PDA

View Full Version : Unlocking iPhone

Jentobeharrison
15th June 2014, 09:47
Hello,

My iPhone 5 is currently locked to Globe Telecom and I will be bringing it to UK, do you happen to know if there is some people /services which can unlock my phone or make it open line?

aprilmaejon
15th June 2014, 10:06
Hello,

My iPhone 5 is currently locked to Globe Telecom and I will be bringing it to UK, do you happen to know if there is some people /services which can unlock my phone or make it open line?

A lot in the UK. When you arrive here, go to any phone shop in your town or city then they will do it for you for at least £15....

Steve.r
15th June 2014, 10:25
Ha ha..... you know today I took my iphone 5s to an Apple store here in Shanghai and asked the same question as I am locked into Smart. They told me to unlock it would cost me 900 RMB which is £85 :omg:

Michael Parnham
15th June 2014, 11:12
Ha ha..... you know today I took my iphone 5s to an Apple store here in Shanghai and asked the same question as I am locked into Smart. They told me to unlock it would cost me 900 RMB which is £85 :omg:

What a rip off! :thumbsdown:

Steve.r
15th June 2014, 12:52
Apple....... iphone.......Shanghai.........China........ nothing less than I expected for here!!!!!!

cheekee
15th June 2014, 13:28

Wow. £85

Terpe
15th June 2014, 13:43
Hello,

Just a guess really Jen.....but wouldn't it be easier/cheaper to unlock there in PH ?

Jentobeharrison
15th June 2014, 16:19
It's expensive. 35 GBP:(

aprilmaejon
15th June 2014, 17:03
It's expensive. 35 GBP:(

It is expensive Jen...but it's the latest iphone so expect it to be like that.

cheekee
15th June 2014, 17:15
It's expensive. 35 GBP

Are you in Cebu City ?

There are a few shops in the E Mall (second floor) that unlock phones.

aprilmaejon
15th June 2014, 17:23
Are you in Cebu city ?

There are a few shops in the E Mall (second floor) that unlock phones.

There are plenty of phone shop nationwide in the Philippines that unlock phones....but they don't do iPhones for some reasons.

My cousin in Manila got an iphone5c from her American husband. She went form one phone shop to another(she looked everywhere in Manila for a phone shop that can unlock the phone) but all of the shops declined to unlock the thing. They said it's too risky and they don't want to take a risk...so she decided to have the phone unlocked in America when she arrives there...

Jentobeharrison
15th June 2014, 22:34
I am from Manila. They told me that there's no factory unlock of iPhone 5 here so they just put a chip in the SIM card, costs Php2,500.