PDA

View Full Version : Cheat your way to a passport: For £500, migrants who speak no English

joebloggs
16th May 2014, 23:17
The scam focuses on exam centres – licensed by the Home Office – which are supposed to test if a person can speak English to at least a basic level.

read more here .. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2630809/Cheat-way-passport-For-500-migrants-speak-no-English-buy-certificate-opens-door-UK-citizenship.html

andy222
17th May 2014, 09:47
Another sign of the tories keeping net immigration down.:biggrin:

SimonH
17th May 2014, 09:59
Home Secretary Theresa May has ordered urgent investigation into findings

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2630809/Cheat-way-passport-For-500-migrants-speak-no-English-buy-certificate-opens-door-UK-citizenship.html#ixzz31xg7XGRx

Another case of something being done about it, I wonder how long it's been going on for :Erm:

SimonH
17th May 2014, 10:20
From the same article:-

Citizenship applications surged in the wake of Labour’s open-door immigration policy. Last year, 200,000 requests were rubber-stamped. The main beneficiaries are from India, Pakistan, Nigeria, China and the Philippines.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2630809/Cheat-way-passport-For-500-migrants-speak-no-English-buy-certificate-opens-door-UK-citizenship.html#ixzz31xlbZhyI

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

joebloggs
17th May 2014, 11:54
i wouldn't take the mails word for it :NoNo:

open door policy :icon_lol: it takes at least 5 yrs of being in the UK for someone who isn't married to a British citizen to be able to apply for Citizenship.

looking at the graph Grants by citizenship category, 1962-2012
http://www.migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/briefings/naturalisation-british-citizen-concepts-and-trends

you can see the increase in applications for citizenship started rising in 1998, Blair became MP in 1997, but the increase in applications started in 1998 take off the 5yrs you would need to had be in the UK to apply that means the immigrants who applied in 1998 must have came to the UK before 1993 ! when the Tories were in power :doh

you can only blame labour from when Blair be came MP in 1997+5yrs, so if you look at the graph before 2002 you can see the number of applications had been steadily increasing and had gone from 20k when blair became PM to 60K a year after blair had been PM for yrs, this 40k increase a year is down to the Tories not labour. :doh

Dedworth
17th May 2014, 14:48
Going on all the time at 'stani & indian run "colleges" and "test centres" I saw this Panorame programme a few months ago. They should be immediately shut down and those running them jailed,

BBC Panorama investigation finds English visa tests were FAKED - with answers read out for students

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/bbc-panorama-investigation-finds-english-3130112#ixzz31yqvvT5L

les_taxi
17th May 2014, 14:53
Any chance the guy selling the certificate was a follower of Islam:icon_lol:

les_taxi
17th May 2014, 14:55
Home Secretary Theresa May has ordered urgent investigation into findings
Thats the difference,Labour would have given amnesty:icon_lol:

Dedworth
17th May 2014, 15:10

Harriet Harman would have posed for photos with the centre owners :biggrin:

Guilty: High-profile Muslim charity chief who sexually abused three girls aged under 14

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2625179/Guilty-High-profile-Muslim-charity-chief-sexually-abused-three-girls-aged-14.html#ixzz31ywWjkjj

joebloggs
17th May 2014, 15:35

:doh how long was the last labour gov in power for Les and can you tell me the dates of the amnesties they had :Erm:

joebloggs
17th May 2014, 15:41
Harriet Harman would have posed for photos with the centre owners :biggrin:

Guilty: High-profile Muslim charity chief who sexually abused three girls aged under 14

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2625179/Guilty-High-profile-Muslim-charity-chief-sexually-abused-three-girls-aged-14.html#ixzz31ywWjkjj

http://www.barenakedislam.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/david-cameron-with-mohammed-morsi-1024x7001-e13974050369591.jpg

Last year David Cameron warmly welcomed Muslim Brotherhood’s Mohamed Morsi as President of Egypt

les_taxi
17th May 2014, 15:45
How long was the last Labour gov in power for Les and can you tell me the dates of the amnesties they had??

Too long and hopefully never to return to power :xxgrinning--00xx3:

No Amesties that I can think of but if in power in future lots probably :icon_lol:

You can waffle all you want Joe, but while Labour were in power the seeds were sown for mass immigration, and multicultural acceptance and erosion of English Traditions and Values.

Dedworth
17th May 2014, 15:53
One for your photo album Joe :wink:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSttzXf8o1kecQLVu-DHUO9SLzUY-lgx2V2DjRJOMobEdeW8f92gQ

joebloggs
17th May 2014, 16:14
Too long and hopefully never to return to power :xxgrinning--00xx3:

No Amesties that I can think of, but if in power in future, lots probably :icon_lol:

You can waffle all you want Joe, but while Labour were in power, the seeds were sown for mass immigration, and multicultural acceptance and erosion of English Traditions and Values.

None :yikes:, for once Les, I think you might be correct :icon_lol:

Yes, and Thatcher not once but twice backed the EEC and on us staying in it :doh

Dedworth
17th May 2014, 16:25
None :yikes:, for once Les, I think you might be correct :icon_lol:

Yes, and Thatcher not once but twice backed the EEC and on us staying in it :doh

Was that the EEC before it had it's own currency, impoverished ex Comecon members, human rights court, etc etc.

I guess in an era when you could buy jars of jam with golliwogs on them and watch "It ain't half hot mum" on your 3 channel TV

Nostalgia is a wonderful thing

joebloggs
17th May 2014, 16:31
Was that the EEC before it had it's own currency, impoverished ex Comecon members, human rights court, etc etc.

I guess in an era when you could buy jars of jam with golliwogs on them and watch "It ain't half hot mum" on your 3 channel TV

Nostalgia is a wonderful thing

Well dedworth, this gov has been in power 4yrs and done nothing about it, and we know Cameron is pro Europe, and he talks about a vote in 2017 :icon_lol: always manana :icon_lol:

les_taxi
17th May 2014, 16:59
He will give us the Vote, unlike Labour - bunch of loonies :icon_lol:

Dedworth
17th May 2014, 17:51
He will give us the Vote, unlike Labour - bunch of loonies :icon_lol:

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/DEMOCRAT-THE-LOONEY-LEFT-DUMB-DONKEY-PIN-BUTTON-PIN-POLITICAL-THATS-ALL-FOLKS-/00/s/NTkxWDU4NA==/z/W-YAAOxy3hJSRQCq/$T2eC16R,!zgFId,meu4wBSRQCpu9Sw~~60_35.JPG

dontpushme
17th May 2014, 22:43
LOL. I came here for the discussion on English Test cheats, and got lost in the politics. :cwm3:

Arthur Little
17th May 2014, 23:07
LOL. I came here for the discussion on English Test cheats, and got lost in the politics. :cwm3:

:icon_rolleyes: ... no surprises there! :doh

dontpushme
17th May 2014, 23:29
Haha! I'm not surprised that there's a lot of talk of politics these days. So far this week, we've gotten four campaign flyers in the mail. Some OAP even insisted on personally giving me a flyer after I told him twice that I was only on a visa and wasn't eligible to vote.:anerikke:

les_taxi
18th May 2014, 01:34

Ha that's so normal on here,you will be lucky to find a thread that stays on subject:icon_lol:
We can't help ourselves:biggrin:
Watch, I will now start a thread off about Cheese-see how it morphs into something else:icon_lol:

bigmarco
18th May 2014, 19:17

You're right :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Sadly it's not about politics. It's about greed, desperation and criminals who need to be put out of business.
My wife and I met a lovely girl from the Philippines about 18 months ago who was over on a student visa which had come to an end. She had been working part time in a nursing home and desperately wanted to stay as they had promised her a full time position. Prior to our meeting she had been put in touch with a company who have offices in London, Pakistan and Dubai. This company advised her that they could guarantee her stay here by getting her an Entrepreneur Visa for a substantial fee. By the time she relayed her story to me she had already submitted the application and parted with fees totalling £10k to cover the application and the appeal as it had been refused. I told her in my opinion she had no chance of success and needless to say she's now back in the Philippines less £10k which would have helped her a lot.
Meanwhile the Immigration Advice Company continues to operate doubtless parting more fools from their money :cwm23:

Dedworth
18th May 2014, 20:09
You're right :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Sadly it's not about politics. It's about greed, desperation and criminals who need to be put out of business.
My wife and I met a lovely girl from the Philippines about 18 months ago who was over on a student visa which had come to an end. She had been working part time in a nursing home and desperately wanted to stay as they had promised her a full time position. Prior to our meeting she had been put in touch with a company who have offices in London, Pakistan and Dubai. This company advised her that they could guarantee her stay here by getting her an Entrepreneur Visa for a substantial fee. By the time she relayed her story to me she had already submitted the application and parted with fees totalling £10k to cover the application and the appeal as it had been refused. I told her in my opinion she had no chance of success and needless to say she's now back in the Philippines less £10k which would have helped her a lot.
Meanwhile the Immigration Advice Company continues to operate doubtless parting more fools from their money :cwm23:

Scum - no doubt run by undesirables from the sub continent :mad: