PDA

View Full Version : The News

stevewool
19th July 2014, 12:29
Watching the news on the terrible incident over the Ukraine and how some newsreaders and reporters come across, most are very very good but i have just watched sky news and Kay Burly has come across to me as a right cow, she was asking this chap, was it the fault of the Malaysian Airlines for what has happened and after what seemed like 5 times asking the question different ways she still did not get the answer she was wanting.

Times like these we just want to get the bodies back and try to sort it out after this has been done, my heart goes out to those poor souls.

Michael Parnham
19th July 2014, 13:05
Watching the news on the terrible incident over the Ukraine and how some newsreaders and reporters come acroos, most are very very good but I have just watched sky news and Kay Burly has come across to me as a right cow, she was asking this chap, was it the fault of the Malaysian airlines for what has happened and after what seemed like 5 times asking the question different ways she still did not get the answer she was wanting,

Times like these we just want to get the bodies back and try to sort it out after this has been done, my heart goes out to those poor souls ,

Mine too Steve, I think one family has lost family members in both Malaysian incidents!

primdale
19th July 2014, 15:06
Watching the news on the terrible incident over the Ukraine and how some newsreaders and reporters come across, most are very very good but I have just watched sky news and Kay Burly has come across to me as a right cow, she was asking this chap, was it the fault of the Malaysian Airlines for what has happened and after what seemed like 5 times asking the question different ways she still did not get the answer she was wanting.

Times like these we just want to get the bodies back and try to sort it out after this has been done, my heart goes out to those poor souls.

Kay Burly has always been - and always will be - a cocky cow.

Horrible woman!

KeithD
19th July 2014, 17:57
Kay basically runs Sky News. She has been there since its launch, and is now very high up in management. She decides where she goes, and what she covers. If interviewers were polite, they'd never get any answers.

les_taxi
19th July 2014, 18:13
Sophie Ridge - political correspondent:hubbahubba:

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/lestaxi1/sophy-ridge.jpg (http://s138.photobucket.com/user/lestaxi1/media/sophy-ridge.jpg.html)

Michael Parnham
19th July 2014, 20:05
Never watched Sky News, big BBC fan also never think to watch ITV either, do watch Al Jazeera two or three times a week because it reports on Philippines quite frequently! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
19th July 2014, 20:12
Never watched Sky News, big BBC fan also never think to watch ITV either, do watch Al Jazeera two or three times a week because it reports on Philippines quite frequently! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Same here Michael :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I also used to watch TV Patrol on TFC every day.....sadly we no longer have access to TFC

KeithD
19th July 2014, 20:26
CNN cover the Philippines as well. The BBC can be very biased, especially when it comes to Israel. :action-smiley-081: :xxaction-smiley-047

stevewool
19th July 2014, 20:46
I just read whats on here mainly, but just could not help watching whats been happening over these last few days.

Michael Parnham
19th July 2014, 21:14
Still want to know what really happened to the missing Malaysian 777 that vanished in March, hope they find something sooner rather than later!:Erm:

Michael Parnham
19th July 2014, 21:26
Same here Michael :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I also used to watch TV Patrol on TFC every day.....sadly we no longer have access to TFC

Maritess says, type in Pinoy Channel Tambayan on the internet and you will be able to watch TV Patrol, as she watches it almost every day! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
20th July 2014, 08:18
Still want to know what really happened to the missing Malaysian 777 that vanished in March, hope they find something sooner rather than later!:Erm:
They weren't looking for it for over a month. They start again in August. Only a handful of deep sea search subs are available, and most have been tied up elsewhere.

grahamw48
20th July 2014, 09:08
I have zero respect for most of these journos...and indeed, current broadcasting in general.

You only have to watch (or listen) to them speaking ten to the dozen to foreigners to whom OBVIOUSLY English is a foreign language.

Why do they do this ? Idiots. Slow down !

Organisations like the BBC also have British correspondents with peculiar accents that just grate and annoy...like that ugly female middle-east one.

It's about COMMUNICATION, NOT INCLUSION !

