View Full Version : Life so cheap here - in this case for an ipad

tiger31
8th September 2014, 07:10
Link removed

I've removed the link ........
Terpe

les_taxi
8th September 2014, 07:26
Warning: Gunshot to head footage (Tiger, not sure if you can post a link to this)

tiger31
8th September 2014, 07:28
Warning: Gunshot to head footage (Tiger, not sure if you can post a link to this)

Oh, ok well, just go to dumagettenews.com and have a look.

les_taxi
8th September 2014, 07:54
It's unbelievable how they could do that just for a bloody Ipad :omg::doh

joebloggs
8th September 2014, 08:01
They should all get the death penalty if they are caught :cwm23:

les_taxi
8th September 2014, 08:18
Totally agree, if they can treat life so worthless then theirs should be treated the same.

Terpe
8th September 2014, 08:18
Dumaguete shooting incidents “alarming”

The spate of shooting incidents in Dumaguete City, at least four this month alone, has reached “alarming level,” all victims of which were allegedly linked to criminal activities, according to Supt. James Goforth, chief of the City Police.

Goforth also admitted the potential involvement of “vigilantes” wanting to sweep the city clean of crime perpetrators, although he said the police have no substantial evidence to confirm this public perception of “vigilantes” out on the streets again in a similar scenario in the city several years back.

Source:-
http://www.philstar.com/region/2013/06/28/959194/dumaguete-shooting-incidents-alarming

Terpe
8th September 2014, 08:20
oh ok well just go to dumagettenews.com and have a look.

Can you post a link to the story ?

tiger31
8th September 2014, 09:10
Can you post a link to the story ?

I,ll have a go

tiger31
8th September 2014, 09:11
http://dumaguetenews.com/2014/09/shooting-incident-bayawan-caught-cctv/

tiger31
8th September 2014, 09:11
Did that work?

tiger31
8th September 2014, 09:15
It's unbelievable how they could do that just for a bloody Ipad :omg::doh

What amazed me was it was in broad daylight with no covering on his face. Surely somebody will recognise the asshole. Pity it wasn,t in Davao - he would just vanish bullet to his own head - no trial needed. This happened about 3 hours drive from me.

Michael Parnham
8th September 2014, 13:44
It was always on local radio in Dumaguete that someone had been murdered - every few days in fact - but it never became local gossip, so we never knew how true it was because during the time I lived there it was never on the radio that any of the killers had been caught! :Erm:

fred
8th September 2014, 15:21
Did that work?

:NoNo:

cheekee
8th September 2014, 17:03
DUMAGUETE CITY, Philippines – The spate of shooting incidents in Dumaguete City, at least four this month alone, has reached “alarming level,” all victims of which were allegedly linked to criminal activities, according to Supt. James Goforth, chief of the City Police.

Goforth also admitted the potential involvement of “vigilantes” wanting to sweep the city clean of crime perpetrators, although he said the police have no substantial evidence to confirm this public perception of “vigilantes” out on the streets again in a similar scenario in the city several years back.

“Regardless of the background of a person, a criminal or not, it is still wrongful to take the law into one’s hands,” Goforth told The Freeman, adding that the way the shootings were carried out and the type of firearms used only showed the assailants were professional killers.

Last Wednesday morning, another shooting took place at Tinago Bridge going to Brgy. Canday-ong of this city where 29-year-old Crisforth Santillan Tantio was gunned down while driving his multi-cab on his way home after ferrying his children to school.

Inspector Don Richmond Conag, chief of the City Police investigation division, said Tantio’s vehicle reached the rising approach of Tinago Bridge when the assailants, riding on a motorcycle, came up from behind and shot the victim at close range.

Tantio succumbed to multiple bullet wounds and died instantly inside his multi-cab, which rolled backwards down the slope before it stopped, said Conag. No witnesses have so far surfaced to provide police with vital information to identify the attackers or determine the motive of the killing, he said.

At least 14 empty cartridges scattered on the bridge and a slug embedded in the vehicle were recovered by the police who believed that a high-powered automatic pistol, such as an Ingram or an Uzi or a KG-9 were used in killing Tantio, said Conag.

Based on the projectile of the gunshot wounds on the face and body of the victim, investigators said the perpetrators were tailing Tantio after the victim dropped off his children in school, said Conag.

Conag said the police were considering the illegal drug trade as a potential motive following reports that Tantio had a pending drug-related case in nearby Bacong town, but the Bacong Police has yet to confirm this with the Dumaguete Police.

Conag however said Tantio was not in the Dumaguete Police’s watchlist of suspected drug personalities although they are now validating reports that he was still “active” in the drug trade.

The killing of Tantio was the fourth shooting incident in the city this month of June, with all the victims allegedly linked to illegal activities. Conag said the police are now appealing for witnesses to appear and help in the investigations.

Terpe
8th September 2014, 21:00
Still can't find a link to the story about murder for an ipad.

Anyone?

cheekee
8th September 2014, 21:03
I found it but the site is down at the moment for maintenance

(or that's what is says anyway)

Terpe
8th September 2014, 21:07
DUMAGUETE CITY, Philippines – The spate of shooting incidents in Dumaguete City, at least four this month "..........

See post #7

Ako Si Jamie
8th September 2014, 21:18
Wouldn't it be reported by now in other media sources if it was true?

Terpe
8th September 2014, 21:21
Wouldn't it be reported by now in other media sources if it was true?

I'd have thought so too.
So far I've been unable to find any media reports anywhere. :Erm:

tiger31
9th September 2014, 02:04
I'd have thought so too.
So far I've been unable to find any media reports anywhere. :Erm:

I said it was an ipad because of the shape of the bag that was snatched. It may have been a tablet of some kind but the bag was flat in the shape of an ipad or similar .It was the motive for the killing, because as soon as the guy dropped dead, the shooter grabbed the bag and jumped on the scooter that was waiting

joebloggs
9th September 2014, 07:54
I've seen somewhere else he was carrying wages and also this: :NoNo:

I been told by relatives that the victim was known to be carrying a large amount of cash, but that it was about more than that. They are believing it to be a pro hit.

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/ipb/topic/75210-shooting-at-bayawan-negros-oriental/