PDA

View Full Version : Ireland

hawk
24th June 2014, 11:24
Well me and wife have been in Ireland near 3 months. We just finished a week working at Irish open golf at Cork. If you dont know we are doing freedom of movement here in Ireland. Wifes visa was free and she has work permit too for 6 months. Again thats free as we only have to work 3 months or self employed then apply for family permit then its back to uk but we are thinking of staying longer depending on work

tiger31
24th June 2014, 15:47
Well me and wife have been in Ireland near 3 months. We just finished a week working at Irish open golf at Cork. If you dont know we are doing freedom of movement here in Ireland. Wifes visa was free and she has work permit too for 6 months. Again thats free as we only have to work 3 months or self employed then apply for family permit then its back to uk but we are thinking of staying longer depending on work

I,m hoping to do the same but I am getting conflicting accounts on whether my g,f who I,ve been living with and supporting for 4 years will qualify or not.

grahamw48
24th June 2014, 16:24
Good luck hawk.

I'm sure a few of us are following your progress with great interest. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
25th June 2014, 11:26

Hawk, please check back on my advice to you regarding the UKVI changes.

As I've previously informed you. You need to comply with UKVI rules not EU rules.

Please do research properly those aspects around 'centre of life'

If you apply for UK entry after just 3 or 4 months exercising treaty rights you'll almost certainly fail to meet requirements and the application may fall for refusal.

Again, as I've said before I've personally seen many refusals since January that would previously have been granted due to non-compliance with centre of life rules.

I'm not deliberately being negative Hawk, I'm seriously trying to help you avoid problems as there are a significant number of key things you need to do during you time in Ireland.