PDA

View Full Version : Ukip

stevewool
29th June 2014, 09:49
What's happened to them? Where are the changes that are going to make everyone more happy?

Its gone so quiet from all parties it seems. And what about what has just happened with this Juncker bloke? Are we staying in or pulling out?? There seems to be lots saying this is it - we are on the way out now.

Who cares really

les_taxi
29th June 2014, 10:12
They are not in a position to make any changes in real time Steve as although they won seats, they have no power as such yet.

They hopefully will end up forming a coalition - that's the best they can hope for.

The net result of them winning votes is to make the other parties wake up and adapt to what the public have clearly shown they want.

That's the theory anyway :smile:

tiger31
29th June 2014, 12:29
Cameron was trying to appease the Tory voters by saying he wants reforms within the EU. Well, that,s gone out the window with the appointment of this guy who wants even more power given to Brussels. So Cameron has to decide to take us out of Europe - and hopefully stay in power - or risk the wrath of his own voters and hand power to Labour.

Personally I think he,ll take a gamble and pull out of Europe even although he really wants to stay in.

Longweekend
29th June 2014, 12:41
Cameron was trying to appease the Tory voters by saying he wants reforms within the EU. Well that's gone out the window with the appointment of this guy who wants even more power given to Brussels. So Cameron has to decide to take us out of Europe - and hopefully stay in power - or risk the wrath of his own voters and hand power to Labour.

Personally I think he,ll take a gamble and pull out of Europe even although he really wants to stay in.

Yes, I tend to agree....

Michael Parnham
29th June 2014, 15:25
I think Cameron is a very brave man to stand up for what he believes is right, I also think the Tories will win next year's election! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

les_taxi
29th June 2014, 15:33
Could not imagine Millipede doing that - he would soil his diaper.

Dedworth
29th June 2014, 17:45
Could not imagine Millipede doing that - he would soil his diaper.

:xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol:

andy222
30th June 2014, 08:49
Of coarse I daisagree. Cameron is left with egg on his face. Totally humiliated. How can you vote against someone getting a position like that and the next day phone him up to congratulate him? Total creep.

andy222
30th June 2014, 08:51
As for tories winning the next election I dont think so.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/devastated-families-face-eviction-after-3786578
I believe this peice of scum is from your neck of the woods Ded?:yikes:

les_taxi
30th June 2014, 09:41
Not humiliated at all . Did the right thing, just shows how gutless the rest of Europe is and labour too.

SimonH
30th June 2014, 10:38
As for tories winning the next election I dont think so.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/devastated-families-face-eviction-after-3786578
I believe this peice of scum is from your neck of the woods Ded?:yikes:

Andy, you seem to resent anyone who has some money:Erm: Why is he a piece of scum :Erm:
From the article:-

Berkshire MP Benyon is a director of his family’s 300-year-old Englefield Estate, which owns 20,000 acres of land from Hampshire to Scotland.

Its portfolio includes the 250-property Benyon Estate in East London which is now a “minority shareholder” in the flats on the New Era Estate.

His brother Edward Benyon confirmed the family was part of the consortium during the meeting.

He also announced plans to .refurbish the 1930s homes and build more flats on the roof.

Edward added: “The goal, which is something I have had to say to all of you, is the fact that the rents will be going to market value.”

So, to sum up.

His company has a MINORITY share in the corporation that bought the estate.

They are going to refurbish and build more flats.

The residents are going to have to pay for living there.

andy222
1st July 2014, 09:48
I resent people who buy a estate and hike the rents up 18 percent and put people in poverty. Whether it be a small percentage of shares or not he is still contributing to the fact.

SimonH
1st July 2014, 09:52
I resent people who buy a estate and hike the rents up 18 percent and put people in poverty. Whether it be a small percentage of shares or not he is still contributing to the fact.

Read it again Andy, they've gone up by 10% not 18 :xxgrinning--00xx3:

andy222
1st July 2014, 10:03
Even 10% is still too much in this age of austerity. The fact is even working people are struggling. And that is where Labour will win the next election.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

SimonH
1st July 2014, 10:16
Even 10% is still too much in this age of austerity. The fact is even working people are struggling. And that is where Labour will win the next election.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Andy, read the article mate :smile:

The tenants were paying £668 a month with the average for a similar 2 bed flat in the area being £2000 a month, so they're still paying a lot less than half the market value.

Read further and you'll see that other investors wanted to buy the estate and bulldoze it, which one is the lesser of the two evils :Erm:

andy222
1st July 2014, 10:20
Why not put it up 5% instead of 10? Total greed.:wink:. If people can pay £2000 a month let them. The fact is everybody cant.

SimonH
1st July 2014, 10:24
Why not put it up 5% instead of 10? Total greed.:wink:. If people can pay £2000 a month let them. The fact is everybody cant.

It must be great on that planet you live on Andy.............. meanwhile back on Earth :laugher:

andy222
1st July 2014, 10:29
I certaily dont want to be on the planet you live on.:laugher: Anyway, you will see next year when the Election comes round. :biggrin:. You want to take my bet on still being in Europe? :biggrin:

Michael Parnham
1st July 2014, 11:59
Really Andy, it doesn't matter what party is in power they are all the same, but you can't go through life hating what you haven't voted for because that is life, and I don't go around hating everything that I haven't voted for, I just live with it and continue with my life as nothing's changed really! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

andy222
1st July 2014, 13:22
Exactly Micheal. Your life has not changed. My standard of living hasnt either. But there are people out there that have been affected. You vote for who is best for yourself. And look at the future too.

les_taxi
1st July 2014, 13:48
But there are people out there that have been affected
Yep always will be whoever is in power-it's called life:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Unfortunately it whas ....ed up a whole lot more by Blair/Brown then anyone ever has done in the past.
Andy I'm at a loss as to what future you wish for-something where Robin Hood exists-we increase benefits,let even more people in and take all the money off people who are better off than you?

bigmarco
1st July 2014, 16:14
Of course the person in the article who described this as social cleansing is 100% right.
Here we have a social housing estate in an inner city area which has suddenly become popular with Tory/New Labour types. This estate has potential to make bucket loads more money for it's new owners if they spend a few quid doing it up and cleanse the flats of their current occupants some of whom have lived in their homes for 70 years.
I'll agree with Andy on this one. Anybody who would try to price people out of their homes in an attempt to make a quick killing is nothing but scum, but I would further add that the local council whom I suspect is Labour should also hang their heads in shame for letting this situation get this far. London needs affordable housing above all for people who are essential for the day to day running of the city and things like this should not be allowed to happen unless of course the residents are going to suitably housed elsewhere.