PDA

View Full Version : Two more foreigners shot to pieces

tiger31
6th October 2014, 03:04
http://www.sunstar.com.ph/cagayan-de-oro/local-news/2014/10/05/2-foreigners-shot-dead-cagayan-de-oro-369444

You don,t expect this to happen to you at this age, but here it does,nt matter. Yet 2 more senseless murders one of them father to be.

fred
6th October 2014, 04:05
The Mayor will be concerned enough to get the police to find MOTIVE because of the effect to tourism in his area of responsibility...
It wasn't a robbery,so we will have to wait and see what it is.
These two guys had enemies..No doubt about it.

Michael Parnham
6th October 2014, 08:32
Worrying times!:Erm:

Ako Si Jamie
6th October 2014, 13:40
Perhaps the gunman was an ex of one of the girls and the motive was jealousy.

Arthur Little
6th October 2014, 14:28
http://www.sunstar.com.ph/cagayan-de-oro/local-news/2014/10/05/2-foreigners-shot-dead-cagayan-de-oro-369444

You don,t expect this to happen to you at this age, but here it does,nt matter. Yet 2 more senseless murders one of them a father to be

True! :bigcry:

But neither do you find many 67 yr~old expectant fathers :nono-1-1: ... so possibly ... :anerikke: ... the gunman :NEW3: was the jealous ex-husband of the :olddude:'s girlfriend.

Arthur Little
6th October 2014, 14:49
Perhaps the gunman was an ex of one of the girls and the motive was jealousy.

True! :bigcry:

But neither do you find many 67 yr~old expectant fathers :nono-1-1: ... so possibly ... :anerikke: ... the gunman :NEW3: was the jealous ex-husband of the :olddude:'s girlfriend.

:biggrin: ... GREAT minds, Jamie!! Guess our respective posts must've crossed in transit!

chrisincebu
6th October 2014, 14:52
There is this lawlessness about the Philippines I'm getting tired of. It stands out more than all the other SE Asian countries.

Arthur Little
6th October 2014, 15:33
There is this lawlessness about the Philippines I'm getting tired of. It stands out more than all the other SE Asian countries.

:gp:, Chris ... unless ... :anerikke: ... of course, you take into account the recent unrest in Hong Kong!

Harry T
6th October 2014, 15:47
:gp:, Chris ... unless ... :anerikke: ... of course, you take into account the recent unrest in Hong Kong!

Yeah, but is that genuine Arthur or orchestrated??

Ako Si Jamie
6th October 2014, 20:21
:biggrin: ... GREAT minds, Jamie!! Guess our respective posts must've crossed in transit!:biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
6th October 2014, 21:47
The Philippine TV news reports are saying the weapon used was fitted with a silencer.

London_Manila
7th October 2014, 02:23
That's in Mindanao anyway - which is off-limits for anyone who does their homework

Some people even risk going to Zamboanga! :NoNo:

andy222
7th October 2014, 10:09
That's what the Government says! I will say it again, I have had no problems in Mindanao. Been there 9 times. Admittedly, I would not go to Zamboanga, but where I go I get no problems. Conduct yourself in the right manner and be respectful. It helps if you are there with a Filipino who knows the place and can guide you.

Ako Si Jamie
7th October 2014, 10:32
I think Camiguin, Siargao and Butuan are the safest places in Mindanao. Davao and CDO have had their problems, but anywhere south of Dipolog and west of Gen San and it's not advisable to venture.

highlander01
9th October 2014, 10:40
That's really sad.

tiger31
9th October 2014, 11:43
Yet another foreign murder same place 23 year old Swiss guy in Suriguo del Norte.

Getting out of hand!

irishman12
9th October 2014, 21:48
I think Camiguin, Siargao and Butuan are the safest places in Mindanao. Davao and CDO have had their problems, but anywhere south of Dipolog and west of Gen San and it's not advisable to venture.

nowhere is completely safe http://www.mindanews.com/top-stories/2014/10/08/foreigner-killed-in-surigao-also-a-swiss-national/

irishman12
9th October 2014, 21:52
That's in Mindanao anyway - which is off-limits for anyone who does their homework

Some people even risk going to Zamboanga! :NoNo:

Have you ever been to Mindanao? Like quite a few here who have been there many times - it's people who have never been there seem to give it a bad name.

Terpe
9th October 2014, 22:12
Curiouser and curiouser:-

Police looking for ‘John Lennon’

The police here are looking for another foreigner who was a companion of the slain Swiss national whose body was found with a stab wound on his chest in a grassy village here Tuesday morning.

But while the police are clueless about the foreigner who registered as a “John Lennon” at a hotel here when he checked in with stabbing victim Florian Mayer, the foreigner exchanged messages with this reporter via his Facebook account, saying they were robbed by armed men on a motorcycle.

Police investigators have learned that Mayer, 22, was accompanied by “John Lennon” when they checked in at Jazz Apartelle in Barangay Togbongon here on Monday.

They said John Lennon could be the key to solve the crime, noting that the two were always together.

John Lennon, however, said he is worried to report to the police at this time, saying he could not trust them.

This Caucasian, who is also a Swiss national, requested MindaNews not to reveal his name for now as he fears for his life and those of his family who are in Siargao Island.

Lennon revealed that he and Mayer left Siargao on Monday for Surigao City to get money and buy several things for the preparation of a bar that they were going to set up in the island.

He narrated that on Monday morning, they failed to wake up early so they reached Surigao around 2 to 3 p.m. Then they went to McDonald’s, then to the hotel.

He admitted to just writing “John Lennon” at the hotel’s registration form, which he usually does every time he needs to register in some commercial establishments.

From the hotel they went to CitiHardware, then Gaisano, to buy things needed for the bar.

They went back to the hotel at 5 p.m., then to McDonald’s again for dinner, then back to the hotel.

Past midnight, Mayer said they should go out for a drink. They walked to get a habalhabal (motorcycle) that would bring them to a bar. Then two guys on a motorbike stopped, and the passenger disembarked and pointed a gun at Mayer.

The man with the gun demanded that Mayer hand him his money, but Mayer refused. “The robber pointed the gun on me, I told them I don’t have money and I ran away,” he said.

He said that Mayer, who had P70,000 in cash with him, ran away, too.

“I dropped to the ground, and after 20-30 minutes I stood up and I ran again,” Lennon said.

He said he tried to look for Mayer, and even called him and sent a message on his phone, but got no answer.

“Florian joined the army in Switzerland so I think maybe he can manage in the jungle,” John Lennon said.

He was able to flag a habalhabal and went to McDonald’s and called her girlfriend in Siargao.

But until the next day, he still did not get any response from Mayer. “I still keep on texting Florian but I got no response from him,” he added.

He said he went back to Siargao with a French national.

He said he already reported the incident to the Swiss Embassy.

John Lennon reiterated not to put his name and picture in the news.

“I am willing to say the truth but I don’t trust the police as some of them are corrupt. That’s why I don’t go to them for now,” he said.

John Lennon did not disclosed his whereabouts, but said he would surface soon provided that he will get security, along with some media people.

Apartelle attendants said “John Lennon” even failed to check out at the hotel.

Mayer died from strangulation and a lone stab wound that pierced through his heart, according to the autopsy conducted by Dr. Alex Uy of the Philippine National Police’s (PNP) Regional Crime Laboratory.

Chief Insp. Miraflor Tiu, of the Scene of the Crime Operatives (Soco), said Mayer also sustained laceration on his right leg and on his head, as well as bruises on his back.

Robbery could not be ruled out yet even if Mayer’s jewelries – gold necklace and silver bracelet – and wallet containing several credit cards were still in his possession, Tiu said. Found in Mayer’s rented room were his personal belongings and a gray Eastpak backpack containing his personal things.

Tiu said that Mayer may have already been dead when his body was dumped at the grassy area near a rice field.

Mayer’s remains now lie in state at the Nilo Funeral Services in Kilometer 3, Barangay Luna.

Meanwhile, police from General Luna town in Siargao said they are also looking for “John Lennon.”

“If he is a witness to the crime then he should report to the police what had happened. It seems he is hiding now,” said Insp. Jonathan Meru, police station chief in General Luna.

Meru said that John Lennon is considered a suspect now, “so he should come out to clear his name.”

Police are asking those who have information about Mayer’s killing to contact them: Surigao del Norte PPO hotline, 0921-5114496; Surigao City Police Station, 0998-1787778; PO3 Cesar Johans C. Castillo, 0928-3146599, PRO 13 hotline, 342-1367 and 09084544548.

