PDA

View Full Version : Surinder Singh

hawk
29th April 2014, 20:14
Well, as some will know, I gave up on getting wife to uk by visa route. Am now in Ireland with wife under Freedom of EU Movement route. Been here a month now as visa is free for wife. :Jump: With new rules we only need to stay 3 months work/or self employed, live and as long as we meet requirements for Family Pass we can return to UK together. And again, it's all FREE instead of having to put up with UKVI crap! Least I am with wife and that's all that counts :smile::Jump:

joebloggs
29th April 2014, 20:40
:xxgrinning--00xx3: well done for doing whatever you had to, to get your wife here, some people recently had posted on here about their partner wanting to give up because of delays, you've showed it can be done hawk, if there is the will, there is a way :xxgrinning--00xx3:

hawk
29th April 2014, 21:00
with all these cases on hold they can still do what am doing as its all free while they wait or they can be with there wife husbands i was going give up myself till i find this route and its all legal uk cant do a single thing so you could be in the sun in spain living working or malta and still complet before ukba give you answer i know lots cant but am sure those who want can do it

joebloggs
29th April 2014, 21:11
it might not be possible for everyone, but its better than giving up on your partner :wink:

all the best hawk for the future , good you beat the gov at it's money making visa con :xxgrinning--00xx3:

hawk
29th April 2014, 21:20
thank you least it gives another way before they give up on there lives and partners

Terpe
29th April 2014, 21:35
Hawk, very we'll done to you both, you've shown there's a way to be together with very little cost .....hope all is well for you there in Ireland.

I don't want to rain on your parade but just to say that those :censored: at UKVI changed their rules somewhat.
You'll likely need to be prepared to stay in Ireland significantly longer than the 3 months you might have planned.

Do you have a job there yet?

It looks at first sight as if 8 - 12 months stay might be your best strategy in order to secure a trouble free return to UK

I can't go into all the detail right now, but I'll make a new thread over the next couple of days explaining how the goalposts have been moved.

As usual UKVI have ignored EU latest rulings and until such time as the courts are utilised to challenge their position it will stand.

Hang on in their hawk, you might be the first to battle through the new regs and return to UK if that's your goal.

Look out for a new thread on this over the next couple of days.

BTW hawk, how proper married life :xxgrinning--00xx3:

hawk
29th April 2014, 22:10
many thanks 8897

grahamw48
29th April 2014, 22:22
I'm so glad that things are starting to work out for you both...but a little confused as to how your wife managed to get entry into Ireland. Maybe I'm a bit thick, but what sort of visa was that ? :Erm:

joebloggs
29th April 2014, 23:14
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/204181/response/510637/attach/html/3/FOI%2031249%20response.pdf.html

the gov don't want people to know

Terpe
29th April 2014, 23:57
many thanks 8897

Hawk, as I mentioned UK regulations are no longer in line with the latest EU directives.

I'll be making a post anyway. You need to comply with UKVI rules not EU rules.

The controversy is about 'centre of life'

Do try and research.

If you apply for UK entry after 3 or 4 months you'll fall for refusal.

I've personally seen refusals since January that would previously have been granted due to non-compliance with centre of life rules.

Just trying to help you hawk as there are quite a few things you'll be expected to do.

As you know the EU and UK legal/court processes are slow.
UKVI will not revise their rules until directed to do so by the highest EU court.

dontgiveuponme
30th April 2014, 00:29
Hello Hawk im happy you found another way to be with your wife..Im not that lucky tho but owell life goes on and..Just dont give up thats the most painful thing ever.

gWaPito
30th April 2014, 01:27
Hello Hawk I'm happy you found another way to be with your wife..I'm not that lucky tho' but oh well, life goes on and..just don't give up that's the most painful thing ever.

Nothing is wasted. ...we learn from our relationships, good and bad and take that experience to the next.

If it's meant to happen, it will :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
30th April 2014, 02:28
Least I am with wife and that's all that counts :smile::Jump:

:xxgrinning--00xx3: ... good on ya, mate!

Michael Parnham
30th April 2014, 11:50
Nothing is wasted. ...we learn from our relationships, good and bad and take that experience to the next.
If it's meant to happen, it will :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Well said! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Robert86
1st May 2014, 18:51
Hi there, my wife and I returned to the UK from Ireland after successfully completing Surrinder Singh. We lived in Ireland for 5 months and I was working there for 4 months. BUT this was under the old regulations (prior to 1st January 2014).

Applications now for Family Permits are heavily judged by the UKVI Centre of Life Test, showing that the centre of your life was in Ireland or any other EU member state. It used to be before, 3 months was the magic number set that people could return to the UK on a Family Permit. But to be on the safe side, I would say the same as Terpe and expect to stay in Ireland for around 8-12 months at least, to make sure you don't encounter any problems on your return to the UK.

At the end of the day, you'll be with your wife and that is the most important thing, its just another experience in your lives together and I'm sure you will enjoy Ireland. If we had to stay for longer, then we would have, we only returned as we were granted the Family Permit. But if not, we would have have happily stayed on longer.

