PDA

View Full Version : Things to do in Mall of Asia Manila

KeithD
7th September 2014, 17:18
The SM Mall of Asia is located in the Central Business Park, Bay Boulevard, Bay City, Pasay, Philippines. As a matter of fact, Mall of Asia is the Philippines’ largest mall and the third largest mall in the whole world having an area of 407,000 square meters.
Mall of Asia is more than just a mall. It is one of the tourist destinations in the Philippines that have already raised the standard of shopping, fun, entertainment and leisure in the Philippines. It is one of the many landmarks in Manila to discover.
Inside the Mall of Asia is an amazing view and experience. You can shop, dine, and be entertained during your stay.

SHOPPING – You can shop all you want as long as you have the budget. There are various shops of different items that will suit your taste and wants.
DINING – When hunger strikes, no worries. There are different types of restaurants available that will satisfy your cravings for different styles of food, may it be Japanese, Italian, Asian, Chinese and Filipino foods. Name it and they have it.
ENTERTAINMENT – the SM Mall of Asia has an eight story high iMax Theatre, a Center stage for live events, a Skating Rink (which is the most visited attraction in the Mall), a cozy thirty seat Director’s club, a bowling alley, a 3D digital cinema and the Music Hall at the center of it all.
ATTRACTIONS – There are main attractions outside the mall that will surely satisfy adventurous tourists that would like to feel an adrenaline rush. The MOA EYE, this is the biggest ferris wheel in the Philippines. Each gondola can accommodate a maximum of six persons. Each ride is roughly a 10-minute ride for a complete revolution for only Php 150. Another attraction is the MOA ZIPLINE, you can have an extreme ride for only Php 150 and if you want a souvenir from that experience you can just add Php 100 for a photo souvenir frame.

The Mall of Asia does not only give you a great experience in shopping, but includes great accommodation and a choice of great restaurants overlooking the ocean in SM By The Bay, a Convention Center in SMX, a hi - tech facility in One E-Com Center Mall of Asia, and a Church. Indeed a great place to enjoy your stay!
http://filipinaroses.com/things-to-do-in-mall-of-asia-manila/ | Mall of Asia, Mall of Asia Manila, Things to do in Mall of Asia Manila, Things to do in MOA

Michael Parnham
7th September 2014, 18:03
I believe Mall of Asia is owned by the same person that owns PAL & Cebu Pacific! :Erm:

Arthur Little
7th September 2014, 19:11
I believe Mall of Asia is owned by the same person that owns PAL & Cebu Pacific! :Erm:

IS it, Michael? :cwm24: ... never knew that!

Mind you ... :anerikke: ... it's hardly surprising :NoNo: since these BIG-time entrepreneurs leave "no stone unturned" in looking for opportunities to build on their success.

Terpe
7th September 2014, 20:54
MOA is a must visit destination every time we're in Manila. :Jump:

SimonH
7th September 2014, 21:11
Can't get my head around this fascination people have for large shopping complexes :Erm:
I'm bad enough at shopping here but have it down to a fine art, I use one brand for tops, one for jeans, one for underwear, and 2 or 3 for shoes. I can be in and out of each shop within 5 minutes.
The thought of going shopping whilst on holiday :yikes:

Dedworth
7th September 2014, 21:15
Can't get my head around this fascination people have for large shopping complexes :Erm:
I'm bad enough at shopping here but have it down to a fine art, I use one brand for tops, one for jeans, one for underwear, and 2 or 3 for shoes. I can be in and out of each shop within 5 minutes.

You're not a loyal Marks & 'Spensive man then Simon

SimonH
7th September 2014, 21:17
You're not a loyal Marks & 'Spensive man then Simon

Nothing wrong with Matalan :xxgrinning--00xx3: They sell Pringle socks and under crackers there :wink:

Terpe
7th September 2014, 21:18

MOA isn't only about shopping

KeithD
7th September 2014, 21:26
MOA is about eating for me :hubbahubba:

Terpe
7th September 2014, 21:34
MOA is about eating for me :hubbahubba:

Have you tried Viking buffet

:hubbahubba::hubbahubba:

raynaputi
7th September 2014, 23:02
Have you tried Viking buffet

:hubbahubba::hubbahubba:

We'll try it next time we go back..It's quite expensive though, especially when it's with the whole family..hahaha :icon_lol:

grahamw48
7th September 2014, 23:29
Just watch out for old fools showing off on the ice rink . :cwm25:

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag455/grahamw58/PhilswithMerlyfeb2012051_zps5b36f1c9.jpg

cheekee
7th September 2014, 23:33
We are visiting after my appointment at the Embassy.

Is it close to the Embassy?

I haven't been to Manila before.

grahamw48
7th September 2014, 23:43
It's a couple of busy city miles...same side of town, so maybe take 20-30 mins in a taxi from Makati ?

Manila Bay seafront. :smile:

Michael Parnham
8th September 2014, 06:53
IS it, Michael? :cwm24: ... never knew that!

Mind you ... :anerikke: ... it's hardly surprising :NoNo: since these BIG-time entrepreneurs leave "no stone unturned" in looking for opportunities to build on their success.

Yes Arthur, his first business was standing outside a pharmacy with a little barrow selling bits and pieces and after a while the Pharmacy told him to clear off, now he owns SM he wouldn't allow that Pharmacy to trade in any of his Malls throughout the Philippines. Cant remember the name of the Pharmacy but can remember the name of the man who owns PAL etc I think his family name is Tan!:Erm:

fred
8th September 2014, 15:04
Drink beer upstairs whilst the Mrs is shopping and the kids are skating.

sars_notd_virus
9th September 2014, 18:00
J.Co Donuts and Coffee :hubbahubba:

stevewool
10th September 2014, 07:40
Fantastic sunsets over looking the bay from the MOA

Arthur Little
10th September 2014, 13:12
Can't remember the name of the Pharmacy but can remember the name of the man who owns PAL etc I think his family name is Tan! :Erm:

Mmm :icon_rolleyes: ... sounds Chinese! :icon_lol:

Iani
10th September 2014, 13:52
Been a bit (well very) disappointed by the food places in and near MOA. Last time we were there, the family group were adamant there was a fish restaurant there, and spent ages looking for it. When they eventually found it, it was like something from a shanty town. I wouldn't have even called it a restaurant, it was more like the sort of stall you see in dirty parts of town, frying things up (with few customers), next to an unlit corridor of an eating area. No bleeping way.,

So instead off they all trooped to somewhere they said was good called "Aristocrat". Well this place was like the sort of joint you'd end up in whilst a student after a drinking session at 3am. Well worn chipped tables, dirty ceiling, greasy windows - in short a dump. Oh well, we stayed for extremely mediocre food then left.

I'm not even that fussy, and some of the best meals I've ever had have been in stalls in SE Asia which by day are a car park, but, oh well, too high expectations perhaps

SimonH
10th September 2014, 14:06
Must admit, I was really disappointed with the food :cwm25: Other parts of SE Asia put the culinary skills of the Philippines to shame :Erm:

grahamw48
10th September 2014, 17:13
I don't think many go to the Phils for the food. :cwm25:

Michael Parnham
10th September 2014, 18:23
I don't think many go to the Phils for the food. :cwm25:

I'll agree with that Graham!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
10th September 2014, 18:59
Must admit, I was really disappointed with the food :cwm25: Other parts of SE Asia put the culinary skills of the Philippines to shame :Erm:

Singapore is great for street food stalls, very clean! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
10th September 2014, 19:22
Mmm :icon_rolleyes: ... sounds Chinese! :icon_lol:

Yes Arthur you're correct, there are many businesses in Philippines owned by Chinese, especially Hotels and various Shopping Malls! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
10th September 2014, 19:46
Westerners expect too much when in the Philippines. :smile:

stevewool
10th September 2014, 19:49
I don't, I have learnt the hard way, always carry wet ones as there is no toilet paper or soap :biggrin:

irishman12
10th September 2014, 21:05

They are rival airlines - Cebu Pacific is currently headed by Lance Gokongwei.

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/378274/economy/companies/san-miguel-signs-1-b-deal-to-sell-pal-stake-back-to-lucio-tan-group-source

grahamw48
10th September 2014, 22:27
Singapore is great for street food stalls, very clean! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

As is Hong Kong. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
11th September 2014, 00:45
As is Hong Kong. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

That'll be the *British influence :icon_rolleyes: ... and I don't think (*mucky buggers!) :biggrin:

cheekee
11th September 2014, 01:41
I don't, I have learnt the hard way, always carry wet ones as there is no toilet paper or soap :biggrin:

Me too, lol. I found that out first time I visited the SM mall in Cebu.

Michael Parnham
11th September 2014, 06:51
That'll be the *British influence :icon_rolleyes: ... and I don't think (*mucky buggers!) :biggrin:

You're right there Arthur! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

malolos
22nd September 2014, 17:18
Even Marks and Spencer are in there.

Michael Parnham
22nd September 2014, 17:39
M&S prices are considerably higher than in the UK! :Erm:

KeithD
22nd September 2014, 18:12
M&S prices are considerably higher than in the UK! :Erm:

Price doesn't matter when you want proper biscuits :biggrin:

Slip
22nd September 2014, 18:16

I found this out the day I had a very bad stomach and had to use the toilets in Robinsons mall.

Luckily for me I had put some tissues in my bag that morning....

Harlene laughed at me when I asked why they had no toilet roll... Was quite surprised when I said it is always available in UK toilets.

KeithD
22nd September 2014, 20:10
I always carry a copy of The Sun in case I get diarrhoea :biggrin:

Ako Si Jamie
22nd September 2014, 20:44
That reminds of the time when I went for a number two in the toilets in the Marquee Mall in Angeles.

Couldn't get out the cubicle. :doh

Tried climbing out but the door was about 9 foot tall. Ended up calling for assistance :Help1: and I emerged sheepishly from the cubicle, eventually, to a queue of bemused and grinning Pinoys. :xxparty-smiley-004:

On the latch of the door is a button that releases it, but this button looked like a screw which holds it to the door. :Erm:

Michael Parnham
23rd September 2014, 06:22
Price doesn't matter when you want proper biscuits :biggrin:

The very first thing I bought in M&S Philippines was a packet of Milk Chocolate Digestives!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
23rd September 2014, 10:13
The very first thing I bought in M&S Philippines was a packet of Milk Chocolate Digestives!:xxgrinning--00xx3:
First thing I did was resume my modelling career. :biggrin:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b258/grahamw48/MeatMandSMOA2012_zps16dc1c2f.jpg

grahamw48
23rd September 2014, 10:16
View out the back of Mall Of Asia...

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b258/grahamw48/MewithMerlyfeb2012MOA_zps828022cf.jpg

KeithD
23rd September 2014, 11:41
First thing I did was resume my modelling career. :biggrin:

During an earthquake :Erm:

grahamw48
23rd September 2014, 13:00
During an earthquake :Erm:

That's the effect I have on women (Mercedes) taking my pic. :biggrin: