PDA

View Full Version : Well done Lewis Hamilton

Dedworth
12th May 2014, 08:36
Three-time Formula One world champion Niki Lauda: Spanish grand prix winner Lewis Hamilton is unbeatable

Mercedes F1 chairman hails drivers' championship leader while Red Bull's Christian Horner concedes Silver Arrows could win every race this season

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/10823488/Three-time-Formula-One-world-champion-Niki-Lauda-Spanish-grand-prix-winner-Lewis-Hamilton-is-unbeatable.html

Terpe
12th May 2014, 09:14
Yes....well done Lewis :xxgrinning--00xx3:

And well done Mercedes :Jump:

KeithD
12th May 2014, 09:15
Vettel seems to be doing a ManU :icon_lol:

Michael Parnham
12th May 2014, 12:22
That's my boy, well done Lewis! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
12th May 2014, 15:39
Just watching it from my bed in my Dagupan hotel room.

Seems much more enjoyable. :smile:

andy222
12th May 2014, 18:00
He must have a damn good car. Button reckons it will take 3 months for Maclaren to match the speed of Hamilton's car.:yikes:.

Michael Parnham
23rd June 2014, 06:35
Lewis Hamilton gave one of his best drives in Austrian Grand Prix yesterday, excellent race all round! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
24th June 2014, 16:30
It was a good race. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'll be a lot happier when they get some 'sound' back.

Michael Parnham
24th June 2014, 18:58
It was a good race. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'll be a lot happier when they get some 'sound' back.

Don't have a sound problem Graham, just use my Theatre sound system, the new cars do sound different though! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
24th June 2014, 19:56
Yes, I meant the new cars sound RUBBISH. :thumbsdown: :mad:

Michael Parnham
25th June 2014, 10:57
Yes, I meant the new cars sound RUBBISH. :thumbsdown: :mad:

I suppose they are designed to eliminate noise pollution Graham! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
25th June 2014, 22:02
Depends on what you like.

Most racetracks are out in the countryside.

I would certainly call a screaming and swearing airhorn- blowing football match crowd of 50,000 people 'noise pollution' . :smile:

The cars are quieter due to the new power plants, and all racetracks have noise limits put on the cars, depending upon what class they are competing in. I don't see much harm in 2 or 3 days F1 volume for a couple of hours once a year though.

Michael Parnham
26th June 2014, 06:40
Depends on what you like.

Most racetracks are out in the countryside.

I would certainly call a screaming and swearing airhorn- blowing football match crowd of 50,000 people 'noise pollution' . :smile:

The cars are quieter due to the new power plants, and all racetracks have noise limits put on the cars, depending upon what class they are competing in. I don't see much harm in 2 or 3 days F1 volume for a couple of hours once a year though.

Nothing sounds better than a roaring V8!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
26th June 2014, 07:08
to tell the truth, Lewis is a great racer but if its not going his way hes such a mar mar, thats what comes across when hes being interviewed

grahamw48
26th June 2014, 09:30
Nothing sounds better than a roaring V8!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Too true Michael.

There are some great videos on youtube from the (scary) old days. More power, less grip, manual gear-changing, etc. :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTbXc4_H4Cc

Michael Parnham
26th June 2014, 16:18
to tell the truth, Lewis is a great racer but if its not going his way hes such a mar mar, thats what comes across when hes being interviewed

Yes I've noticed that Steve, but he's still my boy!:drivingx::xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
26th June 2014, 20:17
I wonder what we would be like under the same daily pressures from sponsors, team and media...never mind having to drive perfectly at F1 speeds for a couple of hours. :smile:

It's hard enough on the Xbox for 10 laps.

Seems like a decent lad and a fine young role model.

Michael Parnham
26th June 2014, 21:33
I imagine with all the other media pressures - apart from driving - it's a hard job Graham. I don't think I could have done it in this day and age.

Changing the subject slightly, it really annoys me that footballers receive far more money than the Prime Minister who has all the pressures of the world and hardly ever gets a normal nights sleep throughout his or her career, yet the nation is always complaining about whoever the leader is at the time, and yet they worship footballers who to me don't deserve anything more than an average salary because apart from playing football all they seem to do is party and pose and abuse whoever they like. To me there's only one recent footballer that's got it right and that's David Beckham, nice guy. Sorry to go off topic but just had to get that off my chest! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
26th June 2014, 21:44
Too true Michael.

There are some great videos on youtube from the (scary) old days. More power, less grip, manual gear-changing, etc. :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTbXc4_H4Cc

Nice vid Graham, Thanks! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
26th June 2014, 22:15
I imagine with all the other media pressures - apart from driving - it's a hard job Graham. I don't think I could have done it in this day and age.

Changing the subject slightly, it really annoys me that footballers receive far more money than the Prime Minister who has all the pressures of the world and hardly ever gets a normal nights sleep throughout his or her career, yet the nation is always complaining about whoever the leader is at the time, and yet they worship footballers who to me don't deserve anything more than an average salary because apart from playing football all they seem to do is party and pose and abuse whoever they like. To me there's only one recent footballer that's got it right and that's David Beckham, nice guy. Sorry to go off topic but just had to get that off my chest! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I agree Michael.

I wonder how much the 1966 World Cup Team were getting paid a week. :smile:

Michael Parnham
27th June 2014, 06:18
I agree Michael.

I wonder how much the 1966 World Cup Team were getting paid a week. :smile:
It would be very interesting to know, in fact it should be made public who earns what and for doing what some entertainers and people in the public eye deserve what they earn and others certainly do not! :Erm: