PDA

View Full Version : Body cameras to be worn by police

johncar54
8th May 2014, 14:07
At last. What an excellent initiative.

Firstly it will ensure that all officers deal with the public in the way most would want (and those who do not can be sacked) and secondly it will show just what coppers have to put up with day in and day out.

I believe it should substantially reduce court time and legal aid, as if the recording shows an offence has been committed (and in most cases if it did not they would not have been charged) defendants are unlikely to waste court time with pleading not guilty, and making unfounded allegations against the arresting officer in the hope of getting off.

Oh, and legal aid solicitors and barristers will stop wasting time and save public expense, by advising their clients to plead not guilty when the evidence is overwhelming.

Looks like a win, win all round great result, except for the out of work lawyers, magistrates and judges !

Arthur Little
8th May 2014, 14:19
At last. What an excellent initiative.

Firstly it will ensure that all officers deal with the public in the way most would want (and those who do not can be sacked) and secondly it will show just what coppers have to put up with day in and day out.

I believe it should substantially reduce court time and legal aid, as if the recording shows an offence has been committed (and in most cases if it did not they would not have been charged) defendants are unlikely to waste court time with pleading not guilty, and making unfounded allegations against the arresting officer in the hope of getting off.

Oh, and legal aid solicitors and barristers will stop wasting time and save public expense, by advising their clients to plead not guilty when the evidence is overwhelming.

Looks like a win, win all round great result, except for the out of work lawyers, magistrates and judges !

:iagree:, John ... good :idea: for the very reasons you've outlined. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
8th May 2014, 14:25
It should cut down claims like he tripped over while resisting arrest, there again does the camera focus on the officers feet,

I hope it transmits sound too,

Yes, I hope it does improve things on either side,

Terpe
8th May 2014, 14:29
Yes, I agree with this initiative..........all the trials and pilots so far have been a huge success.

The general public can seemingly request not to be videoed, which is fair enough. Bona fida 'Suspects' on the other hand cannot.