PDA

View Full Version : World Cup - Cameroon 'refuse to board flight to Brazil'

irishman12
8th June 2014, 16:49
https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/world-cup-cameroon-refuse-board-flight-brazil-bonuses-105824352--sow.html The Cameroon squad reportedly refused to board their flight to Brazil for the World Cup in an ongoing dispute over their bonuses for the tournament.L'Equipe are reporting that the squad played their recent friendly matches in the hope that the issue of their share of FIFA's bonus money would be resolved before the World Cup began.And now it seems that the squad have opted to stay in their hotel rather than heading to the airport, despite supporters urging them to get on the plane.

The latest offer on the table was put forward on Friday, proposing that players would receive six per cent of the FIFA bonus for the first round, 20 per cent for the second round, 30 per cent for quarter-finals, 40 per cent for the semi-finals, and 50 per cent for either the final or the third-place play-off.

This is not the first time the Cameroon squad have had disagreements with the authorities over bonuses - the same thing happened in 2002 when it took days of negotiation to secure mutually satisfactory participation fees, and in 2011 they refused to play against Algeria. Maybe Ireland will go instead :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
8th June 2014, 17:52
Oh leave them at home. :NoNo:

les_taxi
8th June 2014, 17:58
It's not meant to be about money - it's about participating for you country :doh

Arthur Little
8th June 2014, 19:11
:grosyeux: ... at first glance, :cwm24: I misread the heading of this thread as: "Cameron refuses to board flight to Brazil"!

les_taxi
8th June 2014, 19:16
:grosyeux: ... at first glance, :cwm24: I misread the heading of this thread as: " Cameron refuses to board flight to Brazil"!

So did I :icon_lol:

I thought Joe was up to mischief :yikes:

Arthur Little
8th June 2014, 19:31
:grosyeux: ... at first glance, :cwm24: I misread the heading of this thread as: " Cameron refuses to board flight to Brazil"!

:signs136: ... mind you ... :anerikke: ... it would've been the "price" of the bugger if he'd been denied permission to board - without a visa - had it been him. :wink:

Iani
8th June 2014, 20:05
Can't blame them in a way, long term financial comfort isn't too secure in Cameroon, and they will want to grab as much as they can. This will be their big chance to get enough for their old age.

If I was to be sarcastic, I'd suggest they must be upset it isn't being held in Europe or America so they can't slip out the hotel at the end of the tournament, but won't say that hehe

les_taxi
8th June 2014, 20:11
If I was to be sarcastic, I'd suggest they must be upset it isn't being held in Europe or America so they can't slip out the hotel at the end of the tournament, but won't say that hehe
As if you could even think such a thing:icon_lol: