PDA

View Full Version : Bus Travel Advice While In The Philippines

KeithD
13th October 2014, 08:42
“A traveler without observation is like a bird without wings” a quote by Moslih Eddin Saadi. This quote, simply reminds us that where ever we go we need to be observant of the place, and the people around because we never know what will happen along our journey.

In the Philippines, the common means of transportation for a long distance travel is with a bus. There are different types of buses, according to the passengers' needs, namely; the luxury buses with beds or business-class seats, the air conditioned buses with TV and curtains, and the ordinary buses with and without glass in the windows. In choosing which type of bus to use, consider some of these questions.

What type of bus would I prefer? If it is a long ride then you must choose the one that makes you feel comfortable. Some people would rather ride on an ordinary bus, because they can’t put up with too much cold in an air conditioned bus. Some of them also consider their budget, so they don’t have any choice but to ride on the least expense one.

How sure I am with my safety? It is very true that accidents happen. As a passenger we need to be vigilant at all times. First, let’s take a look at the physical appearance of the bus and make a personal assessment. Will the bus survive a long trip? Does the driver or attendant look physically healthy? Another thing is the safety of the route? You can actually check travel advisories or watch the news about the weather conditions. Is it the best time to travel, or is it best waiting a day?

How about if I am traveling alone? Traveling alone is the hardest part of your journey, especially if it will take days and nights of travel. You need to get your backpack ready in case you need something along your way. Be wise enough to think of all your necessities, primarily food and drinks, sleeping stuffs, phone in case of emergency and money of course. It is advised to hide your money or other valuables in more than one place. So in the event of robbery, the thief will not get everything. This includes small pocket wallets, socks, and other places.

Traveling is great, especially when you arrive at your desired destination safe and in good condition. So take the above advice and enjoy your trip.

http://filipinaroses.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Philippine-Bus-Services-300x225.jpg (http://filipinaroses.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Philippine-Bus-Services.jpg)
http://filipinaroses.com/bus-travel-advice-while-in-the-philippines/ | Bus Travel, Buses, Philippine travel, travel

Ako Si Jamie
13th October 2014, 19:31
Be wise enough to think of all your necessities, primarily food and drinks, sleeping stuffs, phone in case of emergency and money of course. No prizes for guessing who wrote this article. :biggrin:

KeithD
13th October 2014, 20:31
No prizes for guessing who wrote this article. :biggrin:

Jen :smile:

Ako Si Jamie
14th October 2014, 23:55
I was on one of those 'ordinary buses' for over five hours travelling between Bacolod and Sipalay, and despite only having half a seat to sit on, the journey wasn't too bad and the bus wasn't too hot either.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
14th October 2014, 23:55
Jen :smile:Is that Sars? :Erm:

Michael Parnham
15th October 2014, 05:25
I was on one of those 'ordinary buses' for over five hours travelling between Bacolod and Sipalay, and despite only having half a seat to sit on, the journey wasn't too bad and the bus wasn't too hot either.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

We used an ordinary bus from Dumaguete to Bacolod & return and found it a lot better than air con bus, no window glass!

jake
15th October 2014, 06:57
Is that Sars? :Erm:

No. Ebola :cwm3:

jake
15th October 2014, 07:20
My wife remembers the bus her dad drove in the 60's and early 70's that had had wooden chairs and windows. Half of the bus was open sided. When it rained heavy there would be over 100 passengers on one side of the bus :crazy:

Steve.r
15th October 2014, 07:44
My wife remembers the bus her dad drove in the 60's and early 70's that had had wooden chairs and windows.i find those wooden windows are so difficult to look through :biggrin::biggrin:

jake
15th October 2014, 08:47
i find those wooden windows are so difficult to look through :biggrin::biggrin:

You're obviously not superman like me :action-smiley-081:

KeithD
15th October 2014, 09:11
Is that Sars? :Erm:

Nope. We have some Filipina's locked in the cellar we don't have, typing out articles.

Ako Si Jamie
16th October 2014, 00:49
Nope. We have some Filipina's locked in the cellar we don't have, typing out articles.So that's where my ex is? :Erm: