PDA

View Full Version : Best ways to travel around Manila

KeithD
7th September 2014, 17:16
The capital city of the Philippines is Manila and according to Forbes, Manila is the most densely populated city in the world. Today, Manila has become an essential port and does exports in a diverse range of manufactured products from the Philippines. Manila’s tourist industry is also becoming famous, with several people that are choosing to have their travel to Manila to have a beautiful experience of a different way of life.

To enjoy and to make the best out of your stay in this city, here are the best ways to travel in Manila:

Getting around. The biggest problem during your travel in Manila would simply be getting around. Just like other cities, Manila has its enormous traffic problems. Especially during rush hours and rainy days, your patience will be tested. Fortunately, this not a huge problem for travelers since there is also available local transport in this city. There are a variety of transportation modes: taxi, jeepney (which catches travelers' attention for its uniqueness), and trains (MRT and LRT). As long as you can ride on the MRT and LRT, you will never get lost in Manila. With these two train types, you can tour and circled Manila.

What to bring with you? When in Manila, you should bring plenty of light clothing during your visit. Since the Philippines is a tropical country, Manila is hot and a humid, especially during summer.

Where to go and what to do? You will never get enough of Manila once you have seen its beauty. Especially for those people who love history and cultural attractions. Manila is rich in historical landmarks. There are a lot of places in the city that you will surely find fascinating. Here are some famous landmarks in Manila that you can visit:

Chinatown
Rizal Park
Malacaņang Palace
The national museum of the Philippines
Intramuros
Manila Zoo
Manila Ocean Park

Where to stay? In manila, there are a lot of world class hotels and amenities that will really suit your needs and that will also suit your budget.

The country’s motto: It is more fun in the Philippines. It is indeed. The government is now doing its best in the development of its tourist spots to attract visitors from foreign countries. They are giving their best efforts to beautify Manila, and at the same time to reduce the pollution in the capital city.

http://filipinaroses.com/best-ways-to-travel-around-manila/ | travel around Manila, ◾Manila Ocean Park, ◾Manila Zoo, ◾Rizal Park

Ako Si Jamie
7th September 2014, 18:53
The fare from Pasay in the south to Monumento in the north is equivalent to around 22 pence on the LRT. Can't grumble at that. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Longweekend
7th September 2014, 19:03
I love the place.....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
8th September 2014, 00:29
I wish I could just hop over the airport perimeter fence when I arrive.

My young lady lives right next to it. :smile:

DestyAlk
9th September 2014, 07:40
Hi, can anyone tell me the safest areas to stay for a couple nights in Manila and also the areas to avoid?

Ako Si Jamie
10th September 2014, 22:48
Makati is said to be the safest area in Manila to stay.

Jentobeharrison
10th September 2014, 22:59
Avoid Cubao. Lol. Generally it's not a safe place especially for foreigners but when my husband first visit in Ph, we stayed in a chic posh hotel located in Cubao, didn't know that the English guy beside him in the plane told him that Cubao is the most dangerous place so when I told him where we are going to stay he got shocked lol. But I managed to protect him though, nothing bad happened.

Best places to stay and safest places are Bonifacio Global City and Rockwell in Makati.

Ako Si Jamie
10th September 2014, 23:36
For anyone who doesn't know, Cubao is in Quezon City!

grahamw48
10th September 2014, 23:37
I have lots of relatives in Tondo and Caloocan. :cwm25:

London_Manila
11th September 2014, 01:23
I have lots of relatives in Tondo and Caloocan. :cwm25:

I take it you wont be visiting them then :wink:

London_Manila
11th September 2014, 01:46
Manila is certainly not Like Bangkok which I regard as safe.
"Whitey" will get into hassle in many places in Manila! Makati is ok most of the time, but i would not go walking around parts of Makati that I am not familiar with - cos it has its share of toe rags also.

No jewellery smart phones or expensive cameras.

Avoid any over-friendly Filipino males and Females.

The latest round of kidnappers in Manila have turned out to be the police = avoid and treat with extreme caution.

Don't give the dumb-ass security "professionals" any excuse to shoot you = yes they will!

Muggings and killings by taxi drivers is high.

I think that covers most of my concerns. :wink:

fred
11th September 2014, 05:14
Helicopter.

Jentobeharrison
11th September 2014, 07:52
Gutted that Makati City is not safe now as it used to be. Lots of prostitutes are there. But Rockwell, Makati is not and prostitutes (I think) aren't allowed to go inside.

Bonifacio Global City in Taguig is like the most posh areas in Metro Manila, so I am pretty sure it is safe to stay there.

And to add, Marikina City is safe too! Especially the district 1 where SM Marikina is.

Avoid Recto as well, and University Belt (both in Manila) - lots of pick pocket, snatchers and holduppers.

London_Manila
11th September 2014, 23:49
Pasig and particularly Cainta was safe as i use to do a lot of walking around this area and i never was hassled

Abigail
12th September 2014, 09:52
Just make sure wherever you are if you get in a taxi check they turn the meter on. If they don't or refuse to then as them to stop and get out