Source (http://www.mindanews.com/top-stories/2014/10/09/police-looking-for-john-lennon/ )

fred
10th October 2014, 01:40
Yet another foreign murder same place 23 year old Swiss guy in Suriguo del Norte.

Getting out of hand!

Just read a post from someone that says he knows of him..
The Swiss guy was always suing local business men etc.. He even tried to sue a judge after losing a case!!
That's a dangerous game here. :cwm25:

tiger31
10th October 2014, 02:11
Well there you go! Never step on people,s toes here as it doesn,t cost much to eradicate you.

tiger31
10th October 2014, 02:12
The Swiss guy was always suing local business men etc.. He even tried to sue a judge after losing a case!!
Thats a dangerous game here.:cwm25:

He did,nt do his research it seems.

London_Manila
10th October 2014, 02:55
Have you ever been to Mindanao? Like quite a few here who have been there many times - it's people who have never been there seem to give it a bad name.

No, I have not been there and I follow the British Government's advice about not visiting Mindanao

Travel insurance is void in Mindanao due to the British Government's advice

Yes, maybe thousands from this forum have been there and encountered no problems at all

I don't want to be the first person from this forum who gets kidnapped, shot or my legs blown off in one of the many random bomb attacks on that island.

Muslim extremists are too active in Mindanao for my liking.

tiger31
10th October 2014, 08:50
No, I have not been there and I follow the British Government's advice about not visiting Mindanao

Yes, maybe thousands from this forum have been there and encountered no problems at all

I don't want to be the first person from this forum who gets kidnapped, shot or my legs blown off in one of the many random bomb attacks on that island

Muslim extremists are too active in Mindanao for my liking

The thing is, whether you have visited or not, the facts speak for themselves. I have been to C.D.O, seems a nice place but looks can be deceiving as we all know. At the end of the day, a white dude stands out like a sore thumb everywhere you go here. You just have to keep your wits about you and not be complacent. I used to think I was a short .... until I came here, but even I tower over the locals in the supermarkets. It,s quite weird, lol

irishman12
10th October 2014, 10:49

I don't want to be the first person from this forum who gets kidnapped, shot or my legs blown off in one of the many random bomb attacks on that island

Muslim extremists are too active in Mindanao for my liking

Were these incidents anything to do with Muslim extremists?

Same things can happen anywhere in Phils or even UK - if you're in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Ako Si Jamie
10th October 2014, 20:14
That's a dangerous game here. :cwm25:

Sounds like a spoilt rich kid used to getting his own way all the time.

joebloggs
11th October 2014, 08:46
Were these incidents anything to do with Muslim extremists?

Same things can happen anywhere in Phils or even UK - if you're in the wrong place at the wrong time.

http://www.mb.com.ph/how-safe-is-mindanao/

Ako Si Jamie
11th October 2014, 09:55
http://www.mb.com.ph/how-safe-is-mindanao/Blown out of proportion by some panicking pen-pusher. I'd rather listen to people who know the area such as the members on here or on Philippine travel forums than some pleb in a government office. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
11th October 2014, 10:21
Blown out of proportion by some panicking pen-pusher. I'd rather listen to people who know the area such as the members on here or on Philippine travel forums than some pleb in a government office. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'm beginning to wonder now, after learning on this Forum about no go areas in this country because of Pakistanis! :Erm:

Terpe
11th October 2014, 10:36
I'm seriously considering the risks and recent happenings in Mindanao and also Manila.

I may need to make some changes in my plans

Michael Parnham
11th October 2014, 10:37
I'm seriously considering the risks and recent happenings in Mindanao and also Manila.

I may need to make some changes in my plans

Siquijor? :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
11th October 2014, 10:38
I'm beginning to wonder now, after learning on this Forum about no go areas in this country because of Pakistanis! :Erm:

Now that is blown out of proportion Michael, how often do your hear of Pakistanis drunks or yobs attacking people? Nearly always it's White British yobs :NoNo:

Jamie ignore different government warnings at your peril :NoNo:

Terpe
11th October 2014, 10:42
Siquijor? :xxgrinning--00xx3:

No family connections there Michael.
Although that's not a huge barrier I'd rather be within easy reach of family support.

Michael Parnham
11th October 2014, 10:48
Now that is blown out of proportion Michael, how often do your hear of Pakistanis drunks or yobs attacking people? Nearly always, its White British yobs :NoNo:

Jamie ignore different government warnings at your peril :NoNo:

Look at Fred's video on the Alan Henning thread #131 Joe!

Ako Si Jamie
11th October 2014, 11:06
Jamie ignore different government warnings at your peril :NoNo:I take news of westerners being kidnapped seriously but that usually only happens in western Mindanao; an area I wouldn't venture in anyway. Putting the whole of Mindanao off limits because of a couple of isolated incidents in the north of the island is jumping the gun in my opinion. I look at the reasons as to why the Swiss were killed and one was allegedly slaughtered for suing the locals, and the other, most likely, involved a jealous ex boyfriend.

Furthermore, the Germans who were kidnapped from their yacht were taken off the coast of Palawan, so why doesn't Palawan have any warnings?

joebloggs
11th October 2014, 14:23
Blown out of proportion by some panicking pen-pusher. I'd rather listen to people who know the area such as the members on here or on Philippine travel forums than some pleb in a government office. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Like my misses who was born there :wink:

joebloggs
11th October 2014, 14:36
Look at Freds vid on the Alan Henning thread #131 Joe!

1 news story Michael, the day you need to worry is when you have police searching for people like this

Police identified the suspect as Khadafy Guiamelon, a notorious kidnap-for-ransom gang leader implicated in about 30 abductions in Central Mindanao. Guiamelon is also believed to have led a botched bloody daytime heist in Koronadal City last Thursday in Koronadal City.
http://www.mb.com.ph/notorious-gang-leader-falls/

and from the PNP

http://pnp-pro7.org/mostwanted.html

London_Manila
12th October 2014, 05:24
I take news of westerners being kidnapped seriously but that usually only happens in western Mindanao; an area I wouldn't venture in anyway. Putting the whole of Mindanao off limits because of a couple of isolated incidents in the north of the island is jumping the gun in my opinion. I look at the reasons as to why the Swiss were killed and one was allegedly slaughtered for suing the locals, and the other, most likely, involved a jealous ex boyfriend.

Furthermore, the Germans who were kidnapped from their yacht were taken off the coast of Palawan, so why doesn't Palawan have any warnings?

Yes, I would regard Palawan as risky as well

Abu Sayyaf like to use this island to kidnap westerners

I remember a few years back an American guy ended up being beheaded after being taken from Palawan

Mindanao does not have isolated incidents - it's more like on a daily basis

Davao Airport has been bombed before and random bomb attacks are frequent

Yes it may be mainly in the western part of Mindanao but the eastern part of Mindanao is only a bus ride away

Abu Sayyaf can turn their attention to other parts of Mindanao any time they feel like it

stevewool
12th October 2014, 09:15
Marikina is sounding wonderful at this moment. Now, if I can sort the family out ... :biggrin:

Ako Si Jamie
12th October 2014, 21:40
Yes, I would regard Palawan as risky as well

Abu Sayyaf like to use this island to kidnap westerners

I remember a few years back an American guy ended up being beheaded after being taken from Palawan

Mindanao does not have isolated incidents - its more like on a daily basis

Davao Airport has been bombed before and random bomb attacks are frequent

Yes it may be mainly in the western part of Mindanao but the eastern part of Mindanao is only a bus ride away

Abu Sayyaf can turn their attention to other parts of Mindanao any time they feel like it

I'm talking about incidents involving westerners. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Davao, by the way, is said to be the safest city in the Phils.

Terpe
12th October 2014, 22:33

There's a reason for folks saying that.

Ako Si Jamie
12th October 2014, 22:47
There's a reason for folks saying that.Go on, Sir Terpe. :smile:

London_Manila
13th October 2014, 02:15
Marikina is sounding wonderful at this moment, now if i can sort the family out :biggrin:

Prone to flooding that area :cwm25:

London_Manila
13th October 2014, 02:18
I'm talking about incidents involving westerners. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Davao may have a strict mayor but he cannot control extreme terrorist groups

Surely there is a reason why the British Government advises British Citizens not to go there

Ako Si Jamie
13th October 2014, 19:42
Davao may have a strict mayor but he cannot control extreme terrorist groups

Surely there is a reason why the British Government advises British Citizens not to go thereIt's the Aussie Government that's advising travellers to stay out of Mindanao. It's not just the western side, but everywhere, although they haven't given an explanation as to why. :anerikke:

London_Manila
14th October 2014, 01:55
It's the Aussie Government that's advising travellers to stay out of Mindanao. It's not just the western side, but everywhere, although they haven't given an explanation as to why. :anerikke:

Its not rocket science diba :wink:

Just Google Mindanao bombings kidnapping Muslim terrorist groups MNLF :ReadIt:

The last bomb attacks in Davao was September last year 2 bombs in 2 different shopping malls

Ako Si Jamie
14th October 2014, 22:54
Its not rocket science diba :wink:

Just Google Mindanao bombings kidnapping Muslim terrorist groups MNLF :ReadIt:

The last bomb attacks in Davao was September last year 2 bombs in 2 different shopping mallsBut what about Camiguin and Siargao? Nothing has happened here. The authorities should get their facts straight before tarring everywhere in Mindanao with the same brush. These islands rely on tourism. :mad:

London_Manila
16th October 2014, 02:48
But what about Camiguin and Siargao? Nothing has happened here. The authorities should get their facts straight before tarring everywhere in Mindanao with the same brush. These islands rely on tourism. :mad:

Ok there may be some places that may be considered relatively safe but you can't expect the authorities to give out maps with places marked up off limits, its much easier just classing the whole island as unsafe. I still think these extremist groups are mobile and you may find yourself in trouble in any part of Mindanao....

andy222
16th October 2014, 09:38
Ok there may be some places that may be considered relatively safe but you can't expect the authorities to give out maps with places marked up off limits, its much easier just classing the whole island as unsafe. I still think these extremist groups are mobile and you may find yourself in trouble in any part of Mindanao....

That's why you have to do your homework before you go. :xxgrinning--00xx3:. There are parts of this country where I wouldn't go.

Terpe
16th October 2014, 10:10
To put some perspective on this let's not forget that Mindanao is similar in size to Luzon, Iceland, Ireland and Cuba

It's 4 times the size of Sicily

It's 9 times bigger than Jamaica.

Abigail
16th October 2014, 10:17
One of my ship's crew is from Mindanao and he is very happy there and proud of his home but even he tells me never to go there as it would not be safe for me

raynaputi
16th October 2014, 10:38
Marikina is sounding wonderful at this moment. Now, if I can sort the family out ... :biggrin:

Marikina fault line...:omg::cwm24:

http://www.philstar.com/nation/2014/06/16/1335449/phivolcs-chief-warns-7.2-quake-can-isolate-manila

Nowhere is safe...:cwm25:

les_taxi
16th October 2014, 10:50
I was in Davao a few years ago and felt safe. Maybe it's different now. It is here tho' to be fair. Always the same advice don't be flash with cash and helps to have a local with you.

andy222
16th October 2014, 11:04
One of my ship's crew is from Mindanao and he is very happy there and proud of his home but even he tells me never to go there as it would not be safe for me

No offence intended, but I think it would be more dangerous for a girl. I know my two eldest daughters want to visit but we would have to keep our eyes on them and not let them stray. However, my wife's family would be there.

Abigail
16th October 2014, 13:23
No offence taken Andy, I know what you mean and yes you may be right and that's why he has warned me against it.

Terpe
16th October 2014, 14:02
I'd dare to suggest a lone female tourist would be safer in Davao than Manila.

Certainly a lot safer than say a holiday to Dominican Republic, Jamaica or Thailand etc.

Ako Si Jamie
16th October 2014, 16:58

I'm just referring to what the foreign affairs chump in Australia spewed out. He only mentions kidnapping and going by my knowledge, only a certain number of provinces in the west of the island have been affected.

As for bombs going off, yeah, a few have gone off in the malls in Davao, but that wouldn't deter me from going, especially as I come from a country where approximately 100 incidents related to terrorism have occurred in the past 45 years (not including Northern Ireland).

I would steer clear of the malls anyway because I'm only interested in Samal Island & Mount Apo. I have no intentions of sightseeing in Jollibee's. :biggrin:

Furthermore, Camiguin and Siargao can be reached without setting foot on mainland Mindanao. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

irishman12
16th October 2014, 18:16
Even a lot of Filipinos from Manila won't travel to Mindanao because of these stories about Abu Sayaaf - when there is probably more chance of them being killed in some shooting/bus incident in Manila than being kidnapped in Mindanao. It's got more to do with the people that have never been there spreading rumours than the actual risk.

@London Manila - just in case you don't know -Abu Sayaaf can travel by plane/boat too, so Manila is no safer than Mindanao.

Michael Parnham
16th October 2014, 18:36
Even a lot of filipinos from Manila wont travel to Mindanao because of these stories about Abu Sayaaf - when there is probably more chance of them being killed in some shooting/bus incident in Manila than being kidnapped in Mindanao. It's got more to do with the people that have never been there spreading rumours than the actual risk.

@London Manila - just in case you dont know - Abu Sayaaf can travel by plane/boat too, so Manila is no safer than Mindanao.

True!

irishman12
16th October 2014, 18:53
http://www.aliawanenterprises.com/id56.html

London_Manila
17th October 2014, 02:13
I base my views by my own research on the net and what different governments around the world advise, just because someone has been on the island and did not encounter any trouble on that particular trip has very little to do with the security situation there = you got lucky :wink:

I could probably walk around the streets of Peckham and Harlseden here in London at night and have no hassle at all but that doesn't make these 2 places safe

les_taxi
17th October 2014, 10:33
I would go myself. The odds would be tiny that the time you were there you would be that unlucky. I would imagine a simple car ride in UK would be more dangerous regarding statistics.

I'm one of those who just goes for it.

Ako Si Jamie
17th October 2014, 13:38
I wonder what happened to the member Tawi-Tawi? If I remember correctly he had travelled all over Mindanao including the Sulu Archipelago, hence the name.

Arthur Little
17th October 2014, 13:49
I wonder what happened to the member Tawi-Tawi? If I remember correctly he had travelled all over Mindanao including the Sulu Archipelago, hence the name.

:yeahthat:'s anyone's guess :cwm25: ... Jamie! Tawi was one of those blokes who had a habit of turning up for a while ... :anerikke: ... then "taking off" on his travels again at barely a moment's notice. :wink:

Ako Si Jamie
17th October 2014, 13:58
:yeahthat:'s anyone's guess :cwm25: ... Jamie! Tawi was one of those blokes who had a habit of turning up for a while ... :anerikke: ... then "taking off" on his travels again at barely a moment's notice. :wink:Yup he seemed like a globetrotter. Last time I saw him post I think he was in Benidorm.

irishman12
17th October 2014, 15:30
I base my views by my own research on the net and what different governments around the world advise, just because someone has been on the island and did not encounter any trouble on that particular trip has very little to do with the security situation there = you got lucky :wink:

I could probably walk around the streets of Peckham and Harlseden here in London at night and have no hassle at all but that doesn't make these 2 places safe

It's not about getting lucky - it's knowing which areas are dangerous. Like you say, there are places that are unsafe to go in London too, but if someone said the whole of London was unsafe - because of a few incidents there - would anyone visit there either?

irishman12
17th October 2014, 15:48
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/bomb-plot-manilas-international-airport-foiled-officials-n193116

Hmm, I guess I'll have to avoid Terminal 3 from now on!

Ako Si Jamie
17th October 2014, 15:54
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/bomb-plot-manilas-international-airport-foiled-officials-n193116

Hmm, I guess I'll have to avoid Terminal 3 from now on!

That was the incident at the beginning of September.

irishman12
17th October 2014, 16:34
http://www.topix.com/forum/world/philippines/TQAEQ0DH4T7M12I5E

I haven't the time to research why they were killed, but seems to me, more have died in Manila/Luzon than Mindanao - so I guess I'll avoid Manila from now on.

London_Manila
18th October 2014, 02:58
http://www.topix.com/forum/world/philippines/TQAEQ0DH4T7M12I5E

I haven't the time to research why they were killed, but seems to me, more have died in Manila/Luzon than Mindanao - so I guess I'll avoid Manila from now on.

Yes, good point and I am always looking over my shoulder when I am in Manila :wink:

Complacency is never a good idea in the Philippines

How about a trip to the Sulu Islands if you are feeling like a bit of adventure?

irishman12
18th October 2014, 14:35
Yes, good point and I am always looking over my shoulder when I am in Manila :wink:

Complacency is never a good idea in the Philippines

How about a trip to the Sulu Islands if you are feeling like a bit of adventure?

Well, if I had any inclination to go there, I wouldn't be basing my decision on the advice of someone that's never been there or - for that matter - probably never even been in the Philippines.

London_Manila
19th October 2014, 03:37
Well, if I had any inclination to go there, I wouldn't be basing my decision on the advice of someone that's never been there or - for that matter - probably never even been in the Philippines.

So would you take that view with Iraq and Syria also ?