I have no idea who runs these news organisations, but they are a bunch of :censored:s

BBC World Service on the radio has become a joke now also. :NoNo:

All the BBC radio stations I have to turn off on a Sunday morning because they are preaching damned religion to me ! :doh

Michael Parnham
20th July 2014, 09:21
I take it you're not keen on the good old Beeb Graham! :Erm:

Dedworth
20th July 2014, 10:44
Maritess says, type in Pinoy Channel Tambayan on the internet and you will be able to watch TV Patrol, as she watches it almost every day! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks for this Michael - Mrs D is pleased as the site she uses to watch TV Pinoy Ako seems to have died a death

primdale
20th July 2014, 12:35
We watch tv patrol or 24 oras on watchfilipinotv.com

Notavirusalso
22nd July 2014, 09:06
All "news" media has an agenda, even Russia Today has had complaints from its journalists that they are required to keep to a script, I've said it before on this forum for other matters but I will say it again, There are two sides to every story - sometimes more. BBC is is a private corporation a business to make profit for its owners it is not the independent, non biased, truthful broadcaster most people have been brainwashed to think it is.

KeithD
22nd July 2014, 09:17
The BBC showed how unbiased it was by interviewing a very biased Israeli journalist, and yet no Palestinians had a right of reply. :doh

Notavirusalso
22nd July 2014, 09:22
This did it for me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltP2t9nq9fI

Notavirusalso
22nd July 2014, 09:33
http://www.globalresearch.ca/malaysian-airlines-mh17-was-ordered-to-fly-over-the-east-ukraine-warzone/5392540

Just ask yourself, what you are not being told and why. I saw the papers in the stand today when I went to the local shop and all the headlines are saying Russia must be punished, attack Putin etc.

Agenda?

KeithD
22nd July 2014, 11:34
Well, it was Russia who supplied the missile, no other country could have done so.

grahamw48
22nd July 2014, 20:10
Then again, how many do we supply, and how many innocents do they kill every year ?

Far too much hypocrisy in this world. :NoNo:

Notavirusalso
22nd July 2014, 20:16
Keith please.. I respect you, you know, but there has been no investigation yet... they don't even know if it was a missile and you are saying Russia is the only country which has a missile capable of bringing a plane down (like you have been told by the media).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siberia_Airlines_Flight_1812

Like I said, it's what you are not being told.

robbie bobby
22nd July 2014, 22:38
Let's face it, we may hear this, that and the other, but I fear the FULL truth about this will never see the light of day!

They may or may not find someone to blame - or use as a scapegoat - but those who are really behind it will never be found guilty.

les_taxi
22nd July 2014, 23:10
Let's hope we do find out. For me, it's a case of simple logic and capability - Russia have the technology, have shot down two Ukrainian planes and it's a no brainier for me.

Dedworth
22nd July 2014, 23:38
BBC is is a private corporation a business to make profit for its owners it is not the independent, non biased, truthful broadcaster most people have been brainwashed to think it is.

Where do you get this one from? :Erm: The Biased Broadcasting Corporation is funded by vast amounts of public money and exists solely to provide extremely well paid employment for a rag tag bunch of lefties, luvvies, fifth columnists, fellow travellers and pig ignorant former professional footballers

Dedworth
22nd July 2014, 23:42
Let's hope we do find out. For me, it's a case of simple logic and capability - Russia have the technology, have shot down two Ukrainian planes and it's a no brainier for me.

There is some previous :-

Soviet jet fighters intercept a Korean Airlines passenger flight in Russian airspace and shoot the plane down, killing 269 passengers and crewmembers. The incident dramatically increased tensions between the Soviet Union and the United States.

On September 1, 1983, Korean Airlines (KAL) flight 007 was on the last leg of a flight from New York City to Seoul, with a stopover in Anchorage, Alaska. As it approached its final destination, the plane began to veer far off its normal course. In just a short time, the plane flew into Russian airspace and crossed over the Kamchatka Peninsula, where some top-secret Soviet military installations were known to be located. The Soviets sent two fighters to intercept the plane. According to tapes of the conversations between the fighter pilots and Soviet ground control, the fighters quickly located the KAL flight and tried to make contact with the passenger jet. Failing to receive a response, one of the fighters fired a heat-seeking missile. KAL 007 was hit and plummeted into the Sea of Japan. All 269 people on board were killed.

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/korean-airlines-flight-shot-down-by-soviet-union

Michael Parnham
23rd July 2014, 05:42
There is some previous :-

Soviet jet fighters intercept a Korean Airlines passenger flight in Russian airspace and shoot the plane down, killing 269 passengers and crewmembers. The incident dramatically increased tensions between the Soviet Union and the United States.

On September 1, 1983, Korean Airlines (KAL) flight 007 was on the last leg of a flight from New York City to Seoul, with a stopover in Anchorage, Alaska. As it approached its final destination, the plane began to veer far off its normal course. In just a short time, the plane flew into Russian airspace and crossed over the Kamchatka Peninsula, where some top-secret Soviet military installations were known to be located. The Soviets sent two fighters to intercept the plane. According to tapes of the conversations between the fighter pilots and Soviet ground control, the fighters quickly located the KAL flight and tried to make contact with the passenger jet. Failing to receive a response, one of the fighters fired a heat-seeking missile. KAL 007 was hit and plummeted into the Sea of Japan. All 269 people on board were killed.

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/korean-airlines-flight-shot-down-by-soviet-union

I remember that!

KeithD
23rd July 2014, 08:56
Keith please.. I respect you, you know, but there has been no investigation yet... they don't even know if it was a missile and you are saying Russia is the only country which has a missile capable of bringing a plane down (like you have been told by the media).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siberia_Airlines_Flight_1812

Like I said, it's what you are not being told.

Within hour of the plane going down, it was reported as being shot down, how many airlines that crash have that stated as pretty much fact after it goes down? Hardly any.

The reason for this is simple. Both the US and Russia have the technology to track all missile launches from around the world. Both of them have exactly the same data set of when the missile went up, where it was fired from (which was a separatist held area). They know how fast it was travelling, its trajectory, and exactly where in space and time it exploded. The US has confirmed all of this, and Russia will have exactly the same data from their ground scanners and satellites, as this was one of the things that formed the basics of the Cold War.

Michael Parnham
23rd July 2014, 10:47
Within hour of the plane going down, it was reported as being shot down, how many airlines that crash have that stated as pretty much fact after it goes down? Hardly any.

The reason for this is simple. Both the US and Russia have the technology to track all missile launches from around the world. Both of them have exactly the same data set of when the missile went up, where it was fired from (which was a separatist held area). They know how fast it was travelling, its trajectory, and exactly where in space and time it exploded. The US has confirmed all of this, and Russia will have exactly the same data from their ground scanners and satellites, as this was one of the things that formed the basics of the Cold War.

Interesting Keith! :Erm:

Notavirusalso
23rd July 2014, 16:27
I'm sorry I haven't got the time to spell it all out, just time to point in another direction that might be worth looking into. Just remember that politicians are not renowned for telling the truth, and as for the BBC and news papers just listen to - or look for - these phrases:-

Believe to be, Possible, Could be, Might have, etc., and then end it with a question mark.

Daily Mail for example today:

http://www.thepaperboy.com/uk/daily-mirror/front-pages-today.cfm?frontpage=37082

Well, I believe that MI5 maybe don't know what they are talking about or they are possible being told what to say or even that the Mail could have just made it up like they might do many things????

grahamw48
23rd July 2014, 16:42
Exactly.

Most of this rubbish churned out by the press is pure speculation and gossip...OPINION rather than NEWS. :doh

Notavirusalso
23rd July 2014, 16:48
Thanks Graham I was starting to feel lonely with despair :Wave:

grahamw48
23rd July 2014, 17:13
Haha.

The so-called news reports really wind me up sometimes.

There I am shouting at the TV..."I want NEWS, not your bloody opinion. Tell me something NEW that has HAPPENED !" :mad:

Grumpy old man. :olddude::Rasp: :icon_lol:

KeithD
23rd July 2014, 18:46
You don't need to listen to politicians or the media to know that Russia and the US have missile tracking technology. The last 45 years have been spent developing better and more sophisticated systems to do just that. Both countries know exactly what happened. Russia have not denied the US intelligence tracking data. :smile:

The media, politicians, and Russians just muddy the waters. The real story is simple. Shot down from a Russian missile launcher in separatist territory. Nothing more to it than that. Who pressed the launch button is a question that as yet needs to be answered.

les_taxi
23rd July 2014, 19:15
The media, politicians, and Russians just muddy the waters. The real story is simple. Shot down from a Russian missile launcher in separatist territory. Nothing more to it than that. Who pressed the launch button is a question that as yet needs to be answered.

The lad's not wrong ya know :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Notavirusalso
23rd July 2014, 21:00
You don't need to listen to politicians or the media to know that Russia and the US have missile tracking technology. The last 45 years have been spent developing better and more sophisticated systems to do just that. Both countries know exactly what happened. Russia have not denied the US intelligence tracking data. :smile:

Why would they need to deny evidence that hasn't been presented?

Please show me where I can see this evidence as I can't find it anywhere only all the information from the Russians producing all their satellite data and the separatists handing over the black boxes to Malaysia.... just leaving Kiev to come forward with the flight towers tapes which the security forces seized.

raynaputi
23rd July 2014, 21:45
2 Ukrainian military jets were just shot by separatists today...same area where the Malaysian plane crashed. :omg::Erm:

KeithD
24th July 2014, 08:34
Considering the separatists and Russia have spent the last 7 days telling us that it wasn't them, and they do not have the means to do it. As Rayna pointed out, they shot down two high speed jets (above shoulder missile range) on Wednesday. The only way of doing that is by using medium range SAM's, which strangely, can also take down an airliner at 33,000ft. That also makes 17 planes that have now been shot down over separatist territory, most over shoulder range. So by shooting down these military planes, they have proved they have the means to shoot down an airliner.

US Intelligence reports: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=us+intelligence+track+missile&num=50&newwindow=1&source=univ&tbm=nws&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=v7PQU47BMMqe7Abd94DYDQ&ved=0CCEQqAI&biw=1340&bih=731

Russia tracking technology: http://www.russianspaceweb.com/oko.html

.... and if you like tech stuff, this explains in detail how the tracking systems work https://www.ll.mit.edu/publications/journal/pdf/vol12_no2/12_2detectsatellitiesplanets.pdf

Major shrapnel damage to the cockpit area has now been found. That would have killed the pilots instantly, and knocked out the controls. Lots of pics of different parts of the front of the plane being hit, none at the back. If you know about how metal behaves, the damage could only come from an outside source. If it was an exploding engine, it would have damaged the back of the plane.

Notavirusalso
24th July 2014, 09:51
Hi Keith, Yes mate I get all that, here is what we got and here is how it works and here is a drawing of how it could of happened but where is the evidence ? Oh yeah Obama said so....
http://time.com/3020495/malaysia-airline-crash-intelligence-ukraine-russia/
just read it properly.
“We did pick up a launch, and so we were able to have the ability to track this specific launch,” the official told reporters Tuesday afternoon. show the evidence
But the American intelligence case against Russia remains largely circumstantial, even as Russia has called on the U.S. government to prove its case.
“Everything points at the same scenario,” the official said. “It’s not like there are countertheories that make any sense to us.”....to THEM
“But more generally what we have is a picture of evidence that says the Russians have been providing these arms, ...pictures wow case dismissed
The official did not say whether U.S. intelligence was capable of tracking the missile’s flight-path in real time, or only once the plane had been brought down.
The admittedly circumstantial American case
The official said while the U.S. government does not know with precision how and when the SA-11 got to Ukraine, it did not belong to the Ukrainian government, rather appears to have entered the country from Russia. ...ah it appears ..case solved

Notavirusalso
24th July 2014, 10:02
Just listened to Marie Harf briefings. Once again using words like we suspect and strongly believe, Huh? They believe isn't fact so if they but strongly believe does that then make it fact.

Anybody watching Israel why all this is being plastered all over the place ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhPwX8p9i5w

LOL Just listened to it again it's not 100% nothing is 100% its our assessment.....blah blah blah..if they just gave facts and real evidence then that would stop the awkward (for her) questions

This is my last post on this matter and I only hope I will never have to say I told you so. Either way its gonna be bad news for us all.

God bless their souls.

Dedworth
24th July 2014, 10:14
Considering the separatists and Russia have spent the last 7 days telling us that it wasn't them, and they do not have the means to do it. As Rayna pointed out, they shot down two high speed jets (above shoulder missile range) on Wednesday. The only way of doing that is by using medium range SAM's, which strangely, can also take down an airliner at 33,000ft. That also makes 17 planes that have now been shot down over separatist territory, most over shoulder range. So by shooting down these military planes, they have proved they have the means to shoot down an airliner.

US Intelligence reports: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=us+intelligence+track+missile&num=50&newwindow=1&source=univ&tbm=nws&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=v7PQU47BMMqe7Abd94DYDQ&ved=0CCEQqAI&biw=1340&bih=731

Russia tracking technology: http://www.russianspaceweb.com/oko.html

.... and if you like tech stuff, this explains in detail how the tracking systems work https://www.ll.mit.edu/publications/journal/pdf/vol12_no2/12_2detectsatellitiesplanets.pdf

Major shrapnel damage to the cockpit area has now been found. That would have killed the pilots instantly, and knocked out the controls. Lots of pics of different parts of the front of the plane being hit, none at the back. If you know about how metal behaves, the damage could only come from an outside source. If it was an exploding engine, it would have damaged the back of the plane.

:iagree: 100% correct

I can't fathom out Notavirusalso's angle about BBC, Media, Israel etc