PDA

View Full Version : When Ben Fogle heads out to the remote Phillipines to visit Neil Hoag

fred
6th August 2014, 23:49
Worth a watch!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1itjmq_ben-fogle-new-lives-in-the-wild-series-2-3of4-leyte-philippines-720p-hdtv-x264-aac-mvgroup-org_shortfilms&start=139 (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1itjmq_ben-fogle-new-lives-in-the-wild-series-2-3of4-leyte-philippines-720p-hdtv-x264-aac-mvgroup-org_shortfilms&start=139)

London_Manila
7th August 2014, 01:22
Thanks I enjoyed watching that :smile:

It looks a bit too rural for me but I admire westerners who can adapt to that lifestyle

fred
7th August 2014, 05:55
I lived even more Rural than that in Bicol when we went bust here back then..I was 21 years old and quite enjoyed it for just over a year.. The Carzy was a hole in the ground and the wash room had a hand pump that was a bugger to prime.. The two old women fed me rice and gabbi leaves cooked in Gata everyday and if I was lucky the local drunks would invite me over for a free gallon of Tuba!
Good ole days!! Learned a lot about life at that time.

That Yank is living a life of luxury!
He must be rich living in a house as big as that!! :icon_lol:

stevewool
7th August 2014, 06:52
I watched this, he seemed a little odd to me, but hey ho he made the move that many just dream about

fred
7th August 2014, 06:58
I watched this, he seemed a little odd to me, but hey ho he made the move that many just dream about

Yes..Very odd character.
From what I could gather, he works in the States as a cab driver..Obviously, on and off.

stevewool
7th August 2014, 07:21
He must make a great deal of cash, just to get the air fare back and forth to the States and then live from month to month on the rest,

stevewool
7th August 2014, 07:23
I lived even more Rural than that in Bicol when we went bust here back then..I was 21 years old and quite enjoyed it for just over a year.. The Carzy was a hole in the ground and the wash room had a hand pump that was a bugger to prime.. The two old women fed me rice and gabbi leaves cooked in Gata everyday and if I was lucky the local drunks would invite me over for a free gallon of Tuba!
Good ole days!! Learned a lot about life at that time.

That Yank is living a life of luxury!
He must be rich living in a house as big as that!! :icon_lol:

We all have been through difficult times in our lives, you either sit back or move on, better if you move on I say

tiger31
7th August 2014, 15:02
What I can,t truly understand is why the hell he built a house so far up a hill and so far out. Looking at him, he is,nt exactly the fittest geezer in town at 45 - so how,s he going to be in another 5 years' time climbing those stairs. What the hell was he thinking about?

lordna
7th August 2014, 15:03
Great film. However, if he had drunk the Tuba before the beer he wouldn't have been sick.

fred
7th August 2014, 15:08
What I can,t truly understand is why the hell he built a house so far up a hill and so far out. Looking at him, he is,nt exactly the fittest geezer in town at 45 - so how,s he going to be in another 5 years' time climbing those stairs. What the hell was he thinking about?

I suppose he built the house over the girls' original nipa hut with holes in the roof etc which just happened to sit up there on top of a hill..

He`s not the fittest geezer in New York as he sits on his .... in a Taxi all day.

Perhaps going up and down that hill all day might change top heaviness?

fred
7th August 2014, 15:09
Great film. However, if he had drunk the Tuba before the beer he wouldn't have been sick.

True..Also if he had mixed the beer with the Tuba he would also not have been sick.

tiger31
7th August 2014, 15:18
I suppose he built the house over the girls' original nipa hut with holes in the roof etc which just happened to sit up there on top of a hill..

He`s not the fittest geezer in New York as he sits on his .... in a Taxi all day.

Perhaps going up and down that hill all day might change top heaviness?

Plus being a smoker for a long time will have taken its toll on his lungs, so again his decision to live up a huge flight of stairs is really puzzling to me. You can see a heart attack coming along one day climbing that lot. Well, good luck to him.

lordna
7th August 2014, 17:53
True..Also if he had mixed the beer with the Tuba he would also not have been sick.

Normal practice in Tacloban and surrounding areas seems to be to mix the tuba with Coke!

On the times I had a heavy session drinking Tuba, we would go out and wash it down with a few beers. Suprisingly drinking the beer made you feel a lot better. Beer first then Tuba was a definite :NoNo::NoNo::NoNo: