PDA

View Full Version : Wasps Nest

raynaputi
10th June 2014, 14:54
Okay, it's not actually a pet. :cwm25:

We just discovered that we have a wasps nest in our storage box by the back garden. :grosyeux:We regularly have wasps here but we didn't know it's found a home in our home! :cwm25:

fred
10th June 2014, 15:00
Those pest control guys will kill them all in about 5 mins..
100 pounds please! Talk about being stung!
Not sure if the council will still deal with them?
One way or another though...They gotta go.

Steve.r
10th June 2014, 15:01
Not easy to make friendly as pets Rayna. But a dollop of jam helps :xxgrinning--00xx3:

SimonH
10th June 2014, 15:06
Certainly looks like a wasps next, as opposed to a honey bee's nest. Contact your local council and should sent someone out to get rid of it for a small fee. Unless it's not bothering you of course :smile:

raynaputi
10th June 2014, 15:10
Well, Keith just sprayed some "Combat Fly & Wasp Killer" and he said it's already dying. Poor little things..:cwm25:

:biggrin:
http://www.reachpharmacy.com/files/sxdetail/5012428090582_IMAGE2.jpg

raynaputi
10th June 2014, 15:13
Certainly looks like a wasps next, as opposed to a honey bee's nest. Contact your local council and should sent someone out to get rid of it for a small fee. Unless it's not bothering you of course :smile:

A one or two (or maybe a few) wasps and bees really don't bother me coz they don't usually go near me, but a nest?!?!?! I mean that will be loads! :omg: And I always go on that storage box because our recycling bin for boxes & cardboard is there. :cwm24:

grahamw48
10th June 2014, 15:30
I don't suppose kids are allowed to blow them up with a load of fireworks now...as we used to do. :cwm25:

SimonH
10th June 2014, 15:42
A one or two (or maybe a few) wasps and bees really don't bother me coz they don't usually go near me, but a nest?!?!?! I mean that will be loads! :omg: And I always go on that storage box because our recycling bin for boxes & cardboard is there. :cwm24:

Get onto the council and ask for pest control, depending on your local council they may charge or not (think I paid about £40 last year). They'll want to make sure that they are wasps and not honey bee's though, as honey bee's are protected.

Arthur Little
10th June 2014, 15:49
Well, Keith just sprayed some "Combat Fly & Wasp Killer" and he said it's already dying. Poor little things..:cwm25:

:biggrin:
http://www.reachpharmacy.com/files/sxdetail/5012428090582_IMAGE2.jpg

:sorry-2:, Rayna ... what Keith has done might act as a short-term measure. But for SAFETY's sake I would strongly advise calling in Pest Control :icon_lol: whose number can usually be found in 'Yellow Pages'.

grahamw48
10th June 2014, 15:58
Nah...just boot it and then run like hell. :icon_lol:

cheekee
10th June 2014, 15:59
Nah...just boot it and then run like hell. :icon_lol:

Bend it like Beckham....

raynaputi
10th June 2014, 16:01
Keith has managed to remove the nest now. A couple of wasps were going back to the nest so he removed it. :icon_lol:

Oh, and he said it's definitely wasps nest. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
10th June 2014, 16:02
I don't suppose kids are allowed to blow them up with a load of fireworks now...as we used to do. :cwm25:

We can't do that, we store the generator there and we got some petrol (I think) there too..hahahahaha :icon_lol:

Arthur Little
10th June 2014, 16:44
Not easy to make friendly as pets Rayna. But a dollop of jam helps :xxgrinning--00xx3:
:laugher: ... perhaps we should make this thread a "sticky", Steve!

Terpe
10th June 2014, 22:10
............Poor little things..:cwm25:

:yikes:

:laugher::laugher::laugher::laugher:

Rory
10th June 2014, 22:24
Sometime you just get them angry if you spray them. A few years ago some wasps thought they would start a nest in a bird box I put up in the garden. I covered the hole up with cardboard, all they did was eat through it. :yikes:

Cost me £30 to get pest control out after that.

alanp
10th June 2014, 23:01
Ant powder is the best insecticide to use just puff it into the opening of the nest or where the wasps are going in to a gap. Do it at night so they are less active. Nests at this time of the year are getting bigger daily. A football size nest can have anything from 500 to 2000 wasps in it, depending of the species of wasp.

SimonH
11th June 2014, 05:12
Expanding foam :Erm: