PDA

View Full Version : Riding a bike in the UK is bad enough

Ako Si Jamie
21st September 2014, 11:26
I wouldn't even attempt to ride one in Russia going by the YouTube vids.

This cyclist was extremely lucky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58KrZ1KAVR0

Arthur Little
21st September 2014, 14:47
:iagree: ... due to the sheer volume of traffic on today's roads ... :anerikke: ... riding a bike's become pretty unsafe just about ANYWHERE!

Michael Parnham
21st September 2014, 15:44
These days everybody rides on the footpath and goes through red traffic signals and I was given to understand that they were serious traffic offences! :Erm:

Ako Si Jamie
21st September 2014, 18:48
Can't extract money from cyclists that's why nothing ever gets done about it. I've actually seen the police ignore people riding on the pavements. :NoNo:

Arthur Little
21st September 2014, 22:49
I've actually seen the police ignore people riding on the pavements. :NoNo:

Oh they do! But then ... :anerikke: ... if you think about it, the police realise that cyclists place themselves - and motorists alike - at much greater risk on busy main roads than they're likely to pose a danger (a nuisance admittedly) to pedestians when they are pedalling slowly along pavements.

Ako Si Jamie
22nd September 2014, 21:12
Oh they do! But then ... :anerikke: ... if you think about it, the police realise that cyclists place themselves - and motorists alike - at much greater risk on busy main roads than they're likely to pose a danger (a nuisance admittedly) to pedestians when they are pedalling slowly along pavements.

The trouble with a lot of cyclists is, that they are so damned arrogant. Whether they're riding on the road, pavement or on a footpath, they think everyone has to make way for them.

I'm talking about the ones that rush around as if there's no tomorrow - who have poor road sense - and seem oblivious to the hazards when they're racing about on pavements.

A colleague of mine broke his leg colliding with a cyclist who was using the pavement, and I was nearly decapitated by one, walking out of an alley.

Michael Parnham
23rd September 2014, 06:01
The trouble with a lot of cyclists is, that they are so damned arrogant. Whether they're riding on the road, pavement or on a footpath, they think everyone has to make way for them.

I'm talking about the ones that rush around as if there's no tomorrow - who have poor road sense - and seem oblivious to the hazards when they're racing about on pavements.

A colleague of mine broke his leg colliding with a cyclist who was using the pavement, and I was nearly decapitated by one, walking out of an alley.

And most don't have a bell - why? I thought that was a lawful requirement also!:Erm:

Ako Si Jamie
23rd September 2014, 09:34
And most don't have a bell - why? I thought that was a lawful requirement also! :Erm:

And not to mention proper lighting at night.

nitrox
23rd September 2014, 12:08
This one is pretty crazy also:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17ig4WziQzM

sars_notd_virus
23rd September 2014, 20:14
I wouldn't even attempt to ride one in Russia going by the YouTube vids.

This cyclist was extremely lucky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58KrZ1KAVR0

:yikes::yikes: He is lucky to be alive!!

London_Manila
26th September 2014, 17:42
Bikes and Hgv's don't mix well on London's roads