PDA

View Full Version : Gifts to send to g/f+family

adamsky11
29th October 2007, 16:26
:-)

hi i would like to send my g/f a hamper for xmas, should i just buy uk goods ? or is there anyone that specializes in filipino ?
i think i would be better purchasing something she and her family can use rather than the typical "luxury" hamper of biscuits and chocolate ?
or am i being ignorant,
thank you in advance
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

wynna
29th October 2007, 19:35
If thats what you intend to do then here's a link that may help:
http://www.ofwgifts.com/shopexd.asp?id=396&bc=no

However, do you think they would appreciate this more than the money bearing in mind the value of the goods that you would pay is far more than they could buy for at home. If you'll give the money then they could buy the foods that they prefer to put on their christmas table.

joebloggs
29th October 2007, 19:49
totally agree, either send them cash, or if you want to buy ur g/f a gift, maybe send her mom the money and ask her mom to buy it, buy online you will get ripped off :doh

i must have spent £100's buying flowers online from the malls in laguna. while if you went to the mall it be a fraction :rolleyes:

bigtombowski
29th October 2007, 21:28
hehe,
i agree with all the above, although she may agree u getting her something romantic, but also money is very important because of the way things are! lol

ok

so ...

send some money, but do it in a nice taseful tactful way :D

tom

bornatbirth
29th October 2007, 23:09
as my gf puts it "a big cash gift" this way she can get all that she likes far cheaper and will love u so much more!

bigtombowski
29th October 2007, 23:10
sounds like so far the forum has reached consensus :D

kimmi
30th October 2007, 00:15
i agree with the guys here..

so at least u can be sure that they will like it and it will fit them if ever..

empott
30th October 2007, 02:40
Let's be practical these days, send 'em the money. :icon_lol: Kidding aside, everyone here (including me) thinks that that is the best thing to do.

cinmickey28
30th October 2007, 03:31
I agree with what you guyz are saying too! At least they could choose how to spend it. I am sure they would prefer to spend it on foods for "Noche Buena" as we are like to have plenty of foods on the table during Christmas and New Year!!!!

adamsky11
30th October 2007, 12:29
Thank you guys and girls, i already send money every month. But i do understand, yes you are right with the money they can buy much more ! yes i spent ££££ on interflora , guys dont bother, they die within 2 days (the flowers)and looked nothing like what i picked !! ha ha

adamsky11
30th October 2007, 12:31
but i maybe send them a traditional English hamper filled with scottish biscuits, and italian crackers, french jam and german wine !! oh and assembled in Poland lolzzz
great being european innit !!

adamsky11
30th October 2007, 12:34
Thank you Wynna :-) wow great site !! guess i am going to enjoy this one ! because to me its the thought of sending the gift and imagining them opening it !!
thank you

KeithD
30th October 2007, 13:16
Send them an elephant, they can use it to remind them of birthday, special events, etc....:)

IanB
30th October 2007, 13:18
I don't like to send money for Christmas, birthdays etc. A thoughtful present is much better, surely? Obviously there is no point in sending things which are much cheaper to buy in the Philippines either. Chocloates are not a good idea! Marks and Spencer underwear seems to go down well, plus nice smells and lotions too. Maybe some jewellry?

A lot more exciting than a visit to Western Union! Naturally, the money is expected too . . .

Ian

joebloggs
30th October 2007, 14:23
Chocloates are not a good idea!

your joking, choclates are a lot more expensive in the philippines and i'm not sure you will find quailty ones there.. get some quailty chocs from here or liqueurs with Cointreau, Whisky, Rum, Sherry, Brandy and Cognac in, and take them with you, give them to your g/f and her parents :xxgrinning--00xx3:

IanB
30th October 2007, 14:31
your joking, choclates are a lot more expensive in the philippines and i'm not sure you will find quailty ones there.. get some quailty chocs from here or liqueurs with Cointreau, Whisky, Rum, Sherry, Brandy and Cognac in, and take them with you, give them to your g/f and her parents :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I gave in to Mae's request to include a box of choccies in her parcel. Needless to say, they had all melted when they arrived!:doh

Ian

GaryFifer
1st November 2007, 17:51
I think its too expensive.Whatever you buy here is all made in China,so feels ur just sending it back.Think of something native to the country. hmm In my town it would be roll of linoleum!!We were the biggest in the world to produce it.Like Billy conolly says.. the bottom fell out the market..See what I mean...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o33Yoka9iHM