PDA

View Full Version : Red ribbon thing ???

cheng2014
4th July 2014, 17:00
I applied the spousal visa last May 2014 and I got an email just today,saying that my passport will be despatched. I expect that it will arrive in Cebu mid of next week. I DON'T KNOW yet if it is a Yes, but I have a positive feeling that it is. :smile:

But now, I am confused about this (red ribbon thing).

Is it really required that I should have a red ribbon on my documents such as Marriage Certificate, Diploma and etc????????????

Please help, I need an advice here. :NoNo:

raynaputi
4th July 2014, 17:29
No need to get the red ribbon for your documents. It's not needed here in the UK. I think red ribbon is for migrants going to Middle East, if I'm not mistaken.

cheng2014
4th July 2014, 17:36
Thank you very much. :smile:

ashca07
4th July 2014, 18:04
Hi Cheng,

Congrats :)

What date did you submit your application?

I lodged my fiancee application on May 27th here in Manila and I haven't heard anything yet till now.

mrsmccann
5th July 2014, 10:26
Hi Cheng,

May I know the date u applied coz I applied in May too on the 15th to be exact but didn't hear anything from UKVI. Thank u. Btw, bisdak pud ko province sa Cebu ko.

Didn't know ab that red ribbon thing. I have submitted my documents to UKBA or UKVI before but they never asked for red ribbon as proof of an authenticated docs.

Anyway, the email sounds promising. Good luck :):xxgrinning--00xx3:

cheng2014
5th July 2014, 10:34
Hello dear,

I applied last 13th day of May, and now I got my passport with me. My visa app is approved.

Hope you hear yours soon.:smile:

mrsmccann
5th July 2014, 10:40
Hello dear,

I applied last 13th day of May, and now I got my passport with me. My visa app is approved.

Hope you hear yours soon.:smile:

Wow! Thanks a lot for the info, Cheng! Was it u who received the parcel when it arrived at ur door step? Would like to know if they asked for proof of ID. Thanks again! :)

cheng2014
5th July 2014, 10:47
Thank you so much Dear, I have nothing to worry now, knowing that i dont need to stick red ribbon any of my documents.

my passport has arrived and it is a yes to UK.
:smile:

cheng2014
5th July 2014, 10:51

Yes it was me, and they did asked for proof of ID,

mrsmccann
5th July 2014, 10:55

Yes it was me, and they did asked for proof of ID,

Thanks a lot to your quick response Cheng. Greatly appreciated :xxgrinning--00xx3::biggrin:

cheng2014
5th July 2014, 11:09
No problem:smile:

Michael Parnham
5th July 2014, 11:51
Congratulations Cheng! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

cheng2014
5th July 2014, 12:33
Thank you Michael :wink:

Arthur Little
5th July 2014, 17:38
I think red ribbon is for migrants going to Middle East, if I'm not mistaken.

:yeahthat:'s useful to know,:thankyou: Tbh ... I kept hearing about this "red ribbon" in the Phils - after we'd applied for Myrna's Spousal Visa - but had never really understood its significance and ... :anerikke: ... turned out it didn't affect us anyway!

Michael Parnham
5th July 2014, 21:02
:yeahthat:'s useful to know,:thankyou: Tbh ... I kept hearing about this "red ribbon" in the Phils - after we'd applied for Myrna's Spousal Visa - but had never really understood its significance and ... :anerikke: ... turned out it didn't affect us anyway!

When we did our Spouse Visa in Philippines no one ever mentioned anything about Red Ribbon, just asked Maritess now and she said the only time she's heard of Red Ribbon is a cake from Goldilocks cake shop! :xxgrinning--00xx3: