PDA

View Full Version : "The Kings Speech" film.

mickcant
1st July 2014, 17:59
Hi all, :Wave:

The 3 year wait is over, I remember in 2011 all the hype about the film "The Kings Speech"
I said then, I will wait for it to be on TV. :cwm25:

Watched it today a brilliant film, well acted and I could even make the talking sound out, which is unusual in today's films with too loud background music. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mick.:smile:

stevewool
1st July 2014, 19:51
I agree Mick, a very good film indeed

Slip
1st July 2014, 20:20
Watched it at the cinema, wasn't going to, but had a spare afternoon so threw caution to the wind.....

Thought it was superb!

Arthur Little
1st July 2014, 20:38
Watched it today a brilliant film, well acted and I could even make the talking sound out, which is unusual in today's films with too loud background music. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:iagree: ... on BOTH counts.

Only "disappointment" for me ... was to find out later - from Wikipedia - that Lionel Logue never received the courtesy of a knighthood for his services :bigcry: ..... even though he and the King remained best friends.

Dedworth
1st July 2014, 20:53
An excellent film. I'd also recommend the book

The King's speech : how one man saved the British monarchy - Mark Logue and Peter Conradi.

Terpe
1st July 2014, 20:58
Agreed ... Very good film all round.
I actually watched it some time ago now Mick....glad you found it to be well worth the wait.
Sometimes I just can't be patient enough :Cuckoo:

Arthur Little
2nd July 2014, 02:24
Only "disappointment" for me ... was to find out later - from Wikipedia - that Lionel Logue never received the courtesy of a knighthood for his services :bigcry: ..... even though he and the King remained best friends.

:yeahthat: surprised me ... when one considers the numbers of untalented "riff raff" being given knighthoods "ten a penny" nowadays! :doh

mickcant
2nd July 2014, 05:11
:yeahthat: surprised me ... when one considers the numbers of untalented "riff raff" being given knighthoods "ten a penny" nowadays! :doh

I saw in the credits at the end of the film that he did get an award of some sort in 1944 but you are right it was not a knighthood.
I deleted the film or I would watch the end again :cwm24:
Mick.:smile: