PDA

View Full Version : RIP, Lynda Bellingham

Arthur Little
22nd October 2014, 02:08
Surprisingly ... :anerikke: ... nobody has yet mentioned the passing - on Sunday evening - of the popular Canadian-born, English stage and television actress ... whose face became so familiar to millions of British viewers in the 1980s for her portrayal of 'Mum'in the famous 'Oxo' adverts, and also as the second lady to play opposite fellow actor, Christopher Timothy as Mrs James Heriot in the Yorkshire-based veterinary series, 'All Creatures Great & Small'.

Seemed Lynda (66) was diagnosed with colon cancer 15 months ago. However, despite later being told her illness was terminal - and after discontinuing further chemotherapy in August this year - she remained "upbeat" for the sake of husband, Michael and her two grown sons by a previous marriage ... hoping against hope they'd all manage to spend one final Christmas together.

Sadly, :bigcry: ... it wasn't to be, I'm afraid. :NoNo:

les_taxi
22nd October 2014, 05:01
I did bring up her illness, she was lovely when I met her :xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/54093-Lynda-Bellingham-reveals-the-story-of-her-14-month-cancer-battle?highlight=lynda+bellingham

Terpe
22nd October 2014, 07:49
Must admit it struck a chord with me.
RIP Lynda Bellingham

bigmarco
22nd October 2014, 13:56
Yes sad indeed Arthur as she was only 66. Listened to Christoper Timothy pay a glowing tribute to her on LBC the other day and it came across that she was a really lovely person. I also heard that she made 42 ads for Oxo which was some going. RIP :xxgrinning--00xx3:

les_taxi
22nd October 2014, 14:18
She had a wicked laugh and twinkle in her eye and did not mind talking about her boobs :biggrin: