PDA

View Full Version : I hope Les doesn't frequent this dubious "restaurant"

Dedworth
5th June 2014, 20:02
Three men were arrested after an immigration raid on a popular Indian restaurant last week.

http://www.northyorkshirenews.com/news/local/immigration-raid-shocks-top-restaurant-1-6656521

Les - phone you're local Environmental Health Dept I'm sure the Food Inspector needs to make a visit

joebloggs
5th June 2014, 20:25
maybe les might know this Lithuanian translator :wink:

The trial of a Lithuanian immigrant who stole two plastic bags worth 10p ended up costing £3,000 after the court hired a Latvian translator by mistake.

read more here .. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2649599/Trial-Lithuanian-immigrant-stole-two-plastic-bags-worth-10p-cost-3-000-court-hired-Latvian-translator-mistake.html

grahamw48
5th June 2014, 21:18
They should keep them LOCKED UP ! :mad:

Our border 'controls' are a damned bad joke. :NoNo:

les_taxi
5th June 2014, 22:01
Yes I was aware of the raid last week as it was happening-was suprised as Cardamom Black is a classier Indian than most,ironically a few years ago the Indian restaurant opposite them got done and they got jailed.
They must have .... for brains-and to make it worse the one just busted charges more than most so no need to employ illegals :icon_lol:

les_taxi
5th June 2014, 22:04
Also i have no problem with Indians-why they employ the Pakistanis is beyond me-they don't even like each other.
When I go for an Indian Meal I don't want Pakistani crap:cwm23:

Dedworth
5th June 2014, 22:29
Also i have no problem with Indians-why they employ the Pakistanis is beyond me-they don't even like each other.
When I go for an Indian Meal I don't want Pakistani crap:cwm23:

I'm happy I don't eat the stuff but from what I understand many "Indian Restaurants" are owned by Pakistanis & Bangladeshis and employ illegals from those countries. I understand very few are truly Indian owned and staffed.

les_taxi
5th June 2014, 22:32
Probably breaks trade descriptions too-as if they are bothered:cwm23:

Dedworth
5th June 2014, 22:39
Right minded people should lobby their local Police and Councils to review the alcohol licences for any businesses employing illegals under prevention of crime and disorder. A lot of these rogue traders are muslim so they shouldn't be flogging booze anyway. I'm on a case locally :smile:

grahamw48
5th June 2014, 22:52
Yes indeed, hypocrites abound where there is money to be made.

My local grocer/off-licence is muslim-owned and run. :NoNo:

Longweekend
5th June 2014, 22:53
The restaurant now faces a potential fine of £60,000 and the men have been released on immigration bail, requiring them to report regularly to the Home Office while steps are taken to remove them from the UK.
What is all that about? do they honestly believe they will report to the home office? I suppose they also believe in Santa....:NoNo:

Dedworth
5th June 2014, 23:01
The restaurant now faces a potential fine of £60,000 and the men have been released on immigration bail, requiring them to report regularly to the Home Office while steps are taken to remove them from the UK.
What is all that about? do they honestly believe they will report to the home office? I suppose they also believe in Santa....:NoNo:

What gets me is they are releasing maggots into the community who are illegal immigrants and as such may well be mass murderers, paedophiles, terrorists, carrying deadly diseases etc

grahamw48
5th June 2014, 23:44
Agreed Dedworth.

Makes a total mockery of existing anti-terrorism measures. :doh

les_taxi
5th June 2014, 23:52
The owners should face compulsory jail terms of 5 years and then be deported