PDA

View Full Version : Won,t be eating there no more thats for sure

tiger31
30th April 2014, 14:11
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2616576/Subway-removes-ham-pork-nearly-200-stores-strong-demand-Muslims-eat-Halal-meat.html

damn disgrace I wonder what would happen if I was in a muslim country and asked for non halal cooked food ?

Dedworth
30th April 2014, 14:19
Removed from my list - thanks for the heads up Tiger, a disgraceful company I've emailed them to say I won't be frequenting any of their places halal or not

UK MD Trevor Haynes haynes_t@subway.com

tiger31
30th April 2014, 14:49
ya wanna send one to the U.S top boss too fred deluca

Dedworth
30th April 2014, 14:57
ya wanna send one to the U.S top boss too fred deluca

thanks Tiger copied to him at -

deluca_f@subway.com

grahamw48
30th April 2014, 15:13
Looks like the tentacles of Islam are spreading into every corner of the culture of this lost nation.

It's only a matter of time now before the fighting starts. :NoNo:

tiger31
30th April 2014, 15:18
I need to find an AK47 first :biggrin:

les_taxi
30th April 2014, 15:52
Never again for me :mad:

Dedworth
30th April 2014, 17:20
I received this from their customer service :-

Due to the growing popularity of the SUBWAY® chain with the diverse multicultural population across the UK and Ireland we put a programme in place in 2007 to ensure that the population demographic is taken into account when new store openings are considered in order that we meet consumer demand in each location.
All our suppliers comply with EU animal welfare legislation as a minimum and we require suppliers of Halal products to adopt the stunning of animals prior to their slaughter. All Halal meats are certified by the appropriate Halal authorities.
All Halal SUBWAY® stores have numerous signs stating that they serve Halal food. These are situated on the menu panels, nutritional information and in the front window of the store. Details about the locations of Halal stores can be found on the store finder at www.subway.co.uk

You can find out more about our Halal products at http://subway.co.uk/menu/halal.aspx

I've replied :-

I do not eat in any establishment that serves Halal food and I can’t be bothered looking for small print and signs when I’m in an unfamiliar town. As I said before you’ve lost my business.

marksroomspain
30th April 2014, 17:24
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2616576/Subway-removes-ham-pork-nearly-200-stores-strong-demand-Muslims-eat-Halal-meat.html

damn disgrace I wonder what would happen if I was in a muslim country and asked for non halal cooked food ?

:behead:...:laugher:

tiger31
30th April 2014, 17:28
I received this from their customer service :-

Due to the growing popularity of the SUBWAY® chain with the diverse multicultural population across the UK and Ireland we put a programme in place in 2007 to ensure that the population demographic is taken into account when new store openings are considered in order that we meet consumer demand in each location.
All our suppliers comply with EU animal welfare legislation as a minimum and we require suppliers of Halal products to adopt the stunning of animals prior to their slaughter. All Halal meats are certified by the appropriate Halal authorities.
All Halal SUBWAY® stores have numerous signs stating that they serve Halal food. These are situated on the menu panels, nutritional information and in the front window of the store. Details about the locations of Halal stores can be found on the store finder at www.subway.co.uk

You can find out more about our Halal products at http://subway.co.uk/menu/halal.aspx

I've replied :-

I do not eat in any establishment that serves Halal food and I can’t be bothered looking for small print and signs when I’m in an unfamiliar town. As I said before you’ve lost my business.

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiger31
30th April 2014, 17:29
:behead:...:laugher:
:yikes:

les_taxi
30th April 2014, 17:31
Well done dedworth.
I would say this is not an Islamic country so it should not be supplied anyway.
I've posted the link on Facebook and will mention it to every customer i pick up.
Luckily being pretty sparse on the Muslim front in Harrogate our subways still serve bacon.
Still won't use em now.

Longweekend
30th April 2014, 17:45
I also emailed them and said if you don't serve ham and bacon you won't get my custom....

Dedworth
30th April 2014, 17:48
Well done all

grahamw48
30th April 2014, 18:23
'the diverse multicultural population across the UK and Ireland we put a programme in place in 2007 to ensure that the population demographic is taken into account when new store openings are considered in order that we meet consumer demand in each location'.

So, in other words they are pandering to a minority group, and in doing so helping to create ghettos.

Fortunately I've never bought any of their rip-off priced food anyway, and certainly will not be doing so in the future, especially if aiding and abetting animal cruelty.