PDA

View Full Version : World Cup 2014 Brazil - England??

KeithD
9th June 2014, 09:19
Well, looking at the friendlies, we have no chance of getting out of the group stages. So it looks like a new manager in 4 weeks. :omg:

The midfield can't keep the ball, so the strikers seldom get hold of it. The defense is like a tea bag. :doh

The only hope we have is that Italy are poo as well at the moment.

les_taxi
9th June 2014, 10:23
Ya can't count friendlies ever :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
9th June 2014, 10:38
Ya can't count friendlies ever :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:Erm:

Someone needs to take Johnson into the jungle and lose him :biggrin:

Longweekend
9th June 2014, 10:41
Unfortunately I have to agree with Keith, hope Roy didn't book the team hotel for more than the group stages.....:NoNo:

les_taxi
9th June 2014, 11:01
The England team may get through to next round, but friendly games mean nothing. Italy look worse than England on that score.

Do you not remember la tournament in 1998? A pre match tournament featuring England Brazil and France?

England won it and France finished bottom - yet a few weeks later were world champs.

KeithD
9th June 2014, 11:07
Friendly results mean nothing, however you should still see the structure of the play standout, and England just don't have one. They constantly give the ball away, and that is the way they have payed for a long time now. Listening to Roy, it appears he hasn't got a clue what to do. :crazy:

Friendlies are supposed to be for fine tuning, but England look like they need a new motor! :cwm3:

les_taxi
9th June 2014, 11:33
The friendly games are to heat acclimatise more than anything. No one wants to get injured. I think we will see a far better England in the 3 games. What i will concede is thst we have a poor squad. Oh for a shearer, Lineker, gazza, Robson etc.

bigmarco
9th June 2014, 16:48
Personally I think it all hinges on the first game. Italy are there for the taking and we should be picking a team to go out and beat them by attacking.
Sadly I think Woy will be picking a team and a plan not to lose the game in which case the Italians could nick a win.
I really hope I'm wrong.

les_taxi
9th June 2014, 17:49
To me it's a nailed on draw,just can't see any other result:smile: