PDA

View Full Version : Getting the best out of Boracay

Terpe
21st October 2014, 12:39
So you've heard about Boracay. You’re not alone. In the past few years this small island in the Philippines has ridden a global wave of media attention to become one of the world's top island destinations. But that notoriety presents a new challenge for the visitor: sorting through the endless options of where to stay, what to eat and what to do.

Source (http://www.lonelyplanet.com/philippines/travel-tips-and-articles/getting-the-best-out-of-boracay)

stevewool
16th November 2014, 22:36
A beautiful place to visit, but just so busy.

I know a place just as beautiful but not as busy - its called, :Erm::Erm::Erm::Erm::Erm: - if I tell you then it may get just as busy as Boracay, so I wont :xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiger31
17th November 2014, 02:18
I think tourism has ruined the island myself and it,s not cheap either. The island is having a hard time at the moment due to the drop in Chinese visitors after their government issued travel warnings.

johncar54
17th November 2014, 14:31
A few months after being on Boracay, my wife came to Fuengirola Costa del Sol. We were walking along the Passeo (prom) and she said, "Why do they rave about Boracay, this is so much better"

Ako Si Jamie
17th November 2014, 14:46
We went in the June and stayed in Station 1 and it was pretty quiet. We had some rain - but overall, the weather wasn't too bad. Puka Beach is a great way to escape the crowds though.

andy222
17th November 2014, 17:32
A beautiful place to visit, but just so busy.

I know a place just as beautiful but not as busy - its called, :Erm::Erm::Erm::Erm::Erm: - if I tell you then it may get just as busy as Boracay, so I wont :xxgrinning--00xx3:

It's not Weston Super-Mare is it? :icon_lol:

Longweekend
17th November 2014, 17:39
Skegy Vegas...? :cwm25:

Michael Parnham
17th November 2014, 19:31
That's why I like Siquijor, no tourism as such! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
18th November 2014, 01:30
Siquijor and Boracay are still my favourite islands in the Phils, and I've been to a few. Prefer them both to Panglao Island which I don't rate particularly highly, although I do like Alona and Dumuluan Beach.

Dedworth
18th November 2014, 20:57
Best to stay out of Boracay

Terpe
19th November 2014, 11:48
Best to stay out of Boracay

Well yes, if what Boracay has to offer is not what you want it's not the best place to go.

On the other hand, for those folks, like me, who
enjoy the experience of Boracay, it remains a unique destination.

Like most experiences simply a question of horses-for-courses :xxgrinning--00xx3: