les_taxi
21st August 2014, 19:21
They always seem to waste the windfalls they get. :doh

Dedworth
21st August 2014, 19:23
Suckers :biggrin:

bigmarco
22nd August 2014, 11:44
Must confess I'm a bit surprised at Rodgers. One nutcase out and another in. :Erm:

Neu75
22nd August 2014, 21:27
They always seem to waste the windfalls they get. :doh

Fellaini? :laugher:

les_taxi
22nd August 2014, 21:55
Fellaini? :laugher:

From what windfall? :doh

Andy Carrol springs to mind :icon_lol:

KeithD
23rd August 2014, 10:38
He doesn't have a record anywhere near as bad as the likes of Suarez, or Scholes :biggrin:

If you ask me, for a guy likely to score 15+ goals a season, he's a bargain.

Suarez only played 2/3rds of all games at Liverpool, and strangely, they won more when he wasn't playing.

The way ManU have started the season, they may have to reach out to Joey Barton :icon_lol:

les_taxi
23rd August 2014, 11:05
After one game! Lol
We rebuilding will take all season.
Your rebuilding is nearly 25 years lol

KeithD
23rd August 2014, 11:19
After one game! Lol
We've won more trophies than Arsenal and Man City in that period :xxgrinning--00xx3:

les_taxi
23rd August 2014, 11:37
That's not saying much, we won more than everyone put together. You will beat Man Utd 25 year wait to land the title. Ha ha

3rd place for you boys this season!

Neu75
23rd August 2014, 11:39
After one game! Lol

With the squad that Fergie left you and what has happened since, I think your rebuilding will take years also!

Dedworth
23rd August 2014, 12:01
If you ask me, for a guy likely to score 15+ goals a season, he's a bargain.

Overpaid penalty taker

les_taxi
23rd August 2014, 12:17
With the squad that Fergie left you and what has happened since, I think your rebuilding will take years also!

Everyone knows that team had its day with players retiring. I'm under no illusion.

Won't be too long before we challenging again. One of Liverpool's problems was giving the jobs to ex Liverpool players instead of getting top coaches.

KeithD
25th August 2014, 10:18
Overpaid penalty taker

ManU must be really desperate paying £60m for Maria :cwm24: , especially as his goal scoring rate is low. He's only worth about 1/2 that, but ManU need players, and the teams selling know that.

les_taxi
25th August 2014, 11:24
ManU must be really desperate paying £60m for Maria :cwm24:, especially as his goal scoring rate is low. He's only worth about 1/2 that, but ManU need players, and the teams selling know that.

Yes that is true, but we have always been mugged in transfer market apart from king Eric.

KeithD
25th August 2014, 11:34
Yes that is true, but we have always been mugged in transfer market apart from king Eric.

The problem with ManU is that one minute they seem to be skint, the next minute they throw away billions. :doh Surely the scouts could find up and coming youngsters. It seems like Van is trying a quick fix. He's also talking very negatively, not really a promising start for the fans.

les_taxi
25th August 2014, 11:49
Liverpool tend to throw away money on Rubbish.

All teams want a quick fix and we have youngsters coming through. Trouble is, people compare it to when we had the golden crop of Giggs, Scholes, Beckham etc

Most big clubs can't wait around any more and, although we have one of the best youth systems, time waits for no-one.

He is saying it how it is - that's what the fans want to hear!
We have been in decline for 2 years and it's going to take ages to fix, but at least we have a proven winner at the wheel.

No-honest Man Utd fan thinks we will win anything this season - top 4 is the best we can hope for this season.

The main thing I want to see is an improvement in the football we play.

Ako Si Jamie
25th August 2014, 12:46
Brendan Rogers has terrific man management skills. For £16m I think it's a gamble worth taking for a world class striker, despite his history.

andy222
25th August 2014, 12:50
Brendan Rogers has terrific man management skills. For £16m I think it's a gamble worth taking for a world class striker, despite his history.
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

les_taxi
25th August 2014, 14:15
world class striker
:icon_lol: World class my ass

andy222
25th August 2014, 14:25
I would say a bit better than Diego Forlan. How much did he cost? :biggrin: And another one, Juan Sebastián Verón: £28m from Lazio.

les_taxi
25th August 2014, 15:28
Forlan 7.5 million

I've got a better one for you and don't have to go back years and years

Andy Carrol bought by King Kenny for 35 mil-sold 2 years later with 20 mil loss :icon_lol:

Anyway, Andy you have no qualifications to discuss football on here being a Baggies fan - it's like someone who can light a firework thinking he is a rocket scientist :icon_lol:

