PDA

View Full Version : British citizenship application timeline

jane2009
7th May 2014, 16:28
Hello everyone

Would you mind to share your timeline of your naturalisation?

6/May/2014---appointment to NCS
7/May/2014 -- application received in Liverpool

sars_notd_virus
7th May 2014, 20:48
Just over Two weeks ..I also used the checking service in Oxfordshire.

jane2009
7th May 2014, 20:57
Just over Two weeks ..I also used the checking service in Oxfordshire.
Thanks for sharing! Would you mind if I ask how long since they took the money out from your bank? Cheers x

NoRest
8th May 2014, 17:55
Hi Jane :smile:
My application was lodged on the 30th April, today 8th May, they deducted the fee from my account.

Arthur Little
8th May 2014, 19:16
My application was lodged on the 30th April, today 8th May, they deducted the fee from my account.

Aye :icon_rolleyes: ... they don't hang about!

:nono-1-1: ...... it wouldn't be so bad if they were as quick off the mark with the result!

Arthur Little
8th May 2014, 19:47
:nono-1-1: ...... it wouldn't be so bad if they were as quick off the mark with the result!

Although ... :anerikke: ... fair dos ... 2 weeks (as was the case with Sars) IS a definite improvement in dealing with straightfoward formalities like applying for Citizenship!

jane2009
8th May 2014, 19:53

Hi there!
Thanks for sharing! Good luck to both of us x

jane2009
8th May 2014, 19:55
Aye :icon_rolleyes: ... they don't hang about!

Hopefully they will get the money out of my bank sir before I spend it all�� lol

Arthur Little
8th May 2014, 20:08
Hopefully they will get the money out of my bank sir before I spend it all�� lol

Indeed, Jane :biggrin: ... anyway, ladies, I wish BOTH of you the very best of luck for a speedy outcome. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

NoRest
8th May 2014, 20:31
Indeed, Jane :biggrin: ... anyway, ladies, I wish BOTH of you the very best of luck for a speedy outcome. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Thanx Arthur, here's hoping it won't be a very long wait :smile:

jane2009
14th May 2014, 09:06
Hello everyone

Would you mind to share your timeline of your naturalisation?

6/May/2014---appointment to NCS
7/May/2014 -- application received in Liverpool

13/May/2014--- took money out from my bank

jane2009
19th May 2014, 00:48
13/May/2014--- took money out from my bank
16/052014 --- received a confirmation letter������

chiechie
17th October 2015, 16:47
Hi everyone! I just wanted to share our journey into attaining my Citizenship Invitation. I have made a separate thread regarding this because I could not find a suitable thread before this!

1st STEP: We applied for my citizenship exactly 1 year after I have received my ILR.
*on the form regarding references, we have used 1) Our family doctor from the Philippines and is a Filipino citizen, and yes, she is still residing in the Philippines until now and was in the Philippines at the time of my application; 2) A friend who knows me for 5 years now and is a British Citizen.
We struggled in filling out that part of the form as when you research on the internet some people said that a reference from outside the UK is not accepted by some NCS. We decided to take the risk as me and my husband both do not know any professional who fit the requirements listed and who had known me for more than 3 years.

We filed our application through the NCS service on 25/07/15. We paid £1005 for the citizenship and I just checked their website again the fee now for the checking of documents is £70. They go through your paperworks, make sure you have everything and you've filled in the application form properly. They photo copy your documents and certify it and then send it off to the UKBA for processing. They issue you a document saying you have paid for the citizenship along with an accomplished questionnaire. We paid by debit card and we were informed that the moment the money has been taken out of your account is the moment they start processing your papers. I was informed that sometimes you will get a confirmation letter saying they have received your application but sometimes you do not so I ended up routinely checking my bank statement, keeping an eye for when they take the fee out. Waiting time is anywhere from 3-6months.
The advantage of this service is that you get to keep your documents and thus allows you to still be able to travel for short holidays (and we have gone out of the country for a short holiday with this application pending). I was advised not to be out of the country for more than 7 days as all being well, I would need to do another BIOMETRICS registration. Yes. AGAIN.

2nd STEP:One week after the date on the letter which was 6TH OF AUGUST, I received an ACKNOWLEDGEMENT RECEIPT of my documents and payment of £1005. It comes with a letter which advised me that I have 15 working days (from the date of the letter) to register my BIOMETRICS.
A quick search made us decide to go to the PORTSMOUTH Post Office branch as other branches, specially those closer to London tend to be very busy. You cannot book an appointment for this service so we ended up taking a day's leave from work to accomplish this. We got to the post office early in the morning and there was no queue at all. it was pretty much a straight forward application. Remember to bring the letter from the Home Office as you will need it and your ILR residence card. The fee is £19.20 upon my application.

The waiting game then starts.

2 Months and 4 Days later we received a pleasant surprise. Dated 10th October 2015 but received 7 days later, my Citizenship Invitation came through the post. It then advised me that I have 21 days from the date on the letter to sort out your ceremony. It is Saturday today and the Register Office is closed so I have not booked one yet, hopefully I will be able to on Monday.

We know how stressful the process is and sometimes how confusing a straight forward question on the forms could be.
I hope my post helps someone, I will try to answer any questions if I can. Goodluck to everyone!

Michael Parnham
17th October 2015, 17:22
Still waiting since first week in June 2015:Erm:

Terpe
18th October 2015, 11:18
Congratulations and well done :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
18th October 2015, 20:28
Well done ,

malchard888
19th October 2015, 12:26
[I]My wife applied for citizenship 13/5/2015 and received her invitation letter dated 23/9/2015 and the ceremony is now booked for the 4th November. Its hard to understand why this takes so long as to some extent its a repeat of the ILR application, what is also annoying is that biometrics have been taken a total of 4 times now which surely is excessive and unnecessary.

Trefor
19th October 2015, 19:40
It seems to be around 6 months at the moment. We submitted 2 weeks ago, I'm not expecting much until March next year. Hopefully people use the checking service and thus keep their passports.

The lady at our checking service (Hinckley) mentioned that there is a rule change next month (language requirements I think), so the UK BA people are super busy and backed up at the moment.

Arthur Little
20th October 2015, 02:38
Having followed the progress of yours - and I (think) practically every one of our number who've "trodden the same path as me" within the many years, I've been a member here - I'm very conscious of how much stress is involved at each stage of the Immigration journey. So, it's my pleasure to CONGRATULATE yet ANOTHER "survivor" - for BOTH patience and on gaining British Citizenship. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Well done, Chie ... and thanks too, for #13 of this thread, in which you kindly share with us, the various steps leading to your success. :thankyou:

Nick-and-Ella
22nd October 2015, 16:49
Having followed the progress of yours - and I (think) practically every one of our number who've "trodden the same path as me" within the many years, I've been a member here - I'm very conscious of how much stress is involved at each stage of the Immigration journey. So, it's my pleasure to CONGRATULATE yet ANOTHER "survivor" - for BOTH patience and on gaining British Citizenship. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Well done, Chie ... and thanks too, for #13 of this thread, in which you kindly share with us, the various steps leading to your success. :thankyou:

Just to add, threads like this are very helpful; Ella has now been here 18 months, so our next hurdles are Life in the UK test, then Ella's spouse visa expires in Nov 2016. At present I'm not sure what we will need to do for that part just yet, but I'm sure I'll get the right advice from here. I believe we get a further 3 years before we can apply for ILR, so not panicking yet, although the whole process is quite stressful.
Oh, one more thing. Ella is now pregnant! 2 months gone, so we're very happy.

Michael Parnham
22nd October 2015, 20:12
Congratulations Ella & Nick, all the best for the Future:xxgrinning--00xx3:

chiechie
27th October 2015, 10:02
Thank you!

chiechie
29th October 2015, 01:11

Thank You Arthur! I