I wish you all the best in Ireland, keep us all posted on how you get on. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
1st May 2014, 18:56
That's good to hear Robert...positive and helpful post. Congratulations on successfully negotiating what must have been a very arduous and stressful route to happiness for you and your loved one . Many thanks for sharing . :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
1st May 2014, 20:14
Very well done! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

marksroomspain
1st May 2014, 23:04
Hi there, my wife and I returned to the UK from Ireland after successfully completing Surrinder Singh. We lived in Ireland for 5 months and I was working there for 4 months, BUT this was under the old regulations (prior 1st January 2014).

Applications now for family permits are heavily judged by the UKVI Centre of Life Test, showing that the centre of your life was in Ireland or any other EU member state. It used to be before, 3 months was the magic number set that people could return to the UK on a Family Permit. But to be on the safe side, I would say the same as Terpe and expect to stay in Ireland for around 8-12 months at least, to make sure you don't encounter any problems on your return to the UK.

At the end of the day, you'll be with your wife and that is the most important thing. It's just another experience in your lives together and I'm sure you will enjoy Ireland. If we had to stay for longer then we would have, we only returned as we were granted the Family Permit. But if not, we would have have happily stayed on longer.

I wish you all the best in Ireland, keep us all posted on how you get on. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Top Guy, a rep truly deserved...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Robert86
2nd May 2014, 08:57
No problem guys, if anyone needs any assistance on the SS route, feel free to ask I will happily help out.

joebloggs
2nd May 2014, 21:17
:mad: It's disgusting that a British Government should be treating its own citizens this way :cwm23:

They can't do this to the EU citizens but they can to their own. EU law is a joke, you can't exercise your own treaty rights in your own country :action-smiley-081:

It's against EU regulations to treat EU citizens differently to British Citizens (e.g. Benefits) but British citizens are being treated differently when it comes to having a legal right to bring your partner to the UK, the right EU citizens have :NoNo:

Wasn't going to mention its a Tory govt behind this, but they've done it in the past with the nasty 'Primary Purpose Rule' :mad:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/special/politics97/news/06/0605/straw.shtml

Arthur Little
2nd May 2014, 21:43
Whilst in government, one Party's as bad as the other in that sense, Joe ... :anerikke: ... you've got to admit!

grahamw48
2nd May 2014, 21:44
Not bothered which party does it, but the one most likely to extract us from the EU will get my vote. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Yes, I voted against :thumbsdown: joining that organisation 40 years ago, or whenever it was...at the risk of repeating myself.

joebloggs
2nd May 2014, 21:50
Whilst in government, one Party's as bad as the other in that sense, Joe ... :anerikke: ... you've got to admit!

You're right Arthur, Labour is nearly as bad - they brought in the 'Life in UK Test - but they did scrap the 'Primary Purpose Rule' when they got into power.

Arthur Little
2nd May 2014, 21:53
Not bothered which party does it, but the one most likely to extract us from the EU will get my vote. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:iagree: ... mine too! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
2nd May 2014, 21:55
'Seeking economic advantage' was the one they used to try to get Settlement Visa applicants on in the 'good old days', back in 1991 when my ex applied.

grahamw48
2nd May 2014, 21:59
..Not sure whether the ex mentioning to the ECO/Vice Consul that her future brother-in-law was his boss helped to oil the wheels. :wink:

Robert86
7th May 2014, 11:31
I'm not against migrants coming into the UK, as long as they bring transferable skills, a good level of education, English and ability to integrate fully into British society. My wife is Filipino, I have many different friends from all sorts of backgrounds and so I'm certainly not a racist but I do believe the UK is getting a bad deal from being in the EU, for many types of reasons.. I do not support a United States of Europe through the back door, because that's all that it really is.

I have never voted before, I'm from Northern Ireland and I'm considering to vote UKIP here.

Donutz
10th August 2014, 13:42
Terpe is right, even though the EU Supreme Court ruled (late March, early April of this year?) that 3 months of actual and genuine stay in an other member state is sufficient. This was in a case versus the Netherlands though. UKVI should know better but, as seen around the EU, being tough on immigration - including spouses or unmarried partners of citizens - gets administrations into office...

I am a fan of the EU though, without it there wouldn't be an SS route since there would not be freedom of movement. When it was drafted, immigration and visa rules for country nationals were lighter, and these EU rules were thus less tolerant or kind. Since then, most countries tightened up the rules and now national rules are often more strict then those that apply to EU citizens! Sadly, such discrimination against citizens in their own country is allowed, probably because nobody ever thought that the less tolerant EU rights would, one day, actually become less strict then national laws. My two cents: If a couple is not bothering anyone (no leaching of the welfare system, not being like a unintegrated chav scum etc.) who are we then to deny them entry to our countries?

UKVI knows better, but I'll bet they are going to give people who return after just a few (3-6) months, a hell of a hard time! Probably will take a few years for UKVI to be corrected by the EU Court...

jonjo
16th August 2014, 11:50
Thank you, Hawk for your post.

My wife's UK visa was one of the ones put on hold last year under the income threshold rules, therefore I decided to take your advice. So in June we applied in Manila for an Irish visa.

It's been nearly seven weeks now, but we should receive the visa soon and we will then be leaving Manila for Dublin. We plan on working there and have no plans to move back to the UK.

I will start another thread when we receive the visa. CFO certificate was done in Cebu a few weeks ago so we just need passport stamped here in Manila after we receive the visa.

Robert86, it was interesting to read about your story too, and thanks for that.