KeithD
25th August 2014, 15:56
I am a rocket scientist.... :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Anyone got a match? :Erm:

les_taxi
25th August 2014, 16:20
There is a Match on later but it won't set the premiership on fire :biggrin:

KeithD
25th August 2014, 16:30
There is a Match on later but it won't set the premiership on fire :biggrin:
Well, it won't be any worse than the snail pace Manu games this season :smile:

les_taxi
25th August 2014, 16:55
Damn you got me on that one:doh

Dedworth
25th August 2014, 19:34
Balotelli - a mug buy, after he's dragged some young Liverpool players down to his level it will all end in tears

Be interesting to see how the other ego merchants Stevie Mee & Sturridge handle it :biggrin:

Neu75
26th August 2014, 07:37
Everyone knows that team had its day with players retiring. I'm under no illusion.

Won't be too long before we challenging again. One of Liverpool's problems was giving the jobs to ex Liverpool players instead of getting top coaches.

Moyes, a top coach :laugher:

les_taxi
26th August 2014, 07:43
Moyes, a top coach :laugher:

Was not refering to united-liverpool:doh
As for Moyes he was soon dispatched:biggrin:

Dedworth
26th August 2014, 08:35
Rodgers comes out with the old Irish blarney explaining how Loserpool are a sanctuary for troubled individuals :biggrin:

"He knows his flaws and faults and he's looking for someone to help him and there is no better club than Liverpool."

les_taxi
26th August 2014, 09:12
I thought it was about winning trophies, not care in the community!

Neu75
26th August 2014, 13:24
Was not refering to united-liverpool:doh
As for Moyes he was soon dispatched:biggrin:

Understanding sarcasm i.e. comparisons is not one of your strong points :icon_lol:

les_taxi
26th August 2014, 13:39
Talking anything worth reading about is clearly not one of your strong points.

Neu75
26th August 2014, 13:43
Talking anything worth reading about is clearly not one of your strong points

That makes no sense.....:doh

Doesn't surprise me.

les_taxi
26th August 2014, 13:47
I will make it simpler for you. Your posts are not worthy of reading. Like someone said, you're like a little sniper taking a cheap shot and running for cover!

KeithD
26th August 2014, 16:14
I see a number of ManU fans are not happy with the price paid for the new winger. They could have bought the Southampton team for that :xxgrinning--00xx3:

les_taxi
26th August 2014, 17:17
I see a number of ManU fans are not happy with the price paid for the new winger. They could have bought the Southampton team for that :xxgrinning--00xx3:

We have to spend like there is no tomorrow to get anywhere near even your lot it pains me to say :doh

KeithD
26th August 2014, 18:13
We have to spend like there is no tomorrow to get anywhere near even your lot it pains me to say :doh
You can have our goalie and Johnson for FREE :biggrin:

les_taxi
26th August 2014, 18:59
I always liked Pepe Reina, why did you get rid? Johnson is one of those living off some weird reputation that he has never earned.

Our keeper is fine. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
26th August 2014, 19:03
No idea what happened with Reina.... great goalie.... Mingstoilet is just average :biggrin:

Ako Si Jamie
26th August 2014, 20:14
I would say a bit better than Diego Forlan. How much did he cost? :biggrin: And another one, Juan Sebastián Verón: £28m from Lazio. Not to mention Kleberson, Saha, Anderson, Nani and chumps like Danny Wallace and Peter Davenport who in today's money had combined transfer fees of around £30m

Dedworth
26th August 2014, 20:30
Not to mention Kleberson, Saha, Anderson, Nani and chumps like Danny Wallace and Peter Davenport who in today's money had combined transfer fees of around £30m

How about that other great Ferguson signing Jamie, £4.5 million goalie Massimo Taibi :laugher:

les_taxi
26th August 2014, 20:54
Yep, we made some duffers, but through all the mistakes, we are the most successful team in the premiership and in Sir Alex the greatest manager ever.

Anyone else got 20 titles? :icon_lol:

raynaputi
26th August 2014, 21:29
MK Dons 4 - 0 Man U

:laugher:

Ako Si Jamie
26th August 2014, 23:53
MK Dons 4 - 0 Man U

:laugher:I heard they fielded a weakened team!
And I'm referring to MK Dons :laugher:

Ako Si Jamie
27th August 2014, 00:02
How about that other great Ferguson signing Jamie £4.5 million goalie Massimo Taibi :laugher:And then there was ...................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWqybN5FZk0