effort into sorting out the thugs on the pitch, rather than just saying the rules state they can't act. :doh

I think the FA are right this idiot has a history of bad mouthing it on twitter, set's himself up as anti racist when it suits him, is a thicko and dodged a dope test. Now he's a has been player it won't be long before he drowns in a trough of his own self importance.

les_taxi
7th November 2014, 11:24
Bloody ex-Leeds players!

andy222
7th November 2014, 14:38
Bloody ex-Leeds players!

I agree Les, another one was Cantana. :biggrin:

les_taxi
7th November 2014, 15:27
I agree Les, another one was Cantana

:yikes: That's like saying the prophet Mohamed is a bender!
Eric was a god :xxgrinning--00xx3:

andy222
7th November 2014, 16:06
:yikes:Thats like saying the prophet Mohamed is a bender!

Eric was a god :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:laugher:ISIS will be knocking on your cab window.:icon_lol:

les_taxi
7th November 2014, 17:02
They can do one :biggrin:

bigmarco
7th November 2014, 23:43
I think the FA are right this idiot has a history of bad mouthing it on twitter, set's himself up as anti racist when it suits him, is a thicko and dodged a dope test. Now he's a has been player it won't be long before he drowns in a trough of his own self importance.

:xxgrinning--00xx3: Totally agree. Has been footballer with a high opinion of himself which has been massaged by the authorities for far to long. He's on the slippery slope now as he's even getting dropped by QPR. Seen as a leading light by some folk in the kick it out campaign but should have been ditched long ago when referring to Ashley Cole as a choc ice. Cannot stand the bloke regardless of whose shirt he's wearing :cwm23:

Dedworth
8th November 2014, 18:41
:xxgrinning--00xx3: Totally agree. Has been footballer with a high opinion of himself which has been massaged by the authorities for far to long. He's on the slippery slope now as he's even getting dropped by QPR. Seen as a leading light by some folk in the kick it out campaign but should have been ditched long ago when referring to Ashley Cole as a choc ice. Cannot stand the bloke regardless of whose shirt he's wearing :cwm23:

Well said Marco :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Brother Anton is equally repulsive now trying to ply his trade at Reading

Ako Si Jamie
9th November 2014, 02:05
I agree Les, another one was Cantana. :biggrin:He was one Man Utd player I quite liked.