PDA

View Full Version : 51 weeks!

wombat
20th October 2007, 12:36
A short blog only from Ted and Shiela.

October 6th 2006

I first met Shiela 51 weeks ago in Zamboanga City, which is in Mindano. At the time i was advised it was not safe to travel in this area and my future wifes family also thought so to, so i was greeted by a bodyguard.

We then travelled from Zamboanga city by rural bus to Ipil a journey of 5 hours this after it had taken over 26 hours by me of travelling from London to Manilla and then to Zamboanga.

This by the way is my first trip to the Phillipines. Anyway we arrived at Shielas family house and yes whilst i was prepared for the poverty which i had been told about i found out that i wasnt prepared at all.

No running water, bamboo furniture the bed was so hard and i wont mention the toilet. The noise as thier house is but a few feet from the main road.

I was made very welcome many people made a visit to the house to see the westerner the first ever to visit Kitabog Titay and so many girls all wanting to know Shielas decision as to whether we were going to be together or not.

After a couple of days she made her decision and it was decided by the family that i would have to return with the appropiate documents for a formal engagement.

March 2007

I met Shiela and the bodyguard in Manila (i know you dont need one of these in Manila) but her knew his way around so he acted as a guide. Off to the Embassy for the right to marry etc.

Then back to Zamboanga and on to Ipil,, trip to town hall attending the various classes then back to family house to ask parents permission for Shielas hand.

Then a wait of another week whilst all the family elders gathered and spent several hours discussing wedding then we had a party of lechon etc.

June 2007

Here i am again June 12th with just 6 days before i get married. We had a church wedding nearly 600 guests with 250 coming to the hotel whilst the rest were fed in the family house. Costs including dresses, (6 bridesmaids, 5 flowergirls, 6 groomsmen) church, cars, flowers, food, video and photographs etc. set me back £600.00.

June 18th we were married and off for ten days on honeymoon. On our return we made sure we had all our documents ready for visa. I had to return home so Shiela was accompanied by her mum to Manilla to have her photograph and eye scan done then papers were submitted.

THREE weeks later Shiela had her spouse visa no interview. We had prepared so many documents with the help of the advice we found on this website I dont know what we would have done with out it.

September 2007

I flew back to the Phillipines as a surprise to my wife arriving on her birthday Sept 24th with me I had return tickets.

We both arrived back in Uk on October 6th 2007 just 51 weeks from our first meeting.

I would like to say thankyou to everyone on this site for all the information and help that was given.

Ted and Shiela

vbkelly
20th October 2007, 12:53
welcome to the UK sheila hope you enjoy the wheather here and goodluck for the new life as husband and wife

andypaul
20th October 2007, 12:56
Great story and well done to both of you

kimmi
20th October 2007, 13:10
Congratz, I am happy for both of u..:)

Bridget
20th October 2007, 13:16
Thats lovely. Best wishes to both of you.

tomoboyle2000
20th October 2007, 13:27
wow! what a lovely story...... congratulation!

cinmickey28
20th October 2007, 15:06
Welcome to the Forum and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

LEAHnew
21st October 2007, 11:41
:love:Congratulation Ted & Shiela:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::Hellooo::Hellooo:

tiger@tigress
21st October 2007, 19:54
Congratz..

Gie
23rd October 2007, 13:04
Congratulations and Best wishes!:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Alan
23rd October 2007, 14:16
What a wonderful story. Well done to the both of you.

Now why couldn't I have made MY blog as concise as that? :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Al.:)

Missyalice
2nd November 2007, 16:43
Congratulations Ted and Sheila and Welcome!