PDA

View Full Version : ignorant know-it-alls

equaliser
7th January 2006, 14:07
Hi guys

How do you deal with morons ? I was chatting to an aquaintance about my forthcoming marriage to my filipina fiancee when he started to spout off that they were all after money and I would be better off going with him to Thailand and rent a girl for 14 quid a night. I tried to point out that I was not interested in the slappers he was talking about, but was marrying a wonderful woman who just happened to be from the Phils. All to no avail of course as he continued to waffle that all women from the Far East just wanted a visa and money. I had to walk away before I punched him in the mouth. :angry:

Any of you had to deal with this?

Eljohno
7th January 2006, 14:21
Originally posted by equaliser@Jan 7 2006, 01:07 PM
Hi guys

How do you deal with morons ? I was chatting to an aquaintance about my forthcoming marriage to my filipina fiancee when he started to spout off that they were all after money and I would be better off going with him to Thailand and rent a girl for 14 quid a night. I tried to point out that I was not interested in the slappers he was talking about, but was marrying a wonderful woman who just happened to be from the Phils. All to no avail of course as he continued to waffle that all women from the Far East just wanted a visa and money. I had to walk away before I punched him in the mouth. :angry:

Quoted post

Hi,
you will always get someone who will say things like that but the truth is they usually do not have a clue what they are talking about.

Some people seem to think just because you meet someone from a place like the Philippines then they are only after your money and a passport to freedom which in some cases is true.

Some of my friends were a little sceptical also but when they got to know how amazing my wife is then they realised we married only because we had fallen in love.

Not sure if i would want to be friends with someone who wants to just go and pay for sex, not a great example and maybe if a person like that just wants sex its best to keep him as far away from the Philippines as possible.

John

Pauldo
7th January 2006, 14:34
Originally posted by equaliser@Jan 7 2006, 02:07 PM
Hi guys

How do you deal with morons ? I was chatting to an aquaintance about my forthcoming marriage to my filipina fiancee when he started to spout off that they were all after money ....

Quoted post

You mean they aren't ??????? :o

;)

Seriously though, never argue with an idiot, they will only drag you down to their level and beat you with YEARS of experience.

ginapeterb
7th January 2006, 14:45
Originally posted by Pauldo@Jan 7 2006, 01:34 PM
You mean they aren't ??????? :o
;)

Seriously though, never argue with an idiot, they will only drag you down to their level and beat you with YEARS of experience.

Quoted post

Hello Equalizer,

Sadly as others have said, you will get this sort of repugnant commentary from so called freinds, and as the others have said, I have to say, I also had to deal with this, but what I found was, to associate with like minded people really helps, when I first joined Keith on this Forum, way way back at the start of my courtship to Gina, I needed to get the support of those who had been through what I was going through, I was glad to make Keiths acquaintance, in due course, I went on to meet others who were just like me, I was in a pub one night local to where I live, and I was talking about my association and relationship with a Filipino, sadly a woman actually made some comments, they made me sick, all i could do is leave and go home, I never did go back to the Pub again, I tended to keep out of them, then I found this forum, and joined, ever since I made it my business to find like minded people.

During my courtship with Gina I stayed close to this Forum and made freindships with other guys who were in my situation, I met my best freind Steve in exactly this way, we actually met at the Philippine Embassy in 2003, we both showed up to get a visa for our over the 21 day stay at christmas of that year, we stayed in touch, and became really good freinds, now his wife and mine are very good freinds, and Ive made lots of contacts along the way, been on the telephone with Rob and Elsa, Keith and Ping, and lots of others, like minded people are never negative about your relationship, the simple fact of truth is this.

You cannot explain your relationship with a Philippines lady to xenophobic people, they will never understand, just try to defend her, but if you cant get anywhere, drop those so called "mates" and move on, thats the best advice I could give, everyone who is xenophobic or small minded will always think that your GF is just after a visa and money, best of luck Equalizer, stay with the guys here on this forum, you will be much better off.

Best of luck with your courtship and future marriage, youve got lots of friends here, although we are all around the country, we will stick with you, and we wont poke fun at your choice of bride.

Warmest regards

Pete and Gina

Admin
7th January 2006, 15:06
My wife now has her own money and a UK passport....and she's still with me!! :blink:

Most Westerns opion of the Asia is taken from watching crap like Panorama, and what they see in the media. UK Man met lovely Filipino, married, and lived happily ever after is not really news is it, so you don't read about it.

deepete
7th January 2006, 17:58
Most women in the world make a sub conscious selection of their partner based on who they think is going to be a good provider and father healthy strong children, thats why you get good looking women with some real ugly brutes.

Filipino women have voted with their feet and know there is a big world out there that appreciate their virtues, wasted on a lot of their menfolk who think they are gods gift to women.

Dont worry about what people think, if it makes you happy go with the flow.

Someone told me something similar to your aquantance and Thailand,

If it Flies, Floats or F---s, rent dont buy...funny, but you will end up lonely.

Pauldo
7th January 2006, 19:15
Originally posted by ginapeterb@Jan 7 2006, 02:45 PM
Hello Equalizer,

You cannot explain your relationship with a Philippines lady to xenophobic people, they will never understand, just try to defend her, but if you cant get anywhere, drop those so called "mates" and move on, thats the best advice I could give, everyone who is xenophobic or small minded will always think that your GF is just after a visa and money, best of luck Equalizer, stay with the guys here on this forum, you will be much better off.

Quoted post

I don't believe anyone on this forum fits that mould, but I generally find most all English people are like it to a certain degree. I left England 15 years ago to get away from the xenophobic sad mentality of the average Brit, but ended up moving back after 12 years for some silly reason. Nothing had changed, just got worse if anything.

I don't even go to pubs anymore, as nobody I meet there will have anything of interest to say to me. Most are too tied up in their own little English world to listen to anything I have to say about my 15 years travelling the globe. Any conversation usually devolves to football, house prices or drinking. I do love people watching though. I'll spend hours sitting in a cafe or bar somewhere, just to observe the small image that people carry around to present to others, rather like a snail with it's 'image' on it's back, to crawl into when need be. If they don't realise you are watching they will lower their shell for a while and expose the naked ape underneath.

I've been to 38 countries so far, some for a day, some for years, but sometimes I feel that I haven't learned anything through travelling, except a general dislike for people. I thought I really would gain a greater understanding of what makes people tick, but it was the opposite; the more I learned about the world and its occupants, the more I felt I didn't understand it.

:blink:

:unsure:

Jeez, that got awful philosophical all of a sudden. Must be the overdose of Lemsip capsules and Salabat Ginger Tea I brought back from the Philippines with me :(

I picked up a bug from the air con in the hotel and I feel like $hit now :(

Admin
7th January 2006, 19:31
I bet if you asked the kids of today where the Philippines are, less than 5% would get it right.

equaliser
9th January 2006, 00:24
Hi guys

Thanks for your opinions. I know in my heart that I am marrying a wonderful woman who loves me, and really , anyone else's views on the matter is of no real concern to me. Especially if they are just spouting off on some twisted and racist view.

That guy is no friend of mine , and as they say here in Northern Ireland , he is "a bit of a slabber" . Just wanted to get it off my chest. No point arguing with an idiot.

I appreciate this forum for bringing like-minded people together. People that appreciate wonderful filipina partners.

Best of luck to you all,

Brian

Admin
9th January 2006, 09:38
People that appreciate wonderful filipina partners.

That depends on the bill for the weekly fish :lol:

deepete
9th January 2006, 13:40
Originally posted by admin@Jan 9 2006, 09:38 AM
That depends on the bill for the weekly fish :lol:

Quoted post

My wife has acclimatised now, she loves jellied eels.

It used to be awful in the early years with dried fish cooked in vinegar, led to lots of rows, she also liked mango or cucumber dips with vinegar

ginapeterb
9th January 2006, 19:10
Originally posted by deepete@Jan 9 2006, 12:40 PM

It used to be awful in the early years with dried fish cooked in vinegar, led to lots of rows, she also liked mango or cucumber dips with vinegar

Quoted post

Ask Keith about Pings special meal..and him passing out from the fumes.

Pauldo
9th January 2006, 21:34
Originally posted by deepete@Jan 9 2006, 01:40 PM

Quoted post

Dried fish was banned from my house when we lived over there.

I can't for the life of me imagine why anyone would put up with that rancid abbatoir-floor stench just to taste something disgusting :unsure: :( :blink: :blink:

Admin
10th January 2006, 22:34
Originally posted by Pauldo@Jan 9 2006, 08:34 PM
...............I can't for the life of me imagine why anyone would put up with that rancid abbatoir-floor stench just to taste something disgusting :unsure: :( :blink: :blink:

Quoted post

Come on, McDonalds isn't that bad :lol:

meagan
20th January 2006, 19:16
hi!
my husband had an experience like yours before she marry me. Some of his friends told me that Filipinas are gold digger. Well, I can't blame them why they think like that, because some of the filipinas are. I am not saying all but some are. just please. (of course, I am not like that!)please be careful. take time to know her. To know her intentions. There are many horrible stories that I have learned that Filipnas just used their western husbands to get visas and to to get money.My husband have watched a documentary on TV about the filipina who killed her british husband because of money and some things. She I think, chopped him with a knife. Horrible isn't it?
Just be careful please. There are still many filipinas out there who values LOVE much more than money, and they will be very good wives.

:BouncyHappy:
Meagan

Originally posted by equaliser@Jan 7 2006, 01:07 PM
Hi guys

Quoted post

Pauldo
20th January 2006, 22:24
Originally posted by admin@Jan 10 2006, 10:34 PM
Come on, McDonalds isn't that bad :lol:

Quoted post

Anybody fancy a McBalut??? :vomit-smiley-011:

(That Smilie is just so perfect for this post)

Joey
2nd April 2006, 15:47
I'm back!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(equaliser &#064; Jan 7 2006, 09&#58;07 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hi guys

How do you deal with morons ? I was chatting to an aquaintance about my forthcoming marriage to my filipina fiancee when he started to spout off that they were all after money and I would be better off going with him to Thailand and rent a girl for 14 quid a night. I tried to point out that I was not interested in the slappers he was talking about, but was marrying a wonderful woman who just happened to be from the Phils. All to no avail of course as he continued to waffle that all women from the Far East just wanted a visa and money. I had to walk away before I punched him in the mouth. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif

[/b][/quote]

I think that I would have said something like, "I never took you for a racist." If my wife was there, I just might have punched him to defent her honor.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(admin &#064; Jan 9 2006, 04&#58;38 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
That depends on the bill for the weekly fish style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif
[/b][/quote]

My fish bill wasn&#39;t so bad until she discovered lobster&#33;

lefthandseat
5th May 2006, 10:50
I agree totally with the previous comments about the ignorance and stupidity of many people when the talk about foreign girlfriends/fiancees/wives.

However, it is a sad fact that there are many girls on the various dating websites who make no secret of the fact that they want money, and many of these are prepared to do anything for it. I am sure many guys will have experienced the girls who make contact wanting to chat, and then offer to &#39;go naked&#39; for money.

Also, there are many other girls who do not offer to &#39;go naked&#39;, but who ask almost immediately for money - for college fees, medical help for their parents, and many other reasons.

I have no way of knowing how many of these requests are genuine, but I am sure that some of them wil be. However, these girls need to realise that they are bringing great shame on the vast majority of females from the far east who are entirely genuine and decent.

On a similar theme, the Yorkshire Post newspaper recently carried an article about a man (I think around 60) who had sent in excess of £14,000 to a &#39;girl&#39; who had promised to come to live with him and marry him.

I have had personal experience of these scams (although I did not part with one single penny&#33;&#33;), and I am amazed that anyone could be so gullible as to send large amounts of money to a &#39;girl&#39; whom he has known for a few minutes.

deepete
5th May 2006, 11:32
Thinking about having my bits cut off and getting some silicon tits

style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Grin.gif

Eljohno
5th May 2006, 22:30
On my recent trip to the Philippines i met an American guy on the ferry who was going to the same city where my wife lives. He said he was going to meet a girl he had met on the net but as he was staying at the same hotel that both Rhea and myself where staying i got to know more about him and i could not believe how gullible he was.

The story goes that he had started to get to know a girl he met on the net and over a period of two years had sent this girl &#036;4,000 without ever meeting her. They had started to plan their lives together and the money i guess was towards the wedding plans but to cut down the story he found out that the girl was in fact a Gay Man and he was actually going to track this guy down and try and get his money back. The last i heard he had just handed over another 50,000 pesos to a lawyer who promised that he would be able to get all his money back. This American i thought would have caught on when he asked "what name shall i send you the money" (via western union) and the answer came back" Rudolf," but he kept sending the money anyway.

Fools and their money are easy parted style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Doh.gif

ivor&mel
5th May 2006, 22:45
On my recent trip to the Philippines i met an American guy on the ferry who was going to the same city where my wife lives. He said he was going to meet a girl he had met on the net but as he was staying at the same hotel that both Rhea and myself where staying i got to know more about him and i could not believe how gullible he was.

The story goes that he had started to get to know a girl he met on the net and over a period of two years had sent this girl $4,000 without ever meeting her. They had started to plan their lives together and the money i guess was towards the wedding plans but to cut down the story he found out that the girl was in fact a Gay Man and he was actually going to track this guy down and try and get his money back. The last i heard he had just handed over another 50,000 pesos to a lawyer who promised that he would be able to get all his money back. This American i thought would have caught on when he asked "what name shall i send you the money" (via western union) and the answer came back" Rudolf," but he kept sending the money anyway.

Fools and their money are easy parted :doh

You wonder how many more cases there are like that, and what effect it has... And how the hell they could get into that situation in the first place... Incidents like that sadden me... but make me realise how fortunate some of us are...

Ivor and Mel

Admin
6th May 2006, 06:42
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(deepete &#064; May 5 2006, 11&#58;32 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Thinking about having my bits cut off and getting some silicon tits

style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Grin.gif
[/b][/quote]
We&#39;ll turn you into a scouser yet style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Wave.gif

angina_pectoris
7th May 2006, 19:06
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(equaliser &#064; Jan 7 2006, 02&#58;07 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hi guys

How do you deal with morons ? I was chatting to an aquaintance about my forthcoming marriage to my filipina fiancee when he started to spout off that they were all after money and I would be better off going with him to Thailand and rent a girl for 14 quid a night. I tried to point out that I was not interested in the slappers he was talking about, but was marrying a wonderful woman who just happened to be from the Phils. All to no avail of course as he continued to waffle that all women from the Far East just wanted a visa and money. I had to walk away before I punched him in the mouth. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif

[/b][/quote]

Hi&#33; I&#39;m sorry, I&#39;m a newbie here, but, can I just say something or rather give a testimony.

I&#39;m a Filipina married to a British person. More than 4 years ago my husband had the same problem. Some of his so called friends thought I was just after his money and a UK residency. Now we are nearly four years married. I have a good job, I can still keep our house clean, can still cook dinner for my husband (every night), helps him pay our mortgage and bills... etc., etc., I can go on and on forever saying how decent Filipina wives can be... bottom line... we still love each other and we are still living together in one roof.

But on the other hand, there are some indecent Filipinas out there who are basically gold digger... or should I rephrase that, all indecent women are gold diggers, whether they are from the orient or from europe&#33;

...and just for the record... I did not meet my husband through dating site.... anyway, I hope and pray that you may live happily ever after with your chosen wife whoever she will be.[u]

walesrob
7th May 2006, 20:46
angina_pectoris makes some valid points. But we all know that love conquers all&#33;

Admin
8th May 2006, 06:51
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(walesrob &#064; May 7 2006, 08&#58;46 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
angina_pectoris makes some valid points. But we all know that love conquers all&#33;
[/b][/quote]
I&#39;m going to be sick style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Grin.gif

Eljohno
8th May 2006, 20:48
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(walesrob &#064; May 7 2006, 08&#58;46 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

Rob i never thought i would hear you being so romantic style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh.gif

baboyako
8th May 2006, 21:24
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(angina_pectoris &#064; May 7 2006, 07&#58;06 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> I can still keep our house clean, can still cook dinner for my husband (every night)
[/b][/quote]
can you give asawa ko lessons? style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Grin.gif

love8888
17th May 2006, 10:17
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(angina_pectoris &#064; May 7 2006, 07&#58;06 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

...and just for the record... I did not meet my husband through dating site....
[/b][/quote]

Well, it doesn&#39;t matter whether you meet your husband through a dating website or not as long as both of you love each other for the rest of your life style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/BouncyHappy.gif

Eljohno
17th May 2006, 12:58
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(love8888 &#064; May 17 2006, 10&#58;17 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Well, it doesn&#39;t matter whether you meet your husband through a dating website or not as long as both of you love each other for the rest of your life style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/BouncyHappy.gif
[/b][/quote]

Although i never met my wife on the Internet i have been encouraging my friends to use it as it is a great way of meeting people. A few years ago it was said that only desperate people used the net to try and find their future partner but now it is a multi million pound industry and millions of people around the world are signed up to Dating Agencies. As long as people are careful with who they are chatting with and not take it to seriously but just enjoy the experince then i think Internet Dating will be around for many years.

russ01539
27th June 2006, 20:33
I thought I would have exactly the same problem as you equaliser, coming from a bigoted small northern town. My friends were a bit wary of what I was doing when I first told them about Wena, but they have all bothered to come round and chat to her online and get to know her, and at least give her a chance.

Maybe I have friends who don't like, but none have said anything other than good things to me - so in my wisdom I would say I am pretty good at choosing my friends. In fact one of them has just come back from Phils. recently getting engaged to a friend of my fiance.

But I will let u know if i ever do get any comments like that- if i do my response will be met with a wry smile, a smile in the knowledge that my asawa ko will bring me greater hapiness than he/she will ever know.

Philip
27th June 2006, 23:12
I get crappy comments like that about my so called "mail order bride from Thailand!" Thailand!?!?! :Erm: :icon_lol: etc just about every day at work.

To begin with it really got to me, I work in Royal Mail and despite all their efforts for equality etc it's still a haven for racist ignorant assholes, but I refuse to let them get to me now. :Rasp:

mrsfrivolity
28th June 2006, 08:05
I get crappy comments like that about my so called "mail order bride from Thailand!" Thailand!?!?! :Erm: :icon_lol: etc just about every day at work.

To begin with it really got to me, I work in Royal Mail and despite all their efforts for equality etc it's still a haven for racist ignorant assholes, but I refuse to let them get to me now. :Rasp:

yeah...don't let them get to you. it will be so much fun when your lady finally arrive and the first thing you do is to introduce them to her..she'll wow them all and they'll all be wishing they've got a Filipina bride. :)

Eljohno
28th June 2006, 08:52
Some people even friends can be insensitive but as it has been said you let people get to know your wife and the remarks will stop. I never had that problem from friends or family but from some people i did not know so well so i never let it bother me. My father never took much interest in the fact i was getting married last year and never even helped pay for any of the wedding but now Rhea is here he tells me off anytime i call to see him and do not bring the wife.I think he likes the fact that Rhea shows him so much respect....

KeithD
28th June 2006, 09:02
Thing is, it's not always racism, more jealousy......they are probably stuck with fat ugly useless wives, while you have to put up with a Goddess :)

fontain
28th June 2006, 10:14
Yeah, I would agree with Keith on that.

I`m a young guy and have done alright with the ladies over here, but in truth they are just such munters motivated by totally the wrong things.

Its all about competition and status and stupid massive sunglasses.

And most guys are too afraid to be alone for a little while that they settle for some old battleaxe who used to be the local bike and then spend the rest of there life's moaning about it and judging others.

Do what makes U happy people and boIIox to anyone that thinks otherwise !!

KeithD
28th June 2006, 14:33

:NoNo: It's just not right when people agree with me :D

ivor&mel
28th June 2006, 14:41
Yep... have to agree with that :D

KeithD
28th June 2006, 16:02
:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

russ01539
4th July 2006, 21:02

I`m a young guy and have done alright with the ladies over here, but in truth they are just such munters motivated by totally the wrong things.

Its all about competition and status and stupid massive sunglasses.

And most guys are too afraid to be alone for a little while that they settle for some old battleaxe who used to be the local bike and then spend the rest of there life's moaning about it and judging others.

Do what makes U happy people and boIIox to anyone that thinks otherwise !!

Absolutely

fred
7th July 2006, 13:30
"My asawa ko"
Sorry to seem so petty but this is one of my pet hates..

It means somthing like ...My wife my. :NoNo:

Eljohno
7th July 2006, 13:38
Sorry to seem so petty but this is one of my pet hates..

It means somthing like ...My wife my. :NoNo:

Fred what is your pet hate? The fact that people translate things wrong?

Surely it is worth trying even if from time to time people get it wrong?:Erm:

KeithD
7th July 2006, 14:56
Ein flasch von Beck beer bitter :)

fred
7th July 2006, 15:04
I wouldn`t mind but there`s only three words involved..:rolleyes:

Assuming you know what "asawa" and "ko means ",the worst you should go wrong would be "ko asawa" or "my wife". (baliktad BTW)

But "my wife my" ?...Why??? :Brick:

fontain
7th July 2006, 16:30
:yikes:

KeithD
7th July 2006, 16:47
You don't get out much do you Fred? :D

fred
7th July 2006, 19:25
You don't get out much do you Fred? :D
I admit..Not nearly enough Win2Win..:NoNo:
Me and my asawa ko are retiring back to the R.P next year so hopefully I can put that right then...:party-smiley-012:

ivor&mel
7th July 2006, 19:36
"my asawa ko"? Be careful, Fred, or else... oh.... :D

russ01539
7th July 2006, 21:14
Fred, i have been with asawa ko for 2 years, but I am making the effort to learn Visayan and Tagalog, but being dyslexic doesnt help. Tell you wot. When I am your age I will come to your graveside and demonstrate my mastery of the language, but until then I will learn (albeit slowly) until I have mastered the language, but for now, I am afraid my spelling and pronunciation will not be quite up to scratch. Sorry to upset you so.

"Kada adlaw naa koy naantiguhan gamay nga bisaya ug tagalog pero panag-sa masayop pod ko, siguro inyo kong matabangan pag sakto niini nga mga sayop..

KeithD
8th July 2006, 08:15
That reminds me......I haven't watched Tombstone for ages.....do they do it in Tagalog? :D

Eljohno
8th July 2006, 17:52
Fred, i have been with asawa ko for 2 years, but I am making the effort to learn Visayan and Tagalog, but being dyslexic doesnt help. Tell you wot. When I am your age I will come to your graveside and demonstrate my mastery of the language, but until then I will learn (albeit slowly) until I have mastered the language, but for now, I am afraid my spelling and pronunciation will not be quite up to scratch. Sorry to upset you so.

"Kada adlaw naa koy naantiguhan gamay nga bisaya ug tagalog pero panag-sa masayop pod ko, siguro inyo kong matabangan pag sakto niini nga mga sayop..

Russ do not let what others say stop you from trying. The fact that you are dyslexic is a credit to you that you are trying and knowing this i am sure Fred takes back the comments he made mate:)

fred
25th July 2006, 23:40

Well... we all make mistakes..No need to be dyslexic in order to do that..
JUST DONT DO IT AGAIN!!! he he..

ps.. I take it all back!!

fred
25th July 2006, 23:55
ps.ps..
Honestly mate..No insult was intended..

ppps.. What did all that Filipino stuff say??:23_111_9[1]:

Don`t make me ask the wife...Please!! :Help1:

russ01539
27th July 2006, 21:01
It means 'every day i learn a little tagalog but sometimes i make a mistake but maybe you can help me to correct my mistakes'

It seems not Fred, but thanks for 'taking it back', no insult was taken mate.

PS. Your wife might not be able to translate cos its in Bisayan, not Tagalog'.

