PDA

View Full Version : New Boy

sala74
14th January 2006, 18:36
Hi There,
I just joined the site and wanted to say thanks to everyone who has writen down there own experiences, its really a massive help to know there`s people been down the same road as im going down. My position is, i`ve been dating a woman from Cagayan de Oro for 18 months, im 31 and she`s 24, I`ve been over 3 times already and am actually about to fly over there again on Thursday next week for another 2 weeks. We are going to marry in May and hopefully live in my home town of Edinburgh in the near future!!!!!(we know it takes time!!)
Im looking for advice on tourists visa`s!!! Just we`d both love it for her to come over for a few weeks before our May wedding, and i want to know how easy these are to come by and if it is possible to get one before May. Any advice or experience`s would be very grateful to hear, best wishes for 2006 from Scottish Stu
I

walesrob
14th January 2006, 19:04
Originally posted by sala74@Jan 14 2006, 05:36 PM
Hi There,
I just joined the site and wanted to say thanks to everyone who has writen down there own experiences, its really a massive help to know there`s people been down the same road as im going down. My position is, i`ve been dating a woman from Cagayan de Oro for 18 months, im 31 and she`s 24, I`ve been over 3 times already and am actually about to fly over there again on Thursday next week for another 2 weeks. We are going to marry in May and hopefully live in my home town of Edinburgh in the near future!!!!!(we know it takes time!!)
Im looking for advice on tourists visa`s!!! Just we`d both love it for her to come over for a few weeks before our May wedding, and i want to know how easy these are to come by and if it is possible to get one before May. Any advice or experience`s would be very grateful to hear, best wishes for 2006 from Scottish Stu
I

Quoted post

Hi Scottish Stu, and welcome to FilipinoUK.

I'm sure other members of the forum will agree with me when I say that getting a Tourist Visa for your lady to visit the UK will be almost impossible. How it works is that the Britsh Embassy Entry Clearance Officer must be satisfied that your lady will return to Philippines once the visa is up. I have heard of so many cases of tourist visa refusals, to me it just aint worth bothering with.

You will have better luck getting a Fiance or Spouse Visa, and anyway if your both getting married in May, why not go for the Spouse Visa - she can then join you in Scotland forever. OK, I know May is a long way off, and I know the seperation is painful, but trust me, it will be worth the hassle in the end.

Feel free to post back with any further questions, and we'll be happy to help.

Pauldo
14th January 2006, 19:06
Originally posted by sala74@Jan 14 2006, 06:36 PM
Hi There,
I

Quoted post

It's all pretty quick and effective now, merely a phone call and a few weeks and she could well have the visa.

Jump onto the Manila British embassy web site and have a good long careful read, then come back here and ask about the things that don't make sense. Don't worry, there are plenty of things to confuse and perplex you on their web site. :rolleyes:

Admin
14th January 2006, 19:19
Originally posted by Pauldo@Jan 14 2006, 06:06 PM
Don't worry, there are plenty of things to confuse and perplex you on their web site. :rolleyes:

Quoted post

You mean like all of it? :lol:

Forget the tourist visa, not worth getting a black mark at the embassy. Are you marrying here or the Phil?

sala74
15th January 2006, 11:44
Hi Guys,
Thanks for all the advice, it really helps having the chance to share my questions with people who have been through it all before. After May, we will be applying for the spouse visa, but i was just wondering if it was possible to have her over here for a few weeks until May arrives. I will check out the British Embassy in Manila`s web site, and if its worth a visit in person, i will go there when im passing through Manila on Friday. Again guys, thanks so much and i`ll always keep you in touch with our progress and im sure i`ll have many more questions i will seek advice for.
Scottish Stu

Admin
15th January 2006, 12:00
You found a Filipino that can understand Scottish :yikes: :D

Pauldo
15th January 2006, 13:01
Originally posted by sala74@Jan 15 2006, 11:44 AM
Hi Guys,
Thanks for all the advice, it really helps having the chance to share my questions with people who have been through it all before. After May, we will be applying for the spouse visa, but i was just wondering if it was possible to have her over here for a few weeks until May arrives. I will check out the British Embassy in Manila`s web site, and if its worth a visit in person, i will go there when im passing through Manila on Friday. Again guys, thanks so much and i`ll always keep you in touch with our progress and im sure i`ll have many more questions i will seek advice for.
Scottish Stu

Quoted post

There's not much point in going to the embassy yourself, as there is nothing you can do towards easing the visa process.

When the actual visa application is made your girl won't even go there herself, unless she needs an interview. The application is all done by courier, collected from your girls place and delivered to the embassy. They will reply within three weeks saying 'yes', 'no', or 'come to an interview'.

Oh, and they will relieve you of some £300 if it is a settlement visa she's after :cwm24:

:yikes:

Eljohno
15th January 2006, 14:25
Originally posted by sala74@Jan 14 2006, 05:36 PM
Hi There,
I

Quoted post

Hi,
welcome to the forum, there is no better website to go to for advice and a shoulder to lean on than here.

In regards to the tourist visa my friend who got married to a filipino guy last year and has been living in the Philippines for about 6 years just got refused a tourist visa for her husband just because they wanted to go to England for Christmas.

Unless it has changed very recently i would not bother with it.

The thing about this site is you get told the truth of how tough it can be sometimes but by the time you will apply for the settlement visa you will be well prepared.

Enjoy the forum...

John :Wave:

sala74
18th January 2006, 19:45
Hi Guys,
Again, thanks so much for the help and advice you`ve all given me and it really means alot to me that you take time to answer any questions i`ve asked. Its a rainy wednesday night in Edinburgh and im packing my bags for a couple of weeks in Sunny Camiguin Island, the beautiful island off the north of Mindanao. Its the fourth time i`ve made this trip in the last 18 months and if i can give a little advice to any of the guys who have never been to the Philippines, dont be scared,as long as you follow all the travel advices and practice safe traveling,its a really friendly and fun place to visit. I saw a few guys were saying Mindanao was a little unsafe to visit, well this will on my last 3 visits to Cagayan de Oro, i`ve never experienced anything but big smiles and alot of friendships, so if any of you guy`s are thinking of going there, all i can say to you is, its a real nice place to go. If yo have any questions about the area, i`ll be more than happy to answer any of your questions.
Oooh, before i forget, all woman love a scottish accent !!!! Best wishes, Scottish Stu :Wave: