PDA

View Full Version : Rights of a fiancee visa holder

Jentobeharrison
17th September 2014, 16:10
Hello, I just want to ask something.

I am aware that my type of visa won't be allowed to benefit any kinds of public funds, does that include the NHS Treatment and also Dental treatment?

The NHS dental clinic told me that I have to pay £18.50 for checkup, xray, etc. and since I want my wisdom teeth to be removed, they have to check if its not something to do with the nerves or else it has to be the hospital who will do the procedure, they said if I have free NHS treatment then the surgery in the hospital will be free. But if the procedure doesn't have to do with my nerves, they can do it in dental clinic, which I have to pay £32.50 but it will be free if I have am entitled to NHS treatment.

Question, am I entitled to those?

Or if I am an FLR (M) visa holder, will I be entitled to that whilst I'm still unemployed?

Abigail
17th September 2014, 16:50
I am not sure about your visa restrictions but even if you go to an NHS dentist you normally have to pay something. It's just being NHS means they cannot charge you lots like a private one and nothing is that expensive. They are right about it being free if you have to go to the hospital though.

joebloggs
17th September 2014, 19:51
http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/1087.aspx?CategoryID=68&SubCategoryID=162

Terpe
17th September 2014, 20:42
Hello, I just want to ask something.

I am aware that my type of visa won't be allowed to benefit any kinds of public funds, does that include the NHS Treatment and also Dental treatment?

You are entitled to free NHS treatment.
Some things have charges for us all unless exempt.

Please review the detail in helpful link posted by joebloggs :xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
17th September 2014, 23:45
I am not sure about your visa restrictions but even if you go to an NHS dentist you normally have to pay something. It's just being NHS means they cannot charge you lots like a private one and nothing is that expensive. They are right about it being free if you have to go to the hospital though.

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'm currently waiting for the schedule to remove my wisdom tooth. That will be done in the NHS hospital so it's free (including the X-ray). Although I had to pay for the checkup with my dentist (like I always do every 6 months).

Jentobeharrison
18th September 2014, 00:40
The dental clinic will charge me £18.50 for band 1 course of treatment which includes examination, X-ray, scale and polish etc. and they will check if my wisdom teeth will affect my nerves, if it's not they can extract it but I have to pay £32 for it. Or if it will affect my nerves they will refer me to the hospital.

Michael Parnham
18th September 2014, 08:18
Jen, check if there is a University Dental Hospital in your area, I know there's one in Manchester you need to call them and try and register with them, it's all free. I've been using Sheffield University Dental Hospital since 1989 and had thousand's of pounds worth of treatment over the years, in fact I'm taking Maritess for her appointment this afternoon and my next visit is October 3rd. Good luck!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jentobeharrison
18th September 2014, 09:00
Thanks for the links and advices, and Michael that looks like a great idea! I have just asked some of my friends here if they happen to know a university dental hospital near our place

So it looks like I really have to pay £18.50 first

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/1781.aspx?CategoryID=74

Rayna, can you share to me your experience in removing your wisdom tooth in NHS hospital and what do I have to bring if ever?

I need my wisdom teeth (four wisdom teeth) to be removed because they cannot come out because my molars are blocking their way and it will just stuck there with half gums open which is not healthy

Abigail
18th September 2014, 09:44
What they might decide to do is take out a tooth further forward if your wisdom teeth are too close to the nerves and this will allow the wisdom teeth to come through and close up the gap they make

raynaputi
18th September 2014, 10:27
Thanks for the links and advices, and Michael that looks like a great idea! Ihave just asked some of my friends here if they happen to know a university dental hospital near our place

so it looks like i really have to pay £18.50 first

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/1781.aspx?CategoryID=74

Rayna, can you share to me your experience in removing your wisdom tooth in NHS hospital and what do I have to bring if ever?

I need my wisdom teeth (four wisdom teeth) to be removed because they cannot come out because my molars are blocking their way and it will just stuck there with half gums open which is not healthy

They haven't done mine yet. I'm still waiting for the appointment from the hospital. My lower right wisdom tooth is impacted. It grew sideways. My dentist referred me to the hospital for removal of the said tooth after he saw my xray.

Slip
18th September 2014, 14:48
Had my three remaining wisdom teeth out and a fourth tooth a couple of months ago, my dentist referred me to my local hospital and it was all done free of charge.