PDA

View Full Version : Philippines travel: city vs resort

Terpe
15th June 2014, 16:39
The city break

Manila, the capital, is a bit like any other Asian city. Poverty sits metres away from luxury, and the traffic jams are horrendous. But scratch the surface and there’s plenty of fun to be had — from shopping to clubbing to fine dining.

Establish yourself in downtown Makati, where the luxury hotels are situated. Three of the world’s ten biggest malls are situated here, all with more retail area than The Dubai Mall.

Source (http://gulfnews.com/gn-focus/philippines/philippines-travel-city-vs-resort-1.1345994)

stevewool
15th June 2014, 18:36
makes me want to be out there for longer then just a holiday, best of both worlds me thinks:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
16th June 2014, 09:04
I enjoy both 'worlds' too Steve. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
17th June 2014, 10:53
Nice one Peter, I personally prefer Siquijor to anywhere else I've ever been in Philippines, you never know I may have a change of mind yet regarding living there!:Erm:

Terpe
18th June 2014, 07:53
Nice one Peter, I personally prefer Siquijor to anywhere else I've ever been in Philippines, you never know I may have a change of mind yet regarding living there!:Erm:

There are quite a few places in Philippines I'd like to try living in.
There's also quite a number here in UK too.

For us living in the Philippines also means not being too far away from family members.
Well.... selected family members anyway. :wink:

Terpe
18th June 2014, 08:01
I do enjoy many aspects of city life.
But when it comes to actually 'living life' it must be an oceanside one. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I can't see myself buying a lot and building a 'dream' house.....I like to have sufficient freedom to upsticks and move whenever I feel the need. Besides we've seem to have collected too many properties over the years already.