Gavanddal
7th October 2006, 16:01
When I first got involved with Daryl Lynn I knew there would be snide remarks about "mail-order brides" etc and sure enough 1 or 2 people made that comment and I was so prepared that I didn't even respond. All of us come across such stereotypical views and unfortunately some relationships are so "unusual" that they help to re-inforce this image.
With huge age differences and seemingly nothing in common, it is easy to see how people may viewFilipinas in such relationships as being "in it for something other than love".
The Western sterotypical relationship is I guess a 1 or 2 year age gap with the guy being older. They probably come from the same town and have common interests.
It's easy to see cynicism when a 60 year westerner is walking along with a 20-something year old girl. I recently read a tourist review of Alona beach at Panglao where Daryl-Lynn and I had our first holiday together. I said ".....It is mainly filled with Europeans with there young Filipina companions".

Sad

robeth
10th October 2006, 09:13
Sad

ya and actually spoke to 1 of the ladies when i was in cebu attending the cfo seminar who is 20+ and with a 70 yo fiance'...if she have any idea what its like sleeping with a 70 yo guy...all her life! and i can tell...she dont...

KeithD
10th October 2006, 09:26
I was a mail order bride once.....one day I'll get round to telling the missus about the sex change :icon_lol:

robeth
10th October 2006, 09:29
in fairness, i dont want to be age descriminatory for those who think they really found "love" despite of age differences but 50 year old gap is just too much! and crazy...no wonder i heard some women left and run away with much younger men...i dont know why??

KeithD
10th October 2006, 09:35
What's wrong with 50 years difference?? Charles & Camilla get on fine, and she looks 167 :)

robeth
10th October 2006, 10:21
What's wrong with 50 years difference?? Charles & Camilla get on fine, and she looks 167 :)

hahaha...there's nothing with 50 years difference as long as im the 70 yo and the guy is 20...sexist now?...:icon_lol: :action-smiley-081:

bigtombowski
10th May 2007, 19:39
i know this is from a long time ago, but ive only gotten round to reading it now . . .

that was such a cracking response from Robeth . . .

I personally have NO IDEA how these beautiful 19 year old dalaga can find a man who's 68 sexually attractive! I wish no offense to anyone on this board but . . .
i would think that if some woman has a baby with an elderly gentleman, and he lives until the baby is 6 and dies of old age . . . surely, that's not good???

just my 2 pence! ;)

Blueberry
11th September 2007, 15:42

Same thing happened to my wife just recently,of which ive just been informed.We were at a friends birthday party and Maricel went into the kitchen only to hear people saying that she is only using me:cwm23:.She did'nt tell me as she knew i would confront them head on,she was right.It does hurt to hear these things more so for Maricel,even now.Sometimes she does'nt want to come and meet certain friends because of it.To this day she still will not tell me who said it,personally i want to confront them on this issue and have my two pence worth:furious3:.Ijust don't like people to get away with thing's,i would be happy to let thing's go if it did,nt affect my wife but it doe's but what can i do ?:Erm:

Alan
11th September 2007, 16:12
Thing is, it's not always racism, more jealousy......they are probably stuck with fat ugly useless wives, while you have to put up with a Goddess :)

I agree 100% with Keith's comment here - and I am sure that all our brothers here have their own Goddess. Let the racist morons rot in hell.:cwm23:

Al.

KeithD
11th September 2007, 16:37
Let the racist morons rot in hell.:cwm23:

Al.

:yikes: I don't like the French....better put a fireproof blanket in my coffin just in case :cwm24:

12kdnet64
27th October 2007, 01:57
It might be too late to react but I cant help it! Why they pick on Asians and Filipinas when your own UK women wont just let go off their husband even after the divorce and settlement has been paid. Ha! Ha! Specially if the Brits male got married to an asian, the ex wife and the kids has special skills on extertions. Mind you, they even get government support. Filipinas are born with their eyes open to circumstances of not getting anything from a Filipino husband when he decided to go for someone (specially if the pinoy got someone younger). And in some cases that I have seen....with apologies to all, some men married to Filipina dont even deserve their wives. Tell your friend to get himself an english la di da