PDA

View Full Version : Asylum: 30,000 cases still unresolved from 2007, say MPs

KeithD
29th October 2014, 09:32
The Home Office is facing a fresh
backlog of asylum cases, on top of 30,000 unresolved applications dating back to
2007, MPs have warned.

The Public Accounts Committee said the number of new asylum seekers awaiting
an initial decision on their status rose 70% in the first quarter of 2014.

More (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29805830)

I can remember the Tories having a right go over Labour for exactly the same thing 6-7 years ago. :doh They are all as useless as each other. :action-smiley-081: Apart from that alcoholic geezer.... Farage is it? :xxgrinning--00xx3:

At the Tory Halloween Party this year, reports are that the No.1 outfit will be Farage look-a-likes.

les_taxi
29th October 2014, 10:47
I can see him now like Jack Nicholson in 'The Shining':
"Here's Nigel"

andy222
29th October 2014, 14:36
Looks like Ded's mate May is in for it. :biggrin: What is she getting paid for?

KeithD
29th October 2014, 15:39
May is likely to be the next leader of the Tories. She can't even run a single department, never mind a country full of them. :doh

SimonH
29th October 2014, 15:47
The government said it was "addressing the backlogs inherited" in 2010.

During Prime Minister's Questions, Labour leader Ed Miliband told David Cameron to "apologise" for his record on immigration, adding: "You're not making it right. You're making it worse."

But Mr Cameron replied that the coalition was "clearing up a shocking shambles and mess left by the last Labour government".

:Erm::Erm::Erm:

KeithD
29th October 2014, 16:02
So far then they have cleared up '0' .... great job :xxgrinning--00xx3: :Erm: :crazy:

bigmarco
29th October 2014, 16:17
Sums up British Politics, Red blames blue, blue blames Red, nothing ever gets done and yet we vote one of them back into office again next time round.
One day the country will wake up and see that we are giving all these :action-smiley-081: extremely lucrative careers and getting absolutely nothing in return. :cwm23:

Arthur Little
30th October 2014, 01:13
At the Tory Halloween Party this year, reports are that the No.1 outfit will be Farage look-a-likes.

............................ :yeahthat:'s funny ... I'd just been thinking there was a startling similarity between Farage and Les's latest avatar! :yikes:

Arthur Little
30th October 2014, 01:33
............................ :yeahthat:'s funny ... I'd just been thinking there was a startling similarity between Farage and Les's latest avatar! :yikes:

Y'see, it's those BIG gnashers :biggrin: ... they're a dead giveaway!

Personally ... :anerikke: ... I wouldn't wish 'em on anyone. :NoNo:

SimonH
30th October 2014, 08:32

I always thought he was was a dead ringer for Harry Enfield :Erm: