PDA

View Full Version : Well Done Saints!

Amaw2008
17th May 2014, 22:20
I'm really pleased that St Johnstone have won the Scottish F.A. Cup, the first time since the club was founded 160 years ago. I spent much of my childhood in Perth, from the age of four to twelve.
South of the border I support Manchester City (and well done to them for finishing top of the league), but I have to confess that I don't have the same visceral love for the club that I have for Saints. You have to have supported the same club and no other since early childhood to feel that. I never have and never will support any other Scottish club. Good old Saints!:Jump:Arthur, I expect you're glad too as you live in Perth, but you said that you were born in Glasgow. Dare I suggest that although I'm a sassenach, I might be cheering even louder? There's one joke which has been blown away forever; "What do you call a Saint Johnstone supporter with a bottle of champagne?" "A waiter." Ha, ha, ha, the correct answer is an F.A. Cup winner!

les_taxi
18th May 2014, 01:39
I watched it and they deserved it and they had plenty of luck on their side too :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
18th May 2014, 02:04
I'm really pleased that St Johnstone have won the Scottish F.A. Cup ... Good old Saints!:Jump: Arthur, I expect you're glad too as you live in Perth, but you said that you were born in Glasgow.

:Hellooo: ... yes, I am indeed! And you're right, I'm a Glaswegian by birth. But it's over *60 years since I left my roots behind to move to the 'BIG County'. Forty-six of *them have been spent living in the same house in the Fair City itself. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dare I suggest that although I'm a sassenach, I might be cheering even louder?

:smile: Sure thing ... be my guest! Besides ... :anerikke: ... being a "Sassenach", ISN'T your fault! :icon_lol:

Arthur Little
18th May 2014, 02:17
I watched it and they deserved it and they had plenty of luck on their side too :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:Erm: ... "skill" ... I'd rather call it, Les.