PDA

View Full Version : Visa For Ireland

rhaichard
16th October 2014, 19:47
Hi ..

Does anyone know how easy it is to get a visa to go to Ireland?

We are planning to go to Dublin with my mum in law..

Thanks

Harry T
16th October 2014, 22:07
In answer to your question, I don't know, but at a guess, pretty easy.

As an example, maybe 5 years ago, I visited Ireland with a Chinese friend. She had not got ILR and at that time I was naive with regards visa regulations. I simply booked my Ferry drove on drove off with my friend, there and back no questions asked.

I have been to Ireland maybe 6/7 times and never been stopped at customs. The other option is to drive up to Stranraer take the Ferry into Northern Ireland and just drive down to the South. :biggrin:

I am not suggesting that you do this, but I'm simply telling you my own experiences.

Anakin
19th August 2015, 10:33
Just researching this. Has anyone applied for an Irish visa recently? My wife has ILR Residence Permit and is married to me - a Brit.
Wanted to do this on the hurry up and preferably not have to show proof of bookings/flight.

Anakin
19th August 2015, 10:51
ah looking further into it, it seems to hinge on the RP stating “Residence card of a family member of a Union citizen.”
Do these actually exist? Ours doesn't say that so I guess it's the visa route but the Irish embassy stresses that for the spouse of a Brit this would be accelerated.

Terpe
19th August 2015, 12:38
ah looking further into it, it seems to hinge on the RP stating “Residence card of a family member of a Union citizen.”
Do these actually exist? Ours doesn't say that so I guess it's the visa route but the Irish embassy stresses that for the spouse of a Brit this would be accelerated.

Your wife will need to apply for a visa.

Anakin
19th August 2015, 14:39
Thanks Terpe - so I see