PDA

View Full Version : Good News for City

andy222
1st November 2014, 21:19
Van Gooly has announced that Rooney will play tomorrow. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

les_taxi
2nd November 2014, 00:13
Seem to recall him scoring a beauty against them a couple of seasons ago :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
2nd November 2014, 17:47
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/4524959744/h616F81AE/

bigmarco
2nd November 2014, 17:55
Worse start since 86/87. Can't believe that Van Gaal is getting such an easy ride from the media after laying out almost £200 million. :NoNo:

joebloggs
2nd November 2014, 18:01
As long as Chelsea don't win, I don't care :biggrin:

les_taxi
2nd November 2014, 18:48
Don't worry Marco it's ok.

This was a complete rebuilding job - why do you think in 3 months it can be done? :doh

We looked a lot better than last season.

It will take a full season, I have no worries at all.

The manager with worries is Rogers, who spent only a bit less than us and his team is nowhere near as good as last season.
Spent £150 million, Liverpool about £120 million.

andy222
2nd November 2014, 20:55
:doh Lost again Les? :biggrin:

bigmarco
2nd November 2014, 23:18
Don't worry Marco it's ok.

Nah, it's definitely not ok Les. You're level points with Newcastle and West Brom. Glazers are not going to swallow any Champions' League again next year, especially with the money they've shelled out. I think there's a good chance Giggs could be in charge again by Christmas.

les_taxi
3rd November 2014, 01:09
None whatsoever - we have a top manager - just be patient.

It's taken Liverpool countless years and Millions just to get to No 2 last year.

Man Utd will be fine and next season challenging again as I always thought. The one thing you don't do is panic!

bigmarco
3rd November 2014, 02:50
The one thing you don't do is panic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR6wok7g7do

les_taxi
3rd November 2014, 08:08
I look at it this way, we have played the two top teams in the Premiership, one game with 10 men for most of it and lost by one goal :doh

The earlier losses against so called weaker teams were because we were thrown together quickly.

This team will improve all the time and that's why I'm not concerned at all :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
3rd November 2014, 09:16
Top players should fit in straight away, as with Southampton, they do not take time to 'develop'. Man U and Liverpool are just crap at the moment, and both have wasted money on transfers. :action-smiley-081:

les_taxi
3rd November 2014, 10:07
Disagree - we bought better than Liverpool. You were well mugged. De Maria is class. We can't get a defence out that's all that's stopping us progressing.

KeithD
3rd November 2014, 12:56
And yet we are ahead in the table, so your comments make no sense :Erm:

bigmarco
3rd November 2014, 13:12
I just don't understand how people are not critical of the Manager. Moyes was doing better at this stage last season and United were £200 million better off :NoNo::NoNo:

les_taxi
3rd November 2014, 14:08
And yet we are ahead in the table, so your comments make no sense :Erm:

Of course they make sense. From a position of table topping and nearly winning the league, you are not a patch on last season. Even Liverpool fans are questioning the transition quote.

les_taxi
3rd November 2014, 14:12
I just don't understand how people are not critical of the Manager. Moyes was doing better at this stage last season and United were £200 million better off :NoNo::NoNo:

Why do you keep saying £200 million when its £150 mil. But even if it was £200 mil, he has to shape the team to suit. I remember Chelsea spending more in today's terms but it still took a good while before it paid off. You are expecting instant results and it rarely happens.

Moyes was not doing a better job at all, he was dragging us down from being champions.

I can't wait till a year from now and we have this conversation again.

bigmarco
3rd November 2014, 14:39
I wont argue over £50 million but if you include Falcao I'm right. :biggrin:

Personally I think Moyes was doing a far better job with far inferior resources. Van Butthead won't see next season if he's not in the top 4.

At least Liverpool have got an excuse. In Suarez they lost one of the best players in the world and Sturridge has played no part. 75% of their Goals last season are not playing this year .

les_taxi
3rd November 2014, 15:41
Keith will give you the stats on Suarez as he pointed out at the start of the season. Which was something like Liverpool won more games when he did not play :icon_lol:

KeithD
3rd November 2014, 16:08
Of course they make sense. From a position of table topping and nearly winning the league, you are not a patch on last season. Even Liverpool fans are questioning the transition quote.

....and you're not as good as last season either :Cuckoo:

KeithD
3rd November 2014, 16:10
Keith will give you the stats on Suarez as he pointed out at start of season. Which was something like Liverpool won more games when he did not play :icon_lol:

We did win more without him, but the margins of the wins with him made the goal difference so good last season.

les_taxi
3rd November 2014, 16:15
We are work in progress. Why anyone thinks a manager is crap after 3 months in charge and a proven track record is crazy. We were in decline for a while. This guy will sort us out.

les_taxi
3rd November 2014, 16:17
Oh, and of course, we lost 3 experienced defenders in one go last season. It's defence where we are weak. Mark my words, we will be title challenging next season.

KeithD
3rd November 2014, 16:19
Moyes was doing better this time last year :Erm: so that says the current manager is worse.

Southampton are doing fine with a new team and spent a lot less :biggrin:

Liverpool 'n' Man U have tried to pay for a quick fix and it hasn't worked.

bigmarco
3rd November 2014, 16:34
Oh, and of course, we lost 3 experienced defenders in one go last season. It's defence where we are weak. Mark my words, we will be title challenging next season.

Well Chelsea said goodbye two of the top 6 most-capped England players, spent considerably less than £200 million and look like they'll have the title won by Christmas :biggrin:

Dedworth
3rd November 2014, 17:45
Watching MotD I noticed that Fat Boy's 2nd hair transplant is rejecting him :icon_lol:

Longweekend
3rd November 2014, 17:50
Watching MotD I noticed that Fat Boy's 2nd hair transplant is rejecting him :icon_lol::laugher:

les_taxi
3rd November 2014, 18:02
Well Chelsea said goodbye two of the top 6 most-capped England players, spent considerably less than £200 million and look like they'll have the title won by Christmas :biggrin:

That's quite funny regarding Chelsea. As if they have run the club on a shoestring.

Arthur Little
4th November 2014, 02:42
That's quite funny regarding Chelsea. As if they have *run the club on a shoestring.

:biggrin: ... Chelsea has been "tied up" in the 'Top Flight' of English soccer for 25 consecutive seasons ... :anerikke: ... perhaps you now have one of the *main (if unexpected) reasons for the Club's consistent success!

andy222
4th November 2014, 09:23
. We were in decline for a while.

Were? You are going backwards now. :icon_lol:. Keep Rooney in the side and you will be playing in the championship next year. :laugher:

KeithD
4th November 2014, 09:53
Rooney's a good player, but they can't stay at the top all the time. Form bounces around, and he's going through a crap patch. Although as with Liverpool, he's not getting the service.

les_taxi
4th November 2014, 10:09
This one's going round in circles. I'm right, you're wrong, lol

andy222
4th November 2014, 10:15
Rooney is over rated.

Dedworth
4th November 2014, 10:30
Rooney is over rated.

:iagree:

He only scores with grannies

